Pasqualoni new DL Coach at BC | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni new DL Coach at BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good old Coach Smoke & Mirrors Addazio has hired his buddy, mentor and destroyer of UConn football Paul Pasqualoni as his DL coach according to football scoop:
Boston College has hired Paul Pasqualoni as defensive line coach footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Reaction Score
Buying my tickets as soon as they go on sale now. Can't wait to watch the dumpster fire he's going to cause up there.

Reaction Score
Addazio is doing a good enough job as it is turning that program into a dumpster fire..this is like throwing a 10 gal can of gas into said fire

How do you figure ? This is as a positional coach. He will finally be able to recruit to an actual division 1 platform and coach actual division 1 talent

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
It appears he is a co- DL coach. Wow

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I had better not get too drunk at the BC game next year, because I will get my ass kicked. I'm going to be running my mouth with a vengeance.

Hopefully Diaco and the boys do the talking on the field instead.

Reaction Score
It's going to be embarrassing for Paul when BC plays UConn. Not only was he fired by UConn, he is a low-level defense coach coaching against Diaco -- who was a prominent defensive coach at ND. Paul should have tried for a non-coaching job somewhere in athletic administration --- maybe for a Division 3 school until he retires altogether.

Reaction Score
Can someone give me summary of UConn's experience with PP? I know those were bad years, but what's the gripe? After all, after leaving UConn it's not like the guy's career faded into oblivion. He's been coaching DL in the NFL for the last three years. Seems qualified to coach DL at BC. Especially considering BC has NFL-quality talent on the DL right now.

Reaction Score
Can someone give me summary of UConn's experience with PP? I know those were bad years, but what's the gripe? After all, after leaving UConn it's not like the guy's career faded into oblivion. He's been coaching DL in the NFL for the last three years. Seems qualified to coach DL at BC. Especially considering BC has NFL-quality talent on the DL right now.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score

Aww, honey

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
To say he ran the program into the ground is an understatement

28e448676bb1ae8e6aaa73495da16426d26f8be421ed5b6e98f3e2b3c956f65f.jpg

Reaction Score

He will be fine as a dl coach. Obviously we do not like how he set back our program at the worst possible time. He is a well respected coach and I think is an excellent hire for BC both as a position coach and recruiter.

Reaction Score
Not an exact comparison, but putting it into BC related context... PP = Spaziani. BC went from being in the running for ACC titles under Jags to falling off a cliff with Spaz. UConn went from competing and winning BE titles and playing in a BCS bowl with Edssall to falling off a cliff with PP. People (Hartford Courant reporter mostly) said it was b/c Edsall left the cupboard bare, but a lot of the soup cans PP inherited (and couldn't win with) are playing on Sundays still.

And, I'm guessing it is no coincidence PP spends 1 year, and 1 year only at each place he's landed since being fired at UCOnn. Bears in 2014, Texans in 2015, now the Eagles in 2016. My guess is he's past the point of being able to connect and teach players in this day and age... could be wrong tho (that is a jaded opinion to be honest, no first or second hand knowledge)

Reaction Score

There's this thing called Google...now move along. :rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nah, it just didn't work out here. Nothing specific.

Really, he'll be great for you guys... really great.

mHM3DMk.gif

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As long as he doesn't bring DeLeone with him, he won't do as much damage. He's just not college head coach material at this point in his career, nor was he when we hired him.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Do you have any curiosity as to why he hasn't coached a second season at the same place since we let him go?

I seriously doubt he saw the DL job at BC as a solid move from the same job with the Texans.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He'll probably do a fine job as a DL coach, since he won't ever ever ever be involved in the offense again. Also, he won't have to figure out how to manage the clock on a DL coaching gig.

Although I want to make a joke about BC hiring him, I have to say that there is a small part of me that is worried that he and Addazio will poach 1 or 2 CT recruits that we might be interested in. High school coaches actually do make a difference in the decisions that some of these kids make, and PP and Addazio are very well liked by CT high school coaches. Hopefully, these same kids will see how badly we crush BC this year and understand that UConn is where they need to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom