Pasqualoni new DL Coach at BC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni new DL Coach at BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does Farrell think that BC has a Division I level of talent on his team? Awwww. That's precious.
Who knows, but Farrell's likely still jones-ing for bcu due to growing up in Bill Romanowski's hometown. Strange enough, but no way Farrell's ill feelings toward UConn are still influenced by flunking out.

Reaction Score
It's going to be embarrassing for Paul when BC plays UConn. Not only was he fired by UConn, he is a low-level defense coach coaching against Diaco -- who was a prominent defensive coach at ND. Paul should have tried for a non-coaching job somewhere in athletic administration --- maybe for a Division 3 school until he retires altogether.

Or it could be really embarrassing for Diaco. After all, even in PP's subpar 2.5 years at UConn he at least had 5 wins over current P5 opponents. Diaco has ZERO in almost the same time frame. :)

Reaction Score
You actually have to win a conference game in order to be considered a D1 school. How many did you guys win last year? While we are at it what is your BCS Bowl record?

Thank you for your interest in coach frozen snot PP.

How many times has UConn ever finished in the top 25?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Out of curiosity, what are you expecting from us? Agreement? "Woah you're so much better than we are, we aren't worthy"?

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
Or it could be really embarrassing for Diaco. After all, even in PP's subpar 2.5 years at UConn he at least had 5 wins over current P5 opponents. Diaco has ZERO in almost the same time frame. :)

There is nothing wrong with PP. In fact he's perfect for your program. Enjoy....

Reaction Score
Can someone give me summary of UConn's experience with PP? I know those were bad years, but what's the gripe? After all, after leaving UConn it's not like the guy's career faded into oblivion. He's been coaching DL in the NFL for the last three years. Seems qualified to coach DL at BC. Especially considering BC has NFL-quality talent on the DL right now.

Five minutes after UConn hired PP a high school friend and Syracuse alumni texted me, 'Doomed, LOL' He was right.

Reaction Score
Interestingly enough - there are no CT kids for BC's 2016 Commits.

The perceived/actual Cheshire Academy connection would be important as CA's 2017 team is loaded!

PP and Addazio coached at Cheshire High, not Cheshire Academy. I don't think the Academy even had a football program back in the '90's or earlier; but, they did have one heck of a basketball team.

Reaction Score

Really? You come and visit this board being 0 for a million in conference play and post ? You are one dim mother f'r.

PP is fine as a DL coach btw.

Reaction Score
PP and Addazio coached at Cheshire High, not Cheshire Academy. I don't think the Academy even had a football program back in the '90's or earlier; but, they did have one heck of a basketball team.

Yes, I'm aware of that - I didn't say they coached @ Cheshire Academy, I simply pointed out that they have a relationship w/ the current coaching staff @ CA. Cheshire Academy has had varsity football for all long as I can remember and I'm in my 50's.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

What a stupid pointless stat.

Reaction Score
Has PP joined the Boneyard and is now known as Tusky? Or could the post be from one of the half-dozen third-rate high school football coaches in Connecticut who still view PP as the greatest thing to hit football coaching since Lombardi? There is no question in my mind UConn would be in a P5 conference if PP had not destroyed an excellent football program. I believe he did the same at Syracuse. He may have reminded some of the players of their fathers or grandfathers, but he never should have been hired by UConn in the first place. My only real gripe with Warde Manuel is that he didn't fire PP in his first year as FB coach. No matter how nice the guy is, understand PP was the reason for UConn's terrible performance for years. It came close to being the worst ranked FBS football program in the nation.

Reaction Score
Cheshire Academy has had varsity football for all long as I can remember and I'm in my 50's.
Likely, but Cheshire Academy recently appears to have enhanced recruiting higher quality 4 year and possibly PG players. Anyone recall many Cheshire Academy players being recruited by 1-A/FBS programs? Other than possibly existing relationships, nothing about Pepperoni or Addazio should impede Diaco and UConn recruiting and succeeding in signing some Cheshire Academy players and other similar schools' players.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It absolutely helps BC's CT recruiting. No one is happy about what he did to the program, but can we just be a little objective here?

I can't believe that I find myself in the unenviable position of defending the guy, but objectively, he did a very nice job in CT recruiting. People tend to forget that he was responsible for landing Arkeel Newsome, Noel Thomas, Casey Cochran, Tim Boyle (when we thought he had great potential), Tommy Myers, Matt Walsh, and even CT prep kids like Rutherford and McAllister.

He brought talent here and I still respect him as a recruiter, especially in this state. Diaco did a nice job this past year and grabbed 4 of our top 10 in CT and BC got zero. Winning always helps do that. I hope the trend stays that way...

Reaction Score
Likely, but Cheshire Academy recently appears to have enhanced recruiting higher quality 4 year and possibly PG players. Anyone recall many Cheshire Academy players being recruited by 1-A/FBS programs? Other than possibly existing relationships, nothing about Pepperoni or Addazio should impede Diaco and UConn recruiting and succeeding in signing some Cheshire Academy players and other similar schools' players.

I don't follow the Academy because I did not know many locals who went there (most when to Choate instead) nor people who worked there. Now that I have a few minutes, I do remember the High School team scrimmaging them in the '80's and '90's (under Addazio) and it was not a contest along the line, in reverse, of what their basketball team (one year I think they had 1 or 2 St. John's recruits on the team) did to ours. That said, from what I have read, they have upgraded significantly since then. Overall, I was just clarifying that Addazio and PP coached the High School team, not the Academy team.

Reaction Score
OMG - life is funnier than the best comedy fiction. Just LMAO. A loser program finds its perfect loser match.

Reaction Score
Who knows, but Farrell's likely still jones-ing for bcu due to growing up in Bill Romanowski's hometown. Strange enough, but no way Farrell's ill feelings toward UConn are still influenced by flunking out.
Hey! Leave Vernon out of this...

Reaction Score
The best recruiting tool UConn has over BC is 11/19/16 and 11/18/17. They best make the most of it.

Reaction Score
You need to be more concerned about the fact your football team and men's basketball team haven't won a ACC league game in a LONG time...has it been a year yet? Outside of hockey the premier sports at BC have fallen on hard times with football having finally reached the lows that hoops has been consistently been at for years now. The talk about Pasqualoni and his quality as a recruiter won't really matter...because if BC doesn't win 8 games next year Addazio and his gang will be out of work. He couldn't even keep a legacy recruit in Scooter Harrington (both parents graduated from BC..dad was a BC Football 2x Captain).

Reaction Score
You need to be more concerned about the fact your football team and men's basketball team haven't won a ACC league game in a LONG time...has it been a year yet? Outside of hockey the premier sports at BC have fallen on hard times with football having finally reached the lows that hoops has been consistently been at for years now. The talk about Pasqualoni and his quality as a recruiter won't really matter...because if BC doesn't win 8 games next year Addazio and his gang will be out of work. He couldn't even keep a legacy recruit in Scooter Harrington (both parents graduated from BC..dad was a BC Football 2x Captain).

"football having finally reached the lows that..."

Yes, we went 3-9, but 5 of our losses were by a total of 14pts. If not for a perfect storm of 5 new OL starters, season-ending injuries to the starting QB and RB, and no one on the roster that could make the 1 extra FG per game that would've won those 5 games and made a 3-9 team an 8-win team. 2015 was an aberration.

I'm glad for the optimism from the UConn fanbase. It makes the upcoming series all the more fun. But ask FSU and Clemson how fun it is to play BC. Only one team scored more than 26 points against us: Clemson. Nine teams scored 20pts or less against us. The most comparable team to UConn on our 2015 schedule, Howard, lost 76-0.

Don't get your hopes up...

Reaction Score
Don Brown says hello from Ann Arbor.

All the key players Don Brown coached -- who were mostly freshman and sophomores -- and their extra year of training and experience, say hi, as bigger and better sophomores and juniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom