Pasqualoni new DL Coach at BC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni new DL Coach at BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Although I want to make a joke about BC hiring him, I have to say that there is a small part of me that is worried that he and Addazio will poach 1 or 2 CT recruits that we might be interested in. High school coaches actually do make a difference in the decisions that some of these kids make, and PP and Addazio are very well liked by CT high school coaches.

Interestingly enough - there are no CT kids for BC's 2016 Commits.

The perceived/actual Cheshire Academy connection would be important as CA's 2017 team is loaded!

Reaction Score
The perceived/actual Cheshire Academy connection would be important as CA's 2017 team is loaded!
Hasn't Cheshire Academy only recently begun to recruit better quality gridiron players? Other than being located in Pepperoni's hometown, it's not clear the failure's ever successfully recruited players from Cheshire Academy nor that the team's current coaches have much if any connection to burned PP apizza.

Reaction Score
How do you figure ? This is as a positional coach. He will finally be able to recruit to an actual division 1 platform and coach actual division 1 talent

You actually have to win a conference game in order to be considered a D1 school. How many did you guys win last year? While we are at it what is your BCS Bowl record?

Thank you for your interest in coach frozen snot PP.

Reaction Score
29461130.jpg

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Adazzio already recruits well in CT....he probably doesn't need PP to help him with that.

If I was BC, my biggest concern would be that at UConn he really sucked as a leader. In the NFL they are motivated by money and the sense of family is not as strong. PP's poor leadership probably didn't matter. In college you really need to be a motivator...disciplinarian. That is where he falls short.

Nice enough guy...but I wouldn't want him around my college kids.

Reaction Score
I don't think this helps BC recruit CT in the slightest. Just because he has "good relationships" with CT coaches, it doesn't mean people don't remember what he did to our state's program. I don't think there's a living room in CT that PP has an advantage over anyone on our staff, and that's without even taking into account the directions both programs are heading in.

Reaction Score
It absolutely helps BC's CT recruiting. No one is happy about what he did to the program, but can we just be a little objective here?

Reaction Score
It absolutely helps BC's CT recruiting. No one is happy about what he did to the program, but can we just be a little objective here?
I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but what does he bring to the table?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Probably his hometown - Cheshire Academy and some familiarity with northeast high schools. He may open some doors with older coaches.

Reaction Score

A wealth of experience as a coach including spending the last 2 seasons as a dl coach in the nfl. He also has developed strong relationships with local schools over his years as a collegiate head coach.

Can't ask for much more from a college position coach. It's not like he is a coordinator.

Reaction Score
Interestingly enough - there are no CT kids for BC's 2016 Commits. The perceived/actual Cheshire Academy connection would be important as CA's 2017 team is loaded!

... it's not clear the failure's ever successfully recruited players from Cheshire Academy nor that the team's current coaches have much if any connection to burned PP apizza.

Not worth getting into a prolonged debate about it but Adadazio (and Pasqualoni) have ties to Dykeman:

>>Dave Dykeman is another coach familiar with the local recruiting scene. Now the head coach at Cheshire Academy, home of one-time BC commit Cory Jasudowich, Dykeman spent several years at Worcester and Nauset.
It was inevitable that he would get to know Addazio well as their paths have crossed many times. "I think it's a great hire for Boston College," Dykeman said. "He's definitely a guy with New England ties. I think he'll do a great job there.<<

Not saying it's the end all, be all but they have a connection/history.

Reaction Score
Probably his hometown - Cheshire Academy and some familiarity with northeast high schools. He may open some doors with older coaches.
A wealth of experience as a coach including spending the last 2 seasons as a dl coach in the nfl. He also has developed strong relationships with local schools over his years as a collegiate head coach.

Can't ask for much more from a college position coach. It's not like he is a coordinator.
Both fair responses, I guess none of that can hurt BC. Just hard for me to imagine a teenage kid being blown away by BC because of PP if there are other comparable schools in the mix, that's all.

Reaction Score
How do you figure ? This is as a positional coach. He will finally be able to recruit to an actual division 1 platform and coach actual division 1 talent
He was able to recruit to a division 1 platform at Syracuse and UConn...why don't you go back to your BC boards and worry about maybe winning a league game in basketball and football.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Both fair responses, I guess none of that can hurt BC. Just hard for me to imagine a teenage kid being blown away by BC because of PP if there are other comparable schools in the mix, that's all.

Two comments - it may open doors, it doesn't mean he will be able to close the deal with the kids.

That said, having an opening is 1/2 the battle. Many recruits look to their HS coach for direction as their home life may be lacking or just plain unable to deal with the recruiting process. If the HS coach is on good terms with your college, it can make a difference.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

The last two years in the NFL need to be called into question as he couldn't keep either gig.

Reaction Score
>>Dave Dykeman is another coach familiar with the local recruiting scene. Now the head coach at Cheshire Academy, home of one-time BC commit Cory Jasudowich, Dykeman spent several years at Worcester and Nauset. It was inevitable that he would get to know Addazio well as their paths have crossed many times.
Fair enough based on Dykeman's comment and prior contact. Otherwise, this may not sound logical, yet private Cheshire Academy itself has been somewhat removed from the town iteself. Not so different from other prep and local private schools in many CT and New England towns. Thanks for the background.

Reaction Score
Previous news stories characterized his move as wanting to be closer to home, meaning Connecticut. His widowed mother lives in Cheshire and is over 90,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom