Outlet Shopping Center coming to The Rent | The Boneyard

Outlet Shopping Center coming to The Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know that sometimes change is a good thing, and it probably is in this case, but I do miss the early days when that entire runway was available for parking, it was just a cool feeling to walk up the runway towards The Rent.

Reaction Score
I don't see how it could be a bad thing. If it helps make the area a little more attractive, great. If it gets a few families to think to themselves, "Well, we can go to the football game earlier and then stop by and do some shopping in the afternoon!" as a more attractive option than just a football game, then awesome. Plus it increases the tax base. And maybe there will be a bar or restaurant or two for people to hang out at after the game if they want to avoid the traditional post-game traffic.

Reaction Score
I don't see how it could be a bad thing. If it helps make the area a little more attractive, great. If it gets a few families to think to themselves, "Well, we can go to the football game earlier and then stop by and do some shopping in the afternoon!" as a more attractive option than just a football game, then awesome. Plus it increases the tax base. And maybe there will be a bar or restaurant or two for people to hang out at after the game if they want to avoid the traditional post-game traffic.

I like the bar angle for the post game.

Reaction Score
Awesome news. Happy the deal is done. I follow economic development in Hartford and the region closely and this is huge news for East Hartford and the Silver Lane area. Right on the heals of Pratt's announced new HQ too. Good stuff all around. Many don't realize but the master plan for Rentschler Field is an absolutely massive mixed use area comprised of retail, housing, hotels, office space, etc. This has been a good couple of weeks towards that ultimate goal.

Reaction Score
I'm totally indifferent. If it attracts more customers to football games, great. If it doesn't, I don't care at all.
Not everybody likes to tail gate for hours. I don't cause I"m not much of a drinker. If it helps to pump money into the local economy, I'm all for it. There is a lot of land there that can be used for other things. Come to think of it, a nice 15k, seat Hockey/basketball arena wouldn't be bad there either.

For me personally, I've come to accept that the Rent is never going to fully feel like an on campus stadium/college football setting, so if this adds to the overall experience, then great.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
This would be great. Get more of those upper-middle class CT families spending a whole day in the stadium area. A bar scene before/after the game would entice young adults and middle aged sports fans to stick around and build comraderie among fans. I like the move a lot.

Reaction Score
If it adds to the overall experience, helps the local economy, and can boost game attendance even a little, then it's worth it.

Reaction Score
This is awesome. It will give the area a much better vibe. I could take my son to a game and let my wife and daughters shop and have lunch. I think it is a nice twist to bring more people to the stadium. It will also help the tailgating scene as many people will come party then hit the restaurants and bars if they don't have tickets. I think this will really help the game day environment.

Reaction Score
Not everybody likes to tail gate for hours. I don't cause I"m not much of a drinker. If it helps to pump money into the local economy, I'm all for it. There is a lot of land there that can be used for other things. Come to think of it, a nice 15k, seat Hockey/basketball arena wouldn't be bad there either.

For me personally, I've come to accept that the Rent is never going to fully feel like an on campus stadium/college football setting, so if this adds to the overall experience, then great.

If a 15k hockey/basketball arena there means more or all UConn games in East Hartford then this is an awful idea....Don't drag any more games away from Storrs

Reaction Score
Good point. I just see throwing money at the XL center for renovations as a waste. The place has outlived its usefuleness.

I agree. I dont know what the solution is but I worry that the state will spend a ridiculous amount to refurbish the XL...or perhaps build a brand spanking new gem in East Hartford with the plan that UConn is a major tenant.

UConn needs a new 12-15k hoops arena and 4-5k hockey arena on campus....and whatever Hartford does shouldn't matter

The outlet thing is fine by me, I'm probably never going shopping before or after a game but it might give the wife and daughters something to do in a blowout, etc...

Reaction Score
An arena in East Hartford for UConn bball and hockey would be a complete and utter disaster. That NEEDS to stay on campus.

If they want to put an 18K professional arena there, knock down the XL, and try to grab a pro team, go for it but there's a 0% chance the state and city of Hartford would ever let that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom