Penn State Math? | The Boneyard

Penn State Math?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am sure the Nits are limited to 20 schollies under the revised penlties handed down by the NCAA. They show 23 coming in and are still after Vandy kids (and others). What am I missing?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
You are missing the axe Franklin will be wielding.

Reaction Score
So much for the HONOR he preached when he landed in Nashville 3 years ago. Be interested to see who does not make cut.

Reaction Score
So much for the HONOR he preached when he landed in Nashville 3 years ago. Be interested to see who does not make cut.
Isn't it funny how there seems to be a lack of consistency, and integrity, in his message from when he arrived at Vanderbilt til now when he's arrived at PSU?? I just lost a lot of respect for this guy!

Reaction Score
I assume that you have to factor in some kids that are transferring/leaving the program, but the rate of exodus from Vandy's class makes me believe there will be a few kids that once had scholies get those rescinded or choose to go elsewhere. One small thing I picked up on, Chasz Wright decommitted from us and then signed to Penn State. At that point he was one of two Oline in that class. Another tackle named Brendan Brosnan decommitted from Vandy and committed to Penn State yesterday, so that'll be 3 tackles in this class and one a Franklin flip. Maybe we can swing him back to us even though he seems to have committed to the school and not the coach.

Reaction Score
DCUconnfan said:
I assume that you have to factor in some kids that are transferring/leaving the program, but the rate of exodus from Vandy's class makes me believe there will be a few kids that once had scholies get those rescinded or choose to go elsewhere. One small thing I picked up on, Chasz Wright decommitted from us and then signed to Penn State. At that point he was one of two Oline in that class. Another tackle named Brendan Brosnan decommitted from Vandy and committed to Penn State yesterday, so that'll be 3 tackles in this class and one a Franklin flip. Maybe we can swing him back to us even though he seems to have committed to the school and not the coach.
I would guess that the only way he leaves PSU in the rear view mirror, is if Franklin makes it clear to him that he will have a significant challenge finding playing time with him as coach.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know that I feel too strongly about players that choose to follow Franklin to PSU, they're following the coach that recruited them. I think the real in this situation is Franklin for telling some kid that he doesn't have a spot at PennState and they have one or two weeks to remake what's probably the most important decision of their life.

Reaction Score
When Franklin took over at Vanderbilt, several of there important recruits were questioning whether they should stay or look elsewhere. The specifics were referenced on earlier on the BY, though I couldn't find the dialogue. The key, however, was the way Franklin approached those recruits. He basically made them feel guilty for not "honoring" the commitment they made to the university, Vandebilt. This was even though the HC who recruited them and almost all of his staff were no longer there. Now he moves on from Vanderbilt and is asking most of the recruits to leave the place they committed to and to not honor the commitment they made. Instead, "follow me" he says. I'm sorry, but to me this is a double standard.

pj

Reaction Score
I would guess that the only way he leaves PSU in the rear view mirror, is if Franklin makes it clear to him that he will have a significant challenge finding playing time with him as coach.

I believe Chasz Wright is already enrolled at PSU. Too late for him.

Reaction Score
I don't know that I feel too strongly about players that choose to follow Franklin to PSU, they're following the coach that recruited them. I think the real in this situation is Franklin for telling some kid that he doesn't have a spot at PennState and they have one or two weeks to remake what's probably the most important decision of their life.

Penn State is losing kids. Latest is a 4/5 star from Brooklyn now going to Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom