Per AD | The Boneyard

Per AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. Michigan tix only with season ticket package

2. 10 year season tix holder are getting a thank you gift (he didn't elaborate)

.... No surprise on #1

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I was kind of surprised but people clapped at the Michigan tix only being available via season tix.

Nice gesture for the 10 year season ticket holders.

Reaction Score
So if they only sell 31k for season tix the rest of the seats stay empty? Or are they counting on Michigan alumni buying season tix just to get a seat for the game?

If it's the latter and 7k Michigan fans buy season tix that leaves a lot of empty seats for the other games.

Reaction Score
It's incentive to get people to buy season tickets.

Reaction Score
It's incentive to get people to buy season tickets.

I absolutely get that. I guess I was thinking regular folk wouldn't want to buy season tickets just to see Michigan kick our asses. Or not kick our asses.

I think it will boost numbers but I can see Michigan alumni from the tri state area and MA scooping them up for a very short road trip to see their beloved Wolverines.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
All I can say is that I look forward to my surprise gift and CT fans had better step the up and buy some season tickets.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I absolutely get that. I guess I was thinking regular folk wouldn't want to buy season tickets just to see Michigan kick our asses. Or not kick our asses.

I think it will boost numbers but I can see Michigan alumni from the tri state area and MA scooping them up for a very short road trip to see their beloved Wolverines.

They are going to do that if they have to anyway.

The market will determine if season tickets are the only way in or not. They would have to sell season tickets to about 28k non-students to sell the building out for the year. Thats off a baseline of about 17k non students.

Reaction Score
Common practice for schools to do this. UNC did it a couple of times. Once years back when Texas was coming in. And also a couple of years ago when ND came to CH.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
A family member is a UM alum and I know that he and several others want to go to the game. Plenty of UM grads in these parts including metro NYC.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Common practice for schools to do this. UNC did it a couple of times. Once years back when Texas was coming in. And also a couple of years ago when ND came to CH.

We did it for Cuse in hoop this year.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Warde was funny... he made it a point to say that he REALLY want's to beat Michigan when they come in and doesn't want anyone thinking otherwise. He wants to be able to talk smack to all his old Michigan buddies.

Warde being a secret agent for Michigan was always one of my favorite conspiracy theories posted on here... :)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm sure Michigan will get a few thousand tix as an allotment. After that... get your season tix already!

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
So if they only sell 31k for season tix the rest of the seats stay empty? Or are they counting on Michigan alumni buying season tix just to get a seat for the game?

If it's the latter and 7k Michigan fans buy season tix that leaves a lot of empty seats for the other games.

Maybe they will offer up the unused tickets to current season ticket holders only and not to the general public. That would prevent all the Michigan fans getting the tickets from ticketmaster and then having the place full of 15k Michigan fans.

Reaction Score
Best home schedule we have ever had.....One can only hope this is a stepping stone.
Be loud be proud...Go dogs!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Maybe they will offer up the unused tickets to current season ticket holders only and not to the general public. That would prevent all the Michigan fans getting the tickets from ticketmaster and then having the place full of 15k Michigan fans.

That way we could sell them to Michigan fans at a hefty mark-up. Brilliant!

Reaction Score

This is being discussed in the Ath Dept

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
1. Michigan tix only with season ticket package

2. 10 year season tix holder are getting a thank you gift (he didn't elaborate)

.... No surprise on #1
So much for going to the UM game for me. With a daughter who'll be one around the time of the game there's no way I'llbe getting season tix. Had them up until lsst season but her birth put a hold on attending the games. Went to UM with the he wife wgen we played there so I guess that'll have to do....thst really sucks....I'll see what I can get on stubhub but prob not gonna be in our price range. If anyone gets or ends up with extra tix let me know. It took a lot just to get the wife to agree to go to the game. Stupid kids! :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
So much for going to the UM game for me. With a daughter who'll be one around the time of the game there's no way I'llbe getting season tix. Had them up until lsst season but her birth put a hold on attending the games. Went to UM with the he wife wgen we played there so I guess that'll have to do....thst really sucks....I'll see what I can get on stubhub but prob not gonna be in our price range. If anyone gets or ends up with extra tix let me know. It took a lot just to get the wife to agree to go to the game. Stupid kids! :)

C'mon man you can make it work..... Just buy a couple of seats that don't require a donation, it won't cost that much if you just throw $25-50 a month aside starting now. Sell the rest or donate them to a charity or something. Hate to see a season tix holder/fan miss out on our biggest home schedule ever! This is coming from a guy w/ 3 kids under 8, so I've been in your shoes, trust me..... I hope it works out for you!

Reaction Score
I heard that Uconn will be selling standing room tix for the UM game. Anyone else hear this? I think they should do that for any game that is a sellout. It will keep everyone in their seats instead of hanging out by the jumbotron.

Reaction Score
Obviously, they won't let the seats go empty. Hopefully, what they mean is "if we don't sell the stadium out in our season ticket sales, we will offer the remaining seats for the Michigan game only to our season ticket holders.

Reaction Score
I'm really excited that there is this much buzz for season tickets but I am worried about how many UM fans will buy season tix just for that game. I live in Ann Arbor and going to the Big House is so much more expensive than the Rent I can see fans just buying season tix for that game since in the grand scheme, 7 UConn home games aren't that much more expensive that 1 Michigan home game. Either way the athletic dept. will get theirs but I hope the 5 games aside from UM and Maryland are well attended.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

That's really a personal choice, My son's birth in August did not preclude me from buying season tix and going to all six games last year. Had he been on time, it would have been a different story. I would have only been able to go to four games(still would have bought season tix), but he joined us early so I got to go to all six. He turns 1 this August and I can't wait to bring him,...not Michigan, but to one of the early season games. In fact, him getting older should only help my cause...until he wants to play organized town soccer or something.

BTW I don't want to come off as a holier-than-thou type fan or imply anything about your parenthood. My only point is that it can be done. One thing that my son did preclude was our annual out of town baseball trip. I'm currently working on reinstating that...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom