Pasqualoni Talks To The Press | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni Talks To The Press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault43m
Paul Pasqualoni said this weekend will be the first football weekend since 1964 he hasn't played or coached. Wow.

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault42m
PP said he had readied Tim Boyle for playing time last week. Thinks TJ Weist will go that direction.

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault39m
Say what you want about PP, but it was classy of him to take questions.

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault38m
PP balked a bit when asked if he felt the administration had been supportive of him. Said Prez Herbst was, didn't mention Manuel.

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault36m
PP: "I would have loved the opportunity to take a shot at the rest of the season. It didn't work out that way."

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault28m
PP: "We had some really good Saturdays together. We just didn't have enough good Saturdays."

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault26m
PP has his sense of humor. Asked what he'd do next: "I might go down and see if South Windsor needs and 8th grade coach."

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault18m
PP: "I'll be rooting for those coaches and I'll be rooting for those kids. I want to see them do well."

Reaction Score
He's all class. I would have liked to see him let GDL go and try to modernize some. Unfortunately, he couldn't do it.

I hope he's treated well by fans in the future. He's a good guy and a good friend for UConn to have.

Reaction Score
It does make me somewhat sad to see him go. The guy really appears to be a class act. Its hard parting ways with good people.

I wouldn't say it makes me sad, but he is definitely a class guy. I am interested to see his next stop. NFL assistant?

Reaction Score
I dislike seeing bad things happen to good people. Seeing that makes me feel for them. It doesnt mean that it was the wrong decision, just something that had to be done.

Reaction Score
He's all class. I would have liked to see him let GDL go and try to modernize some. Unfortunately, he couldn't do it.

I hope he's treated well by fans in the future. He's a good guy and a good friend for UConn to have.

You could make the case that this single act could have made a world of difference for PP. Not that he was a brilliant coach, or even a real god one, but you can't help but think what kind of difference it could have made to have Foley working with the OL this past summer, instead of GDL. It was so obvious to everyone that having GDL stay on the staff, in whatever role it may have been, was just a terrible decision. Unfortunately, as you say, PP just couldn't bring himself to cut ties with BFF. And in the end... it cost him his job.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Perhaps we'll one day stumble into the Vic House and he'll be there holding up the bar and we'll be invited to have a beer with him.

Reaction Score
My parent's are friends with the Pasqualoni's. They pretty much think he is the greatest guy in the world. I tend to believe them.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
PP is a class guy. Hands down, no question. The guy is simply one of the real class guys in college football. I've met him a couple of times and he takes time to talk to fans, actually cares, and listens. It didn't work out here at Connecticut, and I honestly belive that the college game passed him by. The fact that he did take the time to have a conf call with media tonight after being fired this morning says a lot about his character and I wish him the best in the future.

Reaction Score
At his age, maybe it's time P dedicate time to his kids. He does have young kid right? It's not 1998, anymore and P still coaches like,it is. Watching Buffalo load up to stop the run was comical. They did it not because our running game is a threat, but because they knew we were going to run on first and second down early in the game irregardless if results.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Don't buy his classy old man act. I will remember the "I'm still having fun" and the "its not my first rodeo". He should have never been hired.

You got it right. Inflicting GDL on team for almost 3 years shows no class.

Reaction Score
Paul's down fall is his blind loyalty to a complete . He let Rasputin have too much influence and never recognized the cancer he was. It's how nice guys finish last. They trust the wrong folks and are bamboozled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom