People who don't post during the offseason | Page 2 | The Boneyard

People who don't post during the offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
JS said:
You could always blame them for the continual slurs on coach Auriemma that get thrown against the wall on their home board, even though none of it ever sticks.

No, wait, I guess we decided that wouldn't be fair.

None of them appears to be a jealous moron engaged in a long-running but glaringly delusional attempt at negative recruiting.

Sarcasm on a Sunday morning?

Spoken in a Bullwinkle-esque voice reminiscent of "fanmail from some flounder?!??"

Reaction Score
Congrats Sara! We had baby bruin #2 on July 2nd. My wife would not let me name him Kelly Faris either ;) 10lbs 10oz 22 3/4 inches. My wife also shot down Edrick Marcus Charles Cl..... or E=MC2 for the initials...she's a real buzz kill. She also shot down Auri Emma Cl. for our daughters name when she was born in 2011.

I have been peeking in but not posting much. In recent news, I was shocked to see Curt Miller resign at IU after the strides he made there in a short time. Still not sure why he left but whoever arrives will have a chance to do ok from the start.
So he was 3 months old when he was born?

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
;) 10lbs 10oz 22 3/4 inches So he was 3 months old when he was born?

Interesting concept. In Chinese culture, a baby is one-year old at birth. So would a child whose ancestry is 1/4 Chinese and 3/4 non-Chinese be considered 3 months at birth?

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I'm around just super busy with work and when I am not working I am too tired to do more than quickly browse over the thread topics and perk in now and again. With an occasional post.

The huge project I am on will start winding down after the first of the year. Sanity and more free time will be a welcome relief.

Hope you are feeling well and that the work stuff is not getting you down.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I'm sure my wife thought so. We knew he was big and she was induced 11 days early. We were expecting 9 plus not almost 11 pounds. At 3 1/2 weeks old now he is 12 pounds and wearing mostly 6 month clothing.
So he was 3 months old when he was born?

Reaction Score
I'm around just super busy with work and when I am not working I am too tired to do more than quickly browse over the thread topics and perk in now and again. With an occasional post.

The huge project I am on will start winding down after the first of the year. Sanity and more free time will be a welcome relief.
I have nothing to say that's even remotely connected with your post, just wanted to ask what was up with that new pic you have. I consider you our funniest poster. I hope I haven't unintentionally stepped in it...like I once did by asking an unpregnant woman when her baby was due. I hope I don't get a reply asking "What's so funny about my posts? I hope your "not with child friend" got in a really good slap. :mad:".

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats, Bruin! Your little one is off the charts. Does Chris Dailey know??

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Ummmm with him being a boy I'm guessing she doesn't care too much. However, my two and a half year old is 3 ft tall shoulders like mine and built like Kiah Stokes with the personality of Meghan Gardler.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ummmm with him being a boy I'm guessing she doesn't care too much. However, my two and a half year old is 3 ft tall shoulders like mine and built like Kiah Stokes with the personality of Meghan Gardler.
Can the 3-year-old hit the 3-pointer while rearranging a hair pin? That's a greatly undervalued skill.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm still around, although not as much this summer. Our company was begun by a man 15 years ago and he subsequently sold a portion of it to a holding company about 7 years ago. Beginning last November, the holding company was looking for a buyer for their portion (to cash in on the company's success) so I have been working mega-hours on due diligence, providing financials and other information to potential buyers. A sale finally went through on May 31 and I thought that we'd start to see daylight but, no. Now the new owners are shaking some things up and I'm doing all kinds of analyses - that's what I do, I'm a Financial Analyst. We just had a ginormous meeting last week with all the owners, the president, all VPs and directors so I was hoping that NOW things would calm down but, alas, all of the big shots want financial projections through 2017, by sales channel and in some cases, by product line.

AND - I'm running a comedy night fundraiser for the marching band that will happen next Saturday. I would post a link to the flyer but it has my phone number. Anyone wanting more info can email me at huskynan@yahoo.com or PM me.

AND - my youngest kid is in a drum & bugle corp (#2 nationally) that's currently touring throughout the Midwest. I was doing stuff for the corp while they were here in the Northeast but now they've moved on. I don't have a link to a video of this year's full performance, but here's a link to the drum line's performance for the individual competition. My son is brass, though, so he's not in the video. We're trying to find him a car, too, which has been very frustrating as well as time-consuming. Lots of rust buckets out there.

AND - I'm Treasurer, Quartermaster, and apparently Fundraising Chairwoman for the high school marching band. We don't stop doing stuff when the kids are out of school - that's when we start planning for the next season, which starts in 2 1/2 weeks with band camp.

AND - we're doing a college search for the youngest, who will be a senior this fall.

AND - I have a household to run. We did get Merry Maids once my work schedule became bananaramas and we will keep Merry Maids after my life gets back to normal because I have discovered that my life would be perfectly fine if I never washed another floor or scrubbed another toilet.

So, I do zoom through periodically but have left the heavy lifting to JS and Biff. I don't express my appreciation to them enough so I would like to do it publicly now. Thank you, guys, you are the best.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I'm still around, although not as much this summer. Our company was begun by a man 15 years ago and he subsequently sold a portion of it to a holding company about 7 years ago. Beginning last November, the holding company was looking for a buyer for their portion (to cash in on the company's success) so I have been working mega-hours on due diligence, providing financials and other information to potential buyers. A sale finally went through on May 31 and I thought that we'd start to see daylight but, no. Now the new owners are shaking some things up and I'm doing all kinds of analyses - that's what I do, I'm a Financial Analyst. We just had a ginormous meeting last week with all the owners, the president, all VPs and directors so I was hoping that NOW things would calm down but, alas, all of the big shots want financial projections through 2017, by sales channel and in some cases, by product line.

AND - I'm running a comedy night fundraiser for the marching band that will happen next Saturday. I would post a link to the flyer but it has my phone number. Anyone wanting more info can email me at huskynan@yahoo.com or PM me.

AND - my youngest kid is in a drum & bugle corp (#2 nationally) that's currently touring throughout the Midwest. I was doing stuff for the corp while they were here in the Northeast but now they've moved on. I don't have a link to a video of this year's full performance, but here's a link to the drum line's performance for the individual competition. My son is brass, though, so he's not in the video. We're trying to find him a car, too, which has been very frustrating as well as time-consuming. Lots of rust buckets out there.

AND - I'm Treasurer, Quartermaster, and apparently Fundraising Chairwoman for the high school marching band. We don't stop doing stuff when the kids are out of school - that's when we start planning for the next season, which starts in 2 1/2 weeks with band camp.

AND - we're doing a college search for the youngest, who will be a senior this fall.

AND - I have a household to run. We did get Merry Maids once my work schedule became bananaramas and we will keep Merry Maids after my life gets back to normal because I have discovered that my life would be perfectly fine if I never washed another floor or scrubbed another toilet.

So, I do zoom through periodically but have left the heavy lifting to JS and Biff. I don't express my appreciation to them enough so I would like to do it publicly now. Thank you, guys, you are the best.

Slacker....

Reaction Score
We decided to be surprised. I'm not a huge pink fan, so I figured if we found out it's a girl we would be inundated.

Best part is that the baby will be born in December, so I will have 12 weeks to stay home and watch UConn games on DVR while I'm up all night!
I have two sons, one born on Dec. 23. Both sons married women born in Dec. December birthdays are a super pain in the rear! Keep your legs tightly crossed and hope for early January ;-)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I work at a high school, so actually a December baby would be great, because I get a built-in two weeks off! And my husband says it would be good for taxes :)

Reaction Score
I have nothing to say that's even remotely connected with your post, just wanted to ask what was up with that new pic you have. I consider you our funniest poster. I hope I haven't unintentionally stepped in it...like I once did by asking an unpregnant woman when her baby was due. I hope I don't get a reply asking "What's so funny about my posts? I hope your "not with child friend" got in a really good slap. :mad:".
I am flattered! Truly I am! And many of my posts are meant to be humorous, so it is good to know I am somewhat successful.

When not exhausted from work I try to keep my "wit" about me. I try not to take life too seriously but it has been harder to do in the last year, and I have let myself become down right grumpy at times from the stress and overwork. Not to mention it has impacted my health. Still, I don't learn... I am posting this right now while taking a little break from the 7 hours of work I just put in before getting back to it. Yes, I do know it is Sunday. What doesn't kill me will make me stronger, right?

In answer to your question, the pic is "Weird Al" Yankovic, from his latest cd release "Mandatory Fun" - which was the Billboard #1 album last week, the first of his long career. When the stress starts to get to me, I throw on some "Weird Al" to help remind myself that there is a lot of humor in life, if you only pay attention and look out for it.

And for those concerned, all my health issues have been, for the most part, false alarms or at least nothing to be immediately concerned with, and I have to add this part so I don't commit a "Word Crime" by ending my sentence with a preposition. All but one are a direct result of stress - and that one (which I have kept private) is nothing of concern. Of course I am no fool. Eventually something WILL kill me. It is only a matter of time. If the stress doesn't kill me, something else will. :D

Reaction Score
I am flattered! Truly I am! And many of my posts are meant to be humorous, so it is good to know I am somewhat successful.

When not exhausted from work I try to keep my "wit" about me. I try not to take life too seriously but it has been harder to do in the last year, and I have let myself become down right grumpy at times from the stress and overwork. Not to mention it has impacted my health. Still, I don't learn... I am posting this right now while taking a little break from the 7 hours of work I just put in before getting back to it. Yes, I do know it is Sunday. What doesn't kill me will make me stronger, right?

In answer to your question, the pic is "Weird Al" Yankovic, from his latest cd release "Mandatory Fun" - which was the Billboard #1 album last week, the first of his long career. When the stress starts to get to me, I throw on some "Weird Al" to help remind myself that there is a lot of humor in life, if you only pay attention and look out for it.

And for those concerned, all my health issues have been, for the most part, false alarms or at least nothing to be immediately concerned with, and I have to add this part so I don't commit a "Word Crime" by ending my sentence with a preposition. All but one are a direct result of stress - and that one (which I have kept private) is nothing of concern. Of course I am no fool. Eventually something WILL kill me. It is only a matter of time. If the stress doesn't kill me, something else will. :D
Grumpy? You sound positively chirpy.

Reaction Score
I'm sure my wife thought so. We knew he was big and she was induced 11 days early. We were expecting 9 plus not almost 11 pounds. At 3 1/2 weeks old now he is 12 pounds and wearing mostly 6 month clothing.
Best wishes! Glad he's healthy.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

So glad to hear it. Your comment makes me think about my wife's chronic illness, which has put her onto disability (can't work for a variety of reasons) - but the best thing is, it ain't going to kill her! Generally not fatal (except in rare cases and not in the manifestation my wife has) and you end up looking like "the healthiest sick person anyone knows".

But your line about something eventually killing [us all] strikes a cord because that was actually our philosophical conclusion when she was finally diagnosed (like in your case, there were some scary possibilities before they figured it out).

In any case, stay well.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'm here! We just moved into a new house and are expecting a baby in a few months :) So I've been super busy. And my husband already said we can't name the baby Kelly Faris if it's a girl :( So I'm working on him.
Well I think you should be flexible. I mean Stephanie and Bria are nice names as well.

Reaction Score
I have two sons, one born on Dec. 23. Both sons married women born in Dec. December birthdays are a super pain in the rear! Keep your legs tightly crossed and hope for early January ;-)
I think I know only one thing about pregnant women. That is, the last thing they want to do is extend the pregnancy longer than necessary. :eek: Mothers out there feel free to correct me. :)

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Congrats Sara! We had baby bruin #2 on July 2nd. My wife would not let me name him Kelly Faris either ;) 10lbs 10oz 22 3/4 inches. My wife also shot down Edrick Marcus Charles Cl..... or E=MC2 for the initials...she's a real buzz kill. She also shot down Auri Emma Cl. for our daughters name when she was born in 2011.

I have been peeking in but not posting much. In recent news, I was shocked to see Curt Miller resign at IU after the strides he made there in a short time. Still not sure why he left but whoever arrives will have a chance to do ok from the start.
Congrats on the new addition Padre. Summer is an easier time for a new cub than Dec. when Sara is due! Life changes a lot when you have a 2nd (and 3rd too). You don't get to hand the kid off anymore and relax - both of you have to stay on duty!

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Thank you! Now that we have 2, I think we will stay in the man-to-man D, no 2 on 3 defense for us. Daddy needs to find a doctor! :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Did you run "Meyers" past her? It's a very nice name. :cool:

Congrats.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
AND - my youngest kid is in a drum & bugle corp (#2 nationally) that's currently touring throughout the Midwest. I was doing stuff for the corp while they were here in the Northeast but now they've moved on. I don't have a link to a video of this year's full performance, but here's a link to the drum line's performance for the individual competition. My son is brass, though, so he's not in the video.
Always thought it would have been fun to have done DCI back in the day. The Phantom Regiment wasn't too far from where I grew up. Best of luck to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom