Patriots, am I the only one... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Patriots, am I the only one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did amy one read the quote I posted from the wallstreet journal reporter?? Non of the nfl head coaches think this is a big deal at all. Its like a plyer in the nba taking two steps and then using a jump stop. It's technically 4 steps and the rules say a travel is more than 2. Yet in modern day basketball players take 3-4 steps all the time.

That's b/c they're pissed off they didn't think of it first, and don't want the NFL to change the rules before they can start doing it next season. :)

Reaction Score
If anyone is upset because the Pats wanted footballs inflated below league rules you must be equally upset that another team would want balls overinflated. The claim isn't whether or not the PSI gives you an advantage, it's that you're breaking the rules.

Wanting to overinflate and actually deflating are two different things.

Reaction Score
Well, believe it or not, I've done my own experiment, and a regulation football vs. 2lbs PSI under inflated? Nobody stripping the underinflated ball out of my hand.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I heard on radio this am Mark Brunnel was given 3 different psi footballs to throw and properly identified each one only by throwing it...if that mean anything.

I couldnt find a link.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Well, believe it or not, I've done my own experiment, and a regulation football vs. 2lbs PSI under inflated? Nobody stripping the underinflated ball out of my hand.
Of course you were the only person in the room so....

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
So Troy Aikman disagrees with my thought on level of punishment... he's saying deflating the ball is giving them an advantage and the punishment should be MORE than BountyGate.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So Troy Aikman disagrees with my thought on level of punishment... he's saying deflating the ball is giving them an advantage and the punishment should be MORE than BountyGate.
How exactly did it give them an advantage? They played much better in the second half with the properly inflated balls. In fact if anything, I think the Pats felt sorry for the Colts and tried in the first half to make it fairer for the Colts. See what happened in the second half when they inflated the balls? Should have left them deflated, would have been a closer game.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter whether or not the advantage was gained. The rule was broken and they wouldn't have broken the rule if they didn't think it would give them an advantage.

I can't believe people are still arguing about the fact they would have won anyway.

That's like arguing that if a school gives $20k to a recruit, they shouldn't be punished if that kid would have committed to that school anyway.

Reaction Score
If Brady wants the ball at 12.5 psi it was a disadvantage for the lower psi. Maybe that is why he went 9-9 when he got the deflated ball in the third qtr. cant't believe Brunell on everything he says. He also said he like his balls at 13 psi. Why not 12.5 if the lower psi was better to grip. Brunell has an agenda.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
If Brady wants the ball at 12.5 psi it was a disadvantage for the lower psi. Maybe that is why he went 9-9 when he got the deflated ball in the third qtr. cant't believe Brunell on everything he says. He also said he like his balls at 13 psi. Why not 12.5 if the lower psi was better to grip. Brunell has an agenda.
What's Brunnels agenda? Just curious.

Reaction Score
Brunell has an agenda, but Brady, Belichick, and the Patriots organization doesn't.

Right.

Reaction Score
It's got nothing to do with the Colts. No one thinks the Colts would have won, but there are rules in place and that Pats broke one. There should be a penalty, and then we should all move on.
No one knows if they actually "broke" anything. But sure, let's light the bonfires now.

Reaction Score
Perhaps... Brady's mistake was going too far in slapping the rule book in the Ravens' face after Belichek made Harbaugh look bad. Game balls were submitted to his liking, on the soft side just like Rogers tries to do but on the hard side. Refs approved them by feel without using a gauge. During a closely contested first half , Harbaugh makes a call knowing what kind of balls the Pats like to use(to the NFL or Colts). NFL responds by making a proper check, finds the balls underinflated, re-inflates to proper pressure then the Pats come out and destroy the Colts. Don't hear much from the Colts because they get blown out using properly inflated balls.
Harbaugh is sitting back and really enjoying watching everyone on the Pats squirm. Pats get fined 25k for using underinflated
balls, no proof is found that anyone deflated the balls after their initial approval and the NFL looks bad for not properly checking their pressure. Relationships are cemented in contempt. Move on.

Reaction Score
No one knows if they actually "broke" anything. But sure, let's light the bonfires now.

Stop. There are no bonfires being lit, outside of a few Pats fans that seem to feel so offended about this. God allmighty, they got caught doing what half the league probably does. Take the hit, move on and worry about something important, like the Super Bowl. Good lord if you don't like being scrutinized pull for some losing team. No one cares about anything they do. I just can't understand getting so riled up about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom