Outlet Shopping Center coming to The Rent | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Outlet Shopping Center coming to The Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree. I dont know what the solution is but I worry that the state will spend a ridiculous amount to refurbish the XL...or perhaps build a brand spanking new gem in East Hartford with the plan that UConn is a major tenant.

UConn needs a new 12-15k hoops arena and 4-5k hockey arena on campus....and whatever Hartford does shouldn't matter

The outlet thing is fine by me, I'm probably never going shopping before or after a game but it might give the wife and daughters something to do in a blowout, etc...
Up that hockey capacity to 5500-6000 if you plan to play all the games on campus. I definitely like your idea though!

Reaction Score
if you think XL wont be involved heavily with uconn sports then you are mistaken
That place will get 25 UCONN games per yr from men's bb, women's bb and hockey. I can tell you this my cousin's husband worked on the team that designed Gampel and they were told to submit 2 plans...one for the way it was built, the 2nd set to allow it to be expanded to 15,000. He made it VERY clear that the size of Gampel was dictated by Hartford...it couldn't be the same capacity or bigger than the then Civic Center. I don't have an issue with games in Hartford..it's closer to my house...I have an issue with inept Mayor after inept Mayor and an inept city government who relies and DEMANDS UCONN athletics play games in their city in that dump so that they can get some downtown business. Games in Hartford are easier for me to get to by far...but the constant hand out and demands by the City of Hartford government is getting old. It's time for that city to help itself. Hopefully Bronin can beat Segarra BUT then let's see if he can break the cycle of ineptness. It's NOT UCONN Athletics job to fix the city of Hartford's entertainment issue..it's the city of Hartford's job to fix themselves.

Reaction Score
That place will get 25 UCONN games per yr from men's bb, women's bb and hockey. I can tell you this my cousin's husband worked on the team that designed Gampel and they were told to submit 2 plans...one for the way it was built, the 2nd set to allow it to be expanded to 15,000. He made it VERY clear that the size of Gampel was dictated by Hartford...it couldn't be the same capacity or bigger than the then Civic Center. I don't have an issue with games in Hartford..it's closer to my house...I have an issue with inept Mayor after inept Mayor and an inept city government who relies and DEMANDS UCONN athletics play games in their city in that dump so that they can get some downtown business. Games in Hartford are easier for me to get to by far...but the constant hand out and demands by the City of Hartford government is getting old. It's time for that city to help itself. Hopefully Bronin can beat Segarra BUT then let's see if he can break the cycle of ineptness. It's NOT UCONN Athletics job to fix the city of Hartford's entertainment issue..it's the city of Hartford's job to fix themselves.

Been saying that for year; but, sadly, it will never happen.

Reaction Score
I just hope to god they don't bring another BS "luxury" outlet like the Tanger one in Westbrook or the new Foxwoods one. Nothing that different/unique from anywhere you'd see anywere else in the country. It would be awesome if this was a deal more connected in theme to UConn and Connecticut (a la Patriots Place) but alas, I'm sure it will be generic and lack any UConn connective tissue us fan so desire. A bar would be HUGE though.
YES they could call it the CROW BAR! :D Not a place where crows hang out but a place a lot of us could go to eat after some of our wild predictions have not quite gone the way we expected. Lots of good beverage to wash down a plate of crow wings, crow tenders or even the ultimate 1/2 pound crow, bacon & steamed cheese burger! :)

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
This is pretty interesting... http://www.rentschler-field.com/masterplan.html
No idea if this is still the plan considering is pretty dated, but. I think this outlet concept (if done right) and tying in Cabela's and the PAWS-ARF into it could be really cool.

Oh and in other news... How does our Governor publically support a project in Windsor Locks from a differnt company already, when THE STATE OF CT as owners of the Stadium would no doubt see a benefit in adding a major retail/entertainment complex at The Rent? http://www.courant.com/real-estate/...mall-simon-property-group-20150825-story.html

Such a clown...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
No idea if this is still the plan considering is pretty dated, but. I think this outlet concept (if done right) and tying in Cabela's and the PAWS-ARF into it could be really cool.

Oh and in other news... How does our Governor publically support a project in Windsor Locks from a differnt company already, when THE STATE OF CT as owners of the Stadium would no doubt see a benefit in adding a major retail/entertainment complex at The Rent? http://www.courant.com/real-estate/...mall-simon-property-group-20150825-story.html

Such a clown...

Building a soccer stadium and other athletic fields around them and then building apartments and shops and bars as an "entertainment" complex could also help lure a MLS team. Isn't there a lawsuit going on now about the stadium that is supposed to be used for NASL? Bars/Stadium/Apartments/CT Fast Track bus stop is very attractive to a young uconn grad working in Hartford, as well as those coming in for UConn Football games, concerts, and soccer games/youth tournaments that could be held on the grounds.

Reaction Score
A bar that is closed during games but open before and after.

boneyard.jpg

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
This is a joke, right?
No way is that a joke. Screw the yahoos who only show up to tailgate. You gotta make people actually go into the stadium for the game. Maybe they can get some sort of stamp or card-puncher inside the stadium. You show up at the bar after the game with a stamped ticket, you get a free beer!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No way is that a joke. Screw the yahoos who only show up to tailgate. You gotta make people actually go into the stadium for the game. Maybe they can get some sort of stamp or card-puncher inside the stadium. You show up at the bar after the game with a stamped ticket, you get a free beer!
If it's not a joke, it's just quite simply an awful idea. Anyone who is going to operate a bar near Rentschler doesn't give a s__t about game day attendance, unless you are talking about their own establishment's capacity, and will never agree to that stipulation. The color of the yahoos' money who only tailgate is just as green as those with tickets. The day's ticket for a beer idea may work (Kahoots used to have a deal like that. Don't know if they still do. Haven't been literally in years. Don't even know if Kahoots even exists), but operating a bar is tough, tough business.

Reaction Score
I would like to see them build something along the lines of Patriot Place (I think "The Bone Yard" is as good name as any). A place where you could do some shopping, get some food, drink. Add some connections back to the university (i.e. Dairy Bar, UCONN store) It would need to be a mix of places though some high end, some casual with nice outdoor sidewalks connecting everything together.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
SonsOfNutmeg said:

Such a clown...

It's old. That 200K outdoor retailer is Cabela's. How long has that been there. My guess is its about 10 years old.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I hope this thing is just done right... with UConn and the stadium's future usage in mind (someone mentioned NASL soccer), and not just a generic shopping mall which happens to be in OUR parking lot. F-that noise. Some kind of bar/restaurant (a few probably) is a MUST- just imagine the possibities of road game watch parties at a decent sports bar type place in The Rent's parking lot? It would be insane.

UConn CoOp store is a must too (just selling gear)... They probably won't do it though and cite that its too far from campus/Hartford or some BS reason.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
If it's not a joke, it's just quite simply an awful idea. Anyone who is going to operate a bar near Rentschler doesn't give a s__t about game day attendance, unless you are talking about their own establishment's capacity, and will never agree to that stipulation. The color of the yahoos' money who only tailgate is just as green as those with tickets. The day's ticket for a beer idea may work (Kahoots used to have a deal like that. Don't know if they still do. Haven't been literally in years. Don't even know if Kahoots even exists), but operating a bar is tough, tough business.

Kahoots in Vernon changed to Sweethearts years ago, and as of the past year or so is now known as Roc Venus. Gotta love the town I grew up in...

Kahoots in East Hartford got shut down for a myriad of reasons. I can't remember exactly what the story was but I think there was some sort of coke-dealing as well as dancers offering a little too much... although I think what ultimately did them in was they failed to renew a permit/certificate with the town to operate that type of establishment, and after a deadline passed the town had the power to choose to deny the license. That place has been an empty building for a few years now.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Kahoots in Vernon changed to Sweethearts years ago, and as of the past year or so is now known as Roc Venus. Gotta love the town I grew up in...

Kahoots in East Hartford got shut down for a myriad of reasons. I can't remember exactly what the story was but I think there was some sort of coke-dealing as well as dancers offering a little too much... although I think what ultimately did them in was they failed to renew a permit/certificate with the town to operate that type of establishment, and after a deadline passed the town had the power to choose to deny the license. That place has been an empty building for a few years now.
So literally NO ONE has been there in years!!!

Reaction Score
Rumor is our Fire Marshall will be working full time on the plans. That's a firehouse rumor though. About as reliable as Weekly World News. I'll go see her on Monday and see if I can get the straight poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom