Paul Scruggs | The Boneyard

Paul Scruggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Indy Hoosiers are loaded and as the tweet says, he's teammates with Wilkes.

Scruggs is a 6'3 wing converted to PG now. Consensus 4 star, 247 5 star and crystal ball has him as an Xavier lean. Not many northeast schools recruiting him.

Pros: Strong, fast, explosive, good on ball defender, can play above rim and absorb contact (57% at the rim), has good size and length (6'3, 6'10 wingspan)

Cons: Sub par shooter at the moment, more of a CG than a PG (unselfish but not an innate passer)

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Scruggs is a 6'3 wing converted to PG now. Consensus 4 star, 247 5 star and crystal ball has him as an Xavier lean. Not many northeast schools recruiting him.

Pros: Strong, fast, explosive, good on ball defender, can play above rim and absorb contact (57% at the rim), has good size and length (6'3, 6'10 wingspan)

Cons: Sub par shooter at the moment, more of a CG than a PG (unselfish but not an innate passer)

The "pro's" are great and sure outweigh the "cons". At 1:35 he makes a nice finish with the left hand which is always a good sign. Looks really physical and 6-10 wingspan ( another rebounding guard!). Every time I see these videos and am impressed I think of the young man in a "UConn with KO" environment and I start to think of the potential for them. Very exciting group of players getting offers for each recruiting class.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of "CG's" or "2G's" who can't shoot or are "subpar" shooters. But who knows, certainly tough and athletic.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

The "pro's" are great and sure outweigh the "cons". At 1:35 he makes a nice finish with the left hand which is always a good sign. Looks really physical and 6-10 wingspan ( another rebounding guard!). Every time I see these videos and am impressed I think of the young man in a "UConn with KO" environment and I start to think of the potential for them. Very exciting group of players getting offers for each recruiting class.

Reaction Score

This looks so familiar?:oops:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not super optimistic given how late we jumped in, but to beat out Izzo for this kid would be a really nice feather in Ollie's cap.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
How good is this kid? Anyone know much about him? I saw he was ranked higher than MAL or Tremont. On videos he looks very strong driving to the hoop and shows good vision. Seems to have good hands and makes jumpshots (on a highlight video). I wonder how good of a shooter he is as it is hard to tell from these videos.

Reaction Score
The new offer every day is really starting to scare me.

A live period just ended, this really shouldn't be surprising, and Scruggs was offered 2 weeks ago and has a visit scheduled, why be scared about that?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Going after guard after guard makes me think MAL, Waters, Hami, Beatty are not close to solid. Hope it is just my anxiety and the lack of a verbal beginning August.

Reaction Score
I'm close to 100% sure we get one of MAL and Waters, let alone Scruggs who will now take an official to UConn. Scruggs may be the best out of all three, and given MAL's tendency to be a scoring PG, he and Scruggs could actually coexist perfectly in a 2 PG system like ours. No reason to be anything but excited with this news.

Reaction Score
Saw one interview where he had Washington standing out too. Recruiting is very fluid isn't it?

Reaction Score
Visiting the first weekend back for all students. Always is a wild weekend. Certainly going to have a good impact on his visit.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Coach Killings connection again

Good to see you back here tcf, feels like you have been much less active lately, not that I'm complaining (jk we need you bro).

Reaction Score
Any sightings yet? Any word on when Scruggs'll get to campus?

If Scruggs surprisingly commits after this weekend's visit, do you think Wilkes eventually commits too?

Reaction Score
Just watched his highlight vid.. he pushes the basketball... solid fit for us offensively... his J is smooth from behind the 3 point line.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I like this kid. Is he backup plan to MAL? I like his game. He's got prototypical size for a PG. Would love to see him in blue.

Reaction Score
I like him too, but not holding my breath on a commit. If I had to guess, i'd say he's staying local.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom