Peter king | The Boneyard

Peter king

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Just finished article on the draft no love for Kendall Reyes their all gonna find out THE HARD WAY!

Reaction Score
I think Kendall lost his chance at the first round when he sat on his combine numbers. If he had duplicated them, he could have really jumped up.

Hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
I think Kendall lost his chance at the first round when he sat on his combine numbers. If he had duplicated them, he could have really jumped up.

Hope I'm wrong.

That would be an idiotic reason for a team to pass on a player, and I highly doubt that has any impact. Smart GM's watch game film and let the tape do the talking. Combine should not be the factor it is. (Reyes had a great combine too)

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Was listening to pat Kirwan and his co host on the Sirius NFL channel they called Kendall the best of the rest sounds like between Brockers,Poe and Cox the field is stacked I still got a good feeling bout him

Reaction Score
That would be an idiotic reason for a team to pass on a player, and I highly doubt that has any impact. Smart GM's watch game film and let the tape do the talking. Combine should not be the factor it is. (Reyes had a great combine too)
It has nothing to do with the teams. There were four or five DT rated ahead of him. He needed to jump past them. He had a chance to move up with an eye popping pro day. He stood on his combine numbers.

IMHO, he got bad advice. I think he might of moved up with a good day which would be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. He would not have moved down (because of his film) with a so so day. So there was virtually no downside risk in trying to improve his numbers.

Your post is just way off the mark. It doesn't reflect on any GM. I also hope I'm wrong and KR goes in 1.

Reaction Score
I think him and Poe should switch spots. Kendall's game film and character I believe set him apart and although I am slightly biased , believe he is a better pick. Poe isn't as proven and wasn't even first team conference USA

Reaction Score

Hope I'm wrong.

And if he did badly, he almost certainly would've dropped. We can play what-if scenarios all day, but we don't really know. He kept his numbers, which were good, and most experts seemed to believe was a sensible choice given how well the Combine went.

The important part is getting into the game and proving your worth once you're there.

Reaction Score
Kiper has him going in the first round, 25th overall, to the Broncos in his latest draft. In the end I think some team is going to have a hard time passing up on a kid with all the measurables, is smart and articulate, and plays with great hustle.

Reaction Score
And if he did badly, he almost certainly would've dropped. We can play what-if scenarios all day, but we don't really know. He kept his numbers, which were good, and most experts seemed to believe was a sensible choice given how well the Combine went.

The important part is getting into the game and proving your worth once you're there.
I completely agree, it's camp that counts. But draft position can mean hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If Kendall had an off pro day, if he performed less well than the combine, he would not have fallen very far. Because of Kendall's film he would still be a second round pick.

Their are six elite guys in this draft. Another fifteen or so that are rated very highly. Kendall falls into a third group that of about about twenty to twenty-five guys that will go from #20 t0 #45 in the draft.

As I said, I hope I'm wrong. If he was one of the first six or even second fifteen, I would agree he, should have stood on his combine numbers.

But I thought KR could have pushed himself to to top of that third group with a great pro day. A poor one and he still goes middle of the second round. IMO, he was in a no lose situation if he had re-run events on pro day because of how this draft shapes up.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I completely agree, it's camp that counts. But draft position can mean hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If Kendall had an off pro day, if he performed less well than the combine, he would not have fallen very far. Because of Kendall's film he would still be a second round pick.

Their are six elite guys in this draft. Another fifteen or so that are rated very highly. Kendall falls into a third group that of about about twenty to twenty-five guys that will go from #20 t0 #45 in the draft.

As I said, I hope I'm wrong. If he was one of the first six or even second fifteen, I would agree he, should have stood on his combine numbers.

But I thought KR could have pushed himself to to top of that third group with a great pro day. A poor one and he still goes middle of the second round. IMO, he was in a no lose situation if he had re-run events on pro day because of how this draft shapes up.

My prediction is that Reyes will get drafted in the top half of the 2nd round and will be living in Missouri (either St Louis or Kansas City).

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Defensive tackles always seem to go higher in real life than they do in mock drafts. I would not be shocked if he did sneak into the end of the first.

Reaction Score
Defensive tackles always seem to go higher in real life than they do in mock drafts. I would not be shocked if he did sneak into the end of the first.
That's absolutely true. The position is deep this year. There could be five taken in round one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom