Paul Scruggs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paul Scruggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone that would rather have, if a choice had to be made, Scruggs over MAL?

I think it's a tough one on who'd I prefer but ultimately I prefer the guy who wants to be a Husky now.

Me too. Whoever has more toes in.

Reaction Score
Paul Scruggs visits UConn, planning Michigan State, Indiana trips

"The visit went very well," Mike Peterson, Scrugg's AAU coach, told SNY.tv. "It was our first time out to UConn, it was a very impressive trip. [Coach Kevin] Ollie does a great job, I don't see UConn spiraling downward at all in terms of getting top players and top talent. He does a great job, that's a really good dude. He leaves a lasting impression on recruits, that's for sure."

UConn also hosted 6-9 DeMatha Catholic (Md.) center Josh Carlton, and he and Scruggs spent time together.

"We had dinner and breakfast with him and hung out," Peterson said. "He's definitely a big kid."

Reaction Score
He apparently cancelled his trip to Illinois. I don't know if that was posted on here earlier and I missed it, but saw an article from 2 hours ago that said he did. Also said UConn's distance from his home could be a negative, not that we're so far.

Reaction Score
He apparently cancelled his trip to Illinois. I don't know if that was posted on here earlier and I missed it, but saw an article from 2 hours ago that said he did. Also said UConn's distance from his home could be a negative, not that we're so far.
Paul Scruggs completes second official visit, cuts Big Ten school

“UConn is a great institution and Paul really liked the place,” said Mike Peterson, who took the visit with Scruggs and is his coach with the grassroots Indy Hoosiers program. “UConn has a top-notch point guard (Alterique Gilbert) and (coach Kevin) Ollie said he needs a big guard like Paul that can play either guard position. We know Ollie has played it at the highest level and could help Paul’s maturation.”

The distance from home could be a potential negative in UConn’s recruitment of Scruggs.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That's the type of thing I read too much into.

Reaction Score
Snow thinks he's Xavier bound
He has followed their entire team and staff on Twitter. Only team he's done that for.

It's still great that we got a visit. If he ever needs a change down the road and we are a good fit, maybe the connection he made with KO could make something happen to benefit both sides. With a charismatic coach like Ollie, I'll gladly take any official visit.

Reaction Score
I dont really see how scruggs fits with MAL, forget MAL+ Hami+ Scruggs, but ...

53ae44a3552229814206def5de7a2dbc62a8a5d7e8cea1d1a62927b6d9093244.jpg

Reaction Score
He has followed their entire team and staff on Twitter. Only team he's done that for.

It's still great that we got a visit. If he ever needs a change down the road and we are a good fit, maybe the connection he made with KO could make something happen to benefit both sides. With a charismatic coach like Ollie, I'll gladly take any official visit.

I would have said your premise was silly 2-3 years ago, but with Purvis and Larrier coming our way after stints at other schools, it has merit.

Ollie makes a great impression and when you make a bad decision, you seek the safe option. KO and UConn offer a safe option for kids we missed on that eventually need to transfer. Building a pipeline is what it's all about. All these offers and visits build a diverse pipeline long term that doesn't hinge entirely on freshmen.

Reaction Score
Looks like Indiana may be off his list per some analysts. May come down to Xavier and Uconn, Ucla is in the mix

Please help a brother out. Which reporter saying this? I am feuding with some IU fans on tos who are asssss clowns

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Looks like Indiana may be off his list per some analysts. May come down to Xavier and Uconn, Ucla is in the mix

Some renewed hope? Would love to get this kid. On Verbal Commits, Xavier listed as having, yes, verbal commits from 2 SG's for next year, plus a 4-star PG freshman this year. May be less crowded at PG, hard to tell. They have a 6'6" redshirt soph PG as well.

C

Chief00

Have a good feeling on Scruggs. Right now just a feeling - but picking that prep school is unlikely a coincidence just as UConn gets involved.

Reaction Score
Have a good feeling on Scruggs. Right now just a feeling - but picking that prep school is unlikely a coincidence just as UConn gets involved.
So now your predicting mal and Scruggs?

Reaction Score
indiana fanbase is a mess, they are losing it that scruggs doesn't want to play hs in the sacred land of indy over on tos. not to mention half want crean gone while the other stick by his mediocre tenure at a 'blue blood'.

I really like the idea of scruggs and wilkes as a consolation prize if hami is unavailable due to going straight to the league or uk, KO will just have to beat out X + UCLA.

Reaction Score
You need some shooters. Not everyone has to be able to drain the three but a couple is nice. I think the best combo we could land for guards/wings would be Waters, Scruggs and Diallo. They would co-exist nicely. Very complimentary.

Reaction Score
Just imagine landing Mal pg, Scruggs sg and Diallo sf.

Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69