Penny Dreadful | The Boneyard

Penny Dreadful

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed this show.

Apparently, no one else did.

They showed two episodes Sunday night and then announced yesterday that those episodes were the season and series finale - really a strange, strange way for Showtime to end things.

I'm putting Penny Dreadful with Deadwood, John from Cincinnati and True Detective in my file of shows that had no business with a shorter run than Treme.

God, I hated Treme.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My wife loved the show and just watched two episodes back to back and commented that season 3 didn't really connect like the first two seasons. I found it to be a tough watch.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My wife loved the show and just watched two episodes back to back and commented that season 3 didn't really connect like the first two seasons. I found it to be a tough watch.

The first season was the rough one; two and three were brilliant. (They also wrapped it up a little messily, but I'm sure that's because they knew they were getting canceled.)

You're either going to like it or hate it - good reasons for both, I think.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed this show.

Apparently, no one else did.

They showed two episodes Sunday night and then announced yesterday that those episodes were the season and series finale - really a strange, strange way for Showtime to end things.

I'm putting Penny Dreadful with Deadwood, John from Cincinnati and True Detective in my file of shows that had no business with a shorter run than Treme.

God, I hated Treme.

Deadwood was fantastic. It did last 2-3 seasons though. How can anyone not love Al as a character.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Out of the shows mentioned I saw the first season of True Detective. Nothing can possibly explain Treme. That show was horrific.

Reaction Score
I was bummed when I heard they were not going forward with season 4. Good show. Took me a good chunk of season 1 to get into it, but really liked the seasons 2 & 3.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Out of the shows mentioned I saw the first season of True Detective. Nothing can possibly explain Treme. That show was horrific.

Don't watch season two of True Detective unless you want to see moments like Vince Vaughn drinking coffee in an effort to convey that he is a man drinking coffee and still somehow managing to fail. It's straight amazing.

Season one of Penny Dreadful began well, but the second half of it was tough at times. Season two and season three were very, very good - it's not a "here's a zombie, turn your brain off for next hour" show, but it's worth the effort.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom