Per Reports - Center Alex Mateas has been suspended indefinitely | The Boneyard

Per Reports - Center Alex Mateas has been suspended indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mateas has been suspended indefinitely

I caught enough of yesterday's practice to notice that Alex Mateas was not taking part in drills with the offensive line and asked head coach Paul Pasqualoni about it. He did confirm that Mateas did not practice but nothing more. Well today UConn said the junior center has been suspended from the team indefinitely for an unspecified violation of team rules.

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/04/mateas-has-been-suspended-indefinitely.html

Ken Davis (@Kendavis55)
4/18/13, 4:55 PM
#UConn junior Alex Mateas, OL battling for the starting center spot, has been indefinitely suspended (team rules). Out for spring game Sat.

SMH...

Reaction Score
My first reaction here is always disappointment that these kids find a way to up the opportunity.

From purely a football standpoint.....meh. Hopeful that someone like Bocheloh can step in and take the job by throat because frankly, the center play from last year was......not good.

Reaction Score
My first reaction here is always disappointment that these kids find a way to up the opportunity.

From purely a football standpoint.....meh. Hopeful that someone like Bocheloh can step in and take the job by throat because frankly, the center play from last year was......not good.

Very well said. Agreed on all counts.
Hopefully this will force them to include someone different in the rotation....and hopefully that "different someone" will do a better job.

Reaction Score
Mateas came out of fall practice last year running with the 1's before he got hurt, but I thought the line looked a little more cohesive with Bullock. Then of course Mateas was strictly the wildcat center and it looked like he could not regain his form with the 1's.

How has the battle shaped up this spring? I haven't seen or read anything regarding the depth chart at center.

Reaction Score
How has the battle shaped up this spring? I haven't seen or read anything regarding the depth chart at center.

Bullock is the starter. I thought Bullock was a huge improvement over Mateas.

I wouldn't count on Bockeloh this year, Personally I was hoping Samra or Rugg would give center a try.

Reaction Score
Bullock is the starter. I thought Bullock was a huge improvement over Mateas.

I wouldn't count on Bockeloh this year, Personally I was hoping Samra or Rugg would give center a try.

I'm not being a smart ass, but how did you come to that conclusion? I literally have seen nothing written in the media about the center battle. If there's stuff out there and I missed it, I'd like to see it.

If its just your gut, that's cool too.

Reaction Score
Could have been late to a meeting or several. Give it a break.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

Indefinite suspension for being late to a meeting? Doesn't feel right to me. It's unfair to make assumptions without knowing more but this smells more like an Endres-style issue to me.

Reaction Score
Indefinite suspension for being late to a meeting? Doesn't feel right to me. It's unfair to make assumptions without knowing more but this smells more like an Endres-style issue to me.
I agree p knows how kids are and is tolerant of the little sh17. I am thinking this is something significant

Reaction Score

LOL.....this is the same coach that allowed McCombs to get on the bus to Rutgers the morning after he was arrested right? Yeah, probably missed a team meeting.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Team rules is a pretty broad spectrum, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Reaction Score
I'm not being a smart ass, but how did you come to that conclusion? I literally have seen nothing written in the media about the center battle. If there's stuff out there and I missed it, I'd like to see it.

If its just your gut, that's cool too.

It was reported that Bullock is working with the one's, plus we had video of the first team offensive line that showed Bullock with the ones, plus Bullock was just better than Mateus last year. Regarding Bocheloh, I saw him at an open practice in street clothes and that is a dude who physically looked several years away from being a contributor (more pudge than muscle, I could be wrong here and hope I am). I hope they at least tried Samra at center and it didn't work out vs just not trying. If I'm Schafenacker and I want to get on the field next year I'm practicing snapping the ball.

I have a hunch the reason we are not seeing a traditional Blue White scrimmage is squarely on the center position, so thanks alot Mateus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom