People who don't post during the offseason | The Boneyard

People who don't post during the offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
A number of people ease up on posting during the offseason; I know I do. However, there are a few who seem to fall off the face of the earth.

Icebear-
I mean, the bloke has 175,683 posts. I'm sure I'd see one if it was recent. I haven't seen it.

Dobbs Rover- We're missing some quantitative analysis and accolades for Jeff Walz. Where'd he go???

Sarals24- If there's a FIBA tourney game, she'll probably post again, and failing that, she definitely will when the upcoming 2014-15 season kicks off. However, she's nowhere to be found now.

HuskyNan- I'm sure she's around and has a post or three somewhere- just a lot fewer.

The offseason- As far as I'm concerned it's still a #9 celebration party. The Boneyard is not a graveyard! :)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
One other frequent poster who seems to AWOL: DoggyDaddy.

Not to mention ally in the battle with Mike DiMauro DiggerFoot.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I, too have been wondering about the absence of some of the folks here - can only hope they are enjoying a wonderful summer but will be back soon....

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
The Boneyard generally is a different place in the offseason especially after a championship, and this year as noted is no exception.

There are times when this board particularly this summer appears to be more a general basketball forum and less a UConn centric forum.

Certainly the wit and wisdom of the posters you mention is missed. I miss them.

And of course one has to take into consideration the loss of 2 longtime and highly respected members of the boneyard this past year. The boneyard has within in it folks who over time have become very good friends on and off the forum, and these losses are felt keenly. The loss of these members as well as a few others who have faded away has changed the dynamics of the board as well.

Some people also feel some restraint with respect to what they post, something that's never been an issue before but with the influx of new posters certain sensibilities are being brought to the fore where once there was no issue. You can chalk that up to changing times. Is it a good thing? depends on who you ask.

I hope that we can recapture spirit of the bone yard as it once was once the season kicks off and these posters return. I certainly will welcome them with open arms...pens...? keyboards...? you know what I mean.

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I think some folks are just taking the summer to "relax", especially after Nan's early summer warning about the potential direction she was worried the BY was headed.

One of the greatest things about the Boneyard is that the UConn fans on the board are just that - devoted fans of their team, with little of the inter-fan nastiness that develops within some teams' fans (OTH, admittedly, there just aren't a lot of issues to generate much controversy between y'all).

And generally welcoming of us outsiders, especially those of us who don't have any interest in getting involved in controversy, just enjoy talking WBB with other fans.

That's the BY I have always enjoyed, and I too am looking forward to the return of the folks who have stepped away.

And yes, as someone who has been on the BY since TEmerey was asking for donations back in the day, I do miss those who are no longer with us, not only this year's losses, but those over the years who have either passed on, or slightly more happily, just moved on to other pursuits.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I'm here! We just moved into a new house and are expecting a baby in a few months :) So I've been super busy. And my husband already said we can't name the baby Kelly Faris if it's a girl :( So I'm working on him.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'm here! We just moved into a new house and are expecting a baby in a few months :) So I've been super busy. And my husband already said we can't name the baby Kelly Faris if it's a girl :( So I'm working on him.

Congratulations, Sara! I figured a child would follow after a successful relationship, an engagement, and a wedding. :)

I'm surprised you haven't found out the sex of the baby, as I did twice (the first time at 20 weeks, the second time at 18 weeks). But in any case, congratulations again!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
We decided to be surprised. I'm not a huge pink fan, so I figured if we found out it's a girl we would be inundated.

Best part is that the baby will be born in December, so I will have 12 weeks to stay home and watch UConn games on DVR while I'm up all night!

Reaction Score
I probably post more in the off season. That is when I research recruiting, transfers, and find out about injuries. From game # 1 until the end I am too excited to punch my keys.

BTW, does anyone know who has the 1st UCONN telecast ?...and when ?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Bah, fair weather fans!! :) Damn, I posted from the ICU on Monday night.

This is my chance to catch Icebear. I believe in quality over quantity, but I leave the quality to Alex et al.

I hope to report from Turkey in the fall, though my reports will pale in comparison to those of other eminent BYers.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'm enjoying the board right now
We decided to be surprised. I'm not a huge pink fan, so I figured if we found out it's a girl we would be inundated.

Best part is that the baby will be born in December, so I will have 12 weeks to stay home and watch UConn games on DVR while I'm up all night!
Sounds like a plan! My first was born in March 2008, and she watched basketball from infancy. The imagery of the bouncing orange ball was interesting to her. Of course, now she's a UConn WBB fan. :)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Icebear was last spotted in Churchill, Alaska migrating North to the polar ice caps to hunt seals. :D

I'll let you know. I am heading west - well, ok, to PA, to visit Icebear and maybe sing a few tunes at his church. If he is not there, I don't know who will pay for the beer...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

Congratulations! Looking forward to the announcement and stats, need to know if we have a UConn Husky in the making!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I think some folks are just taking the summer to "relax", especially after Nan's early summer warning about the potential direction she was worried the BY was headed.

One of the greatest things about the Boneyard is that the UConn fans on the board are just that - devoted fans of their team, with little of the inter-fan nastiness that develops within some teams' fans (OTH, admittedly, there just aren't a lot of issues to generate much controversy between y'all).

And generally welcoming of us outsiders, especially those of us who don't have any interest in getting involved in controversy, just enjoy talking WBB with other fans.

That's the BY I have always enjoyed, and I too am looking forward to the return of the folks who have stepped away.

And yes, as someone who has been on the BY since TEmerey was asking for donations back in the day, I do miss those who are no longer with us, not only this year's losses, but those over the years who have either passed on, or slightly more happily, just moved on to other pursuits.

I don't know how, but I must have missed Nan's warning - I don't know what happened, but that explains the change in the atmosphere here I guess. I didn't notice anything amiss other than the missing colleagues until I observed that the board had more threads about other teams on my first page than it had UConn. Kind of a scary moment.

And I am not knocking our posters from other teams, Knight, especially the long timers, not at all.
I just see what I see.

At any rate, summertime is usually slow at the 'yard, with periodic spurts of news from recruiting, the WNBA or USA Basketball. Threads tend to get a bit repetitive and there are fewer of them. I do miss the spontaneity, the silly wit, and wisdom, though. I hope that the others return and if you are reading this thread right now, know that you are missed.

How many more days?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't know how, but I must have missed Nan's warning - I don't know what happened, but that explains the change in the atmosphere here I guess. I didn't notice anything amiss other than the missing colleagues until I observed that the board had more threads about other teams on my first page than it had UConn. Kind of a scary moment.

And I am not knocking our posters from other teams, Knight, especially the long timers, not at all.
I just see what I see.

At any rate, summertime is usually slow at the 'yard, with periodic spurts of news from recruiting, the WNBA or USA Basketball. Threads tend to get a bit repetitive and there are fewer of them. I do miss the spontaneity, the silly wit, and wisdom, though. I hope that the others return and if you are reading this thread right now, know that you are missed.

How many more days?
I actually enjoy our posters from other teams. I wish we had more UNC posters as well as UCLA, USC, and the Stanford friends we had seem to have disappeared. I'm glad to see the folks from Baylor and Duke regularly contribute. Much as I hate Tennessee, I can't find a single thing wrong with what any of our Tennessee visitors have had to say. ;)

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Congrats Sara! We had baby bruin #2 on July 2nd. My wife would not let me name him Kelly Faris either ;) 10lbs 10oz 22 3/4 inches. My wife also shot down Edrick Marcus Charles Cl..... or E=MC2 for the initials...she's a real buzz kill. She also shot down Auri Emma Cl...... for our daughters name when she was born in 2011.

I have been peeking in but not posting much. In recent news, I was shocked to see Curt Miller resign at IU after the strides he made there in a short time. Still not sure why he left but whoever arrives will have a chance to do ok from the start.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score

Congrats. Would it help if we start a petition drive on behalf of your daughter's name (if it is a daughter, of course)? Will he at least accept Kelly?

cabbie191

Reaction Score
Sounds like a plan! My first was born in March 2008, and she watched basketball from infancy. The imagery of the bouncing orange ball was interesting to her. Of course, now she's a UConn WBB fan. :)

My oldest was born on opening day of the 1985 NFL season; I know her eyes couldn't focus on the screen but the television was tuned to the Packers - Patriots game. My wife's a big Packers' fan - her family has season tickets. Not to worry - the good guys won 26 - 20. And now that kid is grown up and married to an upstate New York guy and sports Buffalo Bill colors.

cabbie191

Reaction Score
I actually enjoy our posters from other teams. I wish we had more UNC posters as well as UCLA, USC, and the Stanford friends we had seem to have disappeared. I'm glad to see the folks from Baylor and Duke regularly contribute. Much as I hate Tennessee, I can't find a single thing wrong with what any of our Tennessee visitors have had to say. ;)

Let's not forget that we have some nice posters from Rutgers, too.

Reaction Score
I'm around just super busy with work and when I am not working I am too tired to do more than quickly browse over the thread topics and perk in now and again. With an occasional post.

The huge project I am on will start winding down after the first of the year. Sanity and more free time will be a welcome relief.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
He said we could get a dog and name it Kelly Faris Shane Battier (he's a Dukie). The only dog I would feel right about naming that would be a Husky, wand it would be so cruel to own a Husky in Texas!

His last name starts with K and is very similar to "Kapowski", so our kid's name would be too similar to Kelly Kapowski from Saved By The Bell.

JS

Reaction Score
Much as I hate Tennessee, I can't find a single thing wrong with what any of our Tennessee visitors have had to say. ;)
You could always blame them for the continual slurs on coach Auriemma that get thrown against the wall on their home board, even though none of it ever sticks.

027.JPG

No, wait, I guess we decided that wouldn't be fair.

None of them appears to be a jealous moron engaged in a long-running but glaringly delusional attempt at negative recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom