Parking at Gampel | The Boneyard

Parking at Gampel

Reaction Score
Heading up to Gampel this Sunday for the first time in a loooooooooong time. Anyone have any advice regarding where to park?

Reaction Score
Heading up to Gampel this Sunday for the first time in a loooooooooong time. Anyone have any advice regarding where to park?
You and the team both. First real deal home game in 52 days. The team is going to be so happy to play a game that doesn't involve getting on a bus, plane, or living out of a suitcase for a week.

Reaction Score
Park in South Garage across from Gampel but get their early so you're on the 1st floor!

Thanks for the advice! If all goes according to plan, I should arrive on campus around 11:30. Hopefully that'll be early enough to secure a first floor spot.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I park in the South Garage as well. If you do end up on an upper floor, you should be aware that there is an exit at the TOP of the garage, leading to a road along the side.

I was not aware of it until an attendant told me about it after the DePaul game.

Wow, that was December 1! Looking forward to getting back there on Sunday and for four games in February. Hopefully a couple of NCAA games in March as well!

Reaction Score
I park in the South Garage as well. If you do end up on an upper floor, you should be aware that there is an exit at the TOP of the garage, leading to a road along the side.

I was not aware of it until an attendant told me about it after the DePaul game.

Wow, that was December 1! Looking forward to getting back there on Sunday and for four games in February. Hopefully a couple of NCAA games in March as well!

Good to know. Thanks!

Reaction Score
You can use the Hilltop lot. I know it has a letter now, I just dont remember it.

Jim Calhoun Way, 1st right past the football training center, 1st driveway on the right side. Stairs at Gampel end of lot are a good cardio workout.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Park in South Garage across from Gampel but get their early so you're on the 1st floor!
I usually park in the open-air lot, just south of the South garage. I think that it lessens the back-up when leaving, for what it's worth.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I park behind the Co-Op, to the left up the hill in the open-air lot, hell of a haul... but that was when I was going to practices at Gampel. The only game I attended I parked in the garage attached to the Co-op. It was Strother's Senior Game

Reaction Score
My buddy and I used to park in the North parking lot, but the haul up the hill was killing us old folk!
The last 4 years we've been in the South lot handicap parking and we breathe a lot easier!

Reaction Score
Since several posters have been nice enough to respond to my parking question, I'm going to push the envelope a bit further. What are your thoughts regarding tickets? I am heading up with one friend and currently don't have any. Tried to purchase some via the web but am having difficulty maneuvering around the UConn site.

I am assuming/praying the game isn't completely sold out!!! Will there be tickets released tomorrow morning available at the Gapel box office? Scalpers in the street?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yeah, the North Garage is what I've typically used, no matter how enfeebled I've become in my poor health. The nice part about the North is that it's easy to park down low and get to Gampel from there. South Garage may be closer to walk but no easier to get out of by car once the game has ended.

Reaction Score
Since several posters have been nice enough to respond to my parking question, I'm going to push the envelope a bit further. What are your thoughts regarding tickets? I am heading up with one friend and currently don't have any. Tried to purchase some via the web but am having difficulty maneuvering around the UConn site.

I am assuming/praying the game isn't completely sold out!!! Will there be tickets released tomorrow morning available at the Gapel box office? Scalpers in the street?
You shouldn't have any problem getting tickets from scalpers-this is the method I use 3-4 x a year when I go and I have never had a problem. If you are willing to pay more and are patient, you can often get seats in the lower area within 10 rows from the floor. There will be plenty of upper tickets available tomorrow. I'll be there myself looking for 4 lower seats-go Huskies!!

PS. Often you can't get the best lower seats until five minutes before the game. What happens is that a season ticket holder with 4 seats comes to the game with just one other friend/spouse and sells the other two tickets directly to the scalper. Two years ago my wife and I got the front row/half court tix behind Doris and Dave for the South Carolina game just 5 minutes before the start!! Good luck!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom