Parker off Olympic team? | The Boneyard

Parker off Olympic team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't realize they had a final roster set already. Any place to see it? How could you leave Parker off the team?

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I didn't realize they had a final roster set already. Any place to see it? How could you leave Parker off the team?
Questions about her health? Not giving it her all during camp? There could be a million reasons. I feel like there would have been more press about the finalized list.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
According to the ESPN story, Parker was notified she would not be on the team. The team will be announced on Wednesday of this week. The author of the story is based in Los Angeles. The source is likely Candace or someone close to her or the Sparks who obviously wanted this story out there before the team is announced.

Reaction Score
Why was she not able to attend the Feb practices? Was she playing overseas?

Reaction Score
This isn’t an official list but sources say the final roster is as follows;

Lindsey Whalen Minnesota Lynx

Maya Moore Minnesota Lynx

Sylvia Fowles Minnesota Lynx

Seimone Augustus Minnesota Lynx

Sue Bird Seattle Storm

Breanna Stewart Seattle Storm

Diana Taurasi Phoenix Mercury

Brittney Griner Phoenix Mercury

Tamika Catchings Indiana Fever

Tina Charles New York Liberty

Angel McCoughtry Atlanta Dream

Elena Delle Donne Chicago Sky

Final Roster for Rio 2016! - Women's Basketball 24.7

Reaction Score
Can't be health related she's finally healthy. Wasn't it an article about her having a great performance at camp and her showing more leadership. This is from left field. She's been doing all kinds of PR for the Olympic Games.

Reaction Score
That's a pretty darn good team.
Hard to see who could've been left off.

Reaction Score
I hope there's a reason besides evaluation of performance, something that Parker herself can put out....

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Sorry, I would take Parker over Stewart. I would also take Diggins, Sims or another younger guard over Lindsey Whalen. There should be more youth for the role players. I consider Parker a Starter and not a role player.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I would take Parker over Stewart. I would also take Diggins, Sims or another younger guard over Lindsey Whalen. There should be more youth for the role players. I consider Parker a Starter and not a role player.
It does create a firestorm for Geno, which is why I hope there is a logical spin Parker can put on this. OTOH, it's a mixed blessing for women going to Brazil right now with Zika so rampant. It's a lot bigger tragedy than just the Olympians, of course, but hoping they can come up with a vaccine soon.

Reaction Score
Nevermind read Parker, Charles, nor Fowles attended the February camp.

Reaction Score
And once we get over the injustice of it, imagine if at some point in one of the games, Sue, Dee, Maya, and Stewie and Tina (thanks Vowel Guy!) are on the floor at the same time! Geno can practice a whole new look of disgust!

Reaction Score
And once we get over the injustice of it, imagine if at some point in one of the games, Sue, Dee, Maya, and Stewie are on the floor at the same time!
And Tina. :)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

You don't think Stewart should be on the team yet you complain there should be more youth? I don't understand.

Diggins is coming off an acl tear and didn't attend the camp in Storrs. Sims also didn't attend the camp in Storrs because of an injury. I'm not surprised they're not on the team. I am surprised there is no younger point guard but the committee obviously didn't feel good about the younger guards like Vandersloot and Robinson.

My guess is it came down to Catchings vs Parker and the committee decided to go with one of the team's leaders.

The only player on that roster I would have liked not to see is Angel.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Remember once upon a time Geno had pulled her off the starting, saying she and Tamika played the same position, and things were not working with both in together.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wow!
What surprises me is that there are NO young guards on that reported twelve member team. I certainly didn't think anyone had really stepped up to claim a place, but I thought like for the last WC they would include one.

Reaction Score

I think this will further magnify the pressure on Stewie to get off to a fast start in the W. If she has even the typical rookie struggles, people are going to start second guessing her being chosen over a proven star who plays the same position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom