Peach Jam | The Boneyard

Peach Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Peach Jam tourney is on in S. Carolina and every high major has reps or head coaches there for it. Ollie and Ricky apparently there watching Diallo.

Diallo showing his jump shot.

Reaction Score
Big man Bamba had a huge game and is apparently being leg humped by Duke and Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Simi Shittu 2018 is a player. Very active and handled the ball smoothly off of rebounds. Covers a lot of ground with out of area play. First time I have seen him. #14 for team. My connection had some herky jerky buffering but has been nice to see some of these games streaming, and switch which court to watch.

Reaction Score
ive heard from people that bamba is high ollie, i'm eyeing him as a key commit from 2017. frankly i'm a little worried about a lack of a commit and its peachjam already, surprised mal or diallo haven't budged. every year since like 2013 we've been getting guys before july so this class might not be that great...

Reaction Score
ive heard from people that bamba is high ollie, i'm eyeing him as a key commit from 2017. frankly i'm a little worried about a lack of a commit and its peachjam already, surprised mal or diallo haven't budged. every year since like 2013 we've been getting guys before july so this class might not be that great...

If you look through the top 100 there really aren't that many commits overall.

Reaction Score

That would be quite the coup to get Bamba. People have been talking he's a Duke lean... but who knows.

Oz said he would update w/ info on HamD over peach jam weekend, so we'll know more soon, but he has been VERY confident in the past, and he's the only guy really plugged into the source.

I think it's probably 50/50 us or Providence with MAL.

We're also after Beatty, DJ Harvey, Nick Richards and Ikey Obiagu pretty hard, and considered in the sweepstakes still as far as I know.

I think we're in a good place with recruiting, but that's just my opinion. Higher ranked kids aren't committing yet in this class, for whatever reason. Too many kids skipping around in the past, maybe. Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas don't have any commits either--UNC might have that one local kid, but I forgot his name.

Reaction Score
@Ricker 2018 Simi Shittu with 14 pts, 14 rebounds, 4 assists and 5 blocks in that game. I just checked the box score. He's definitely a player as you say!

Reaction Score
Was KO and co. at the Nick Richards, DJ Harvey, Jermaine Samuels, Tremont Waters game? I'm not seeing anything in the twitterverse

Reaction Score
Was KO and co. at the Nick Richards, DJ Harvey, Jermaine Samuels, Tremont Waters game? I'm not seeing anything in the twitterverse
Don't know. I can't tell from the live game feed the closeups haven't been close enough to tell the coaches apart. Given our interest however I would be shocked if we didn't have some representation at that game.

Reaction Score
@husky429 yep i think ikey is a likely commit, a class of him, diallo, bamba, and MAl would be crazy. I know killings was recruiting ikey actively at temple
I would be shocked if Bamba came here. He holds like 25 D1 offers including all the big ones KU, UK, Duke, UNC, Arizona, Nova, MD, Texas, Indiana..... I think he's looking at the NBA in one year and has an idea of who he thinks will get him there. I'm guessing Duke gets him. Although I read somewhere he is intrigued with Harvard.

Reaction Score
3 on TOS just confirmed KO was watching the game. With Richards and Harvey.

Ike has fallen a little bit in rankings bc of some lack of offensive development right? Hate to say it, but that probably makes him a better target since the UK Dukes of the world may not call so much. I remember hearing he was the most natural shot blocker to come through the ranks since Nerlens Noel (I think). Might be an amida type with a little bit more meat on the bones?

Seems to me like we're going after a big, wing, and a PG.

Big: obiagu, Richards, Bamba
wing: Harvey, Diallo, that new offer Wilkes?
PG: MAL, Quade Green

Also Beatty and a couple stray offers, probably with kids who have shown interest. any top100 type guys I'm missing?

One of each would be an AWESOME class, especially since we have our rotation type guys set with the extra bodies in the 2016 class.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Might be an amida type with a little bit more meat on the bones?
That's exactly who he is -- amazing finisher on lobs & put-backs, amazing shot-blocker, decent at best as a rebounder & post defender, bad hands and only okay balance. No post game to speak of.

I think he'll be better than Amida b/c he's stronger and has better balance. But he's nowhere near a finished product.

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if Bamba came here. He holds like 25 D1 offers including all the big ones KU, UK, Duke, UNC, Arizona, Nova, MD, Texas, Indiana..... I think he's looking at the NBA in one year and has an idea of who he thinks will get him there. I'm guessing Duke gets him. Although I read somewhere he is intrigued with Harvard.

just what i heard. there is bamba buzz, nearly on the same level as diallo. but i wont get too excited about either.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Based on what I've been told, I'd expect a class of:

Beatty
Richards
Harvey

Things could change, but talk of a weak class is really premature. The only reason I didn't include Diallo, even though we think we still lead, is the intense competition.

Reaction Score

Beatty
Richards
Harvey

Things could change, but talk of a weak class is really premature. The only reason I didn't include Diallo, even though we think we still lead, is the intense competition.
How confident are you about harvey?

Reaction Score

Beatty
Richards
Harvey

what about MAL? I would think another ball handler can't hurt especially if Jalen bounces after this year.

Reaction Score

Beatty
Richards
Harvey

I like how we all predict different class hauls, but they're all pretty damned good. And to be fair, my guess was made up out of thin air and based more on hairstyle approval than basketball skills. but you two seem to have sources so that's good to hear.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Thanks to all for the input on recruiting updates. Things have been kind of slow and this adds some offseason excitement.
Very exciting with all the possibilities especially after the great recruiting year of 2016. Go KO and Co.!

Reaction Score
what about MAL? I would think another ball handler can't hurt especially if Jalen bounces after this year.

I am hearing pc leads with MAL. Rumor is he wants to start his 1st year and that might not be the case at uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom