"Our" old friend Todd Orlando ... | The Boneyard

"Our" old friend Todd Orlando ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...-couldn-t-say-no-to-Herman-UH-job-6430339.php

Making things intense at UH. You have to like what you hear about Tom Herman; but, I think first years are going to be tough. But ... on Orlando ... he is now the highest paid assistant in the non-Power 5 conferences; he was second in TFL last year in FBS (at Utah State) and 4th in Sacks - that seems far different than the Defense we ran under Edsall.

Good for him. And it states that he was in line for DC at Pitt.

Reaction Score
Always REALLY liked him, but someone once told me he had no interest in being a HC, which I found odd. Same person told me Norries Wilson couldn't wait to be a HC.

This guy,simply gets results where ever he goes.

Reaction Score
He was better than Brown

I do think he's a better DC than Brown, but only because he's shown that he can get it done using multiple schemes. Here, he put together very good defenses using four down linemen and two deep safeties in a soft zone. In other places, he's sent pass rushers from all over the field and his defenses look a lot like what Brown ran here.

Reaction Score
I do think he's a better DC than Brown, but only because he's shown that he can get it done using multiple schemes. Here, he put together very good defenses using four down linemen and two deep safeties in a soft zone. In other places, he's sent pass rushers from all over the field and his defenses look a lot like what Brown ran here.

I'll caveat my first statement in saying that Brown is a very good DC and the players love playing for his hair on fire, very aggressive play calling. I loved here and I'm glad he had him, but I just thing overall Orlando is a much better, albeit a less sexy name, than Brown. Orlando just produces and produces at a top 10 level everywhere he's been. If Diaco doesn't work out (I believe he will though), I'd love to see Orlando here as a HC.

Reaction Score
I suspect being a head coach involves a lot more than what happens at practice and on game day. Orlando is aware of everything that's involved with being a HC and wisely sticks to what he does best. All the best for his success....

Reaction Score
Orlando has never had NFL gig. If he does, I predict he'll never go back, and if he's ever a HC it would be there instead of college. He's a fantastic football coach and evaluator of players.

(I know people in Fox Chapel) :)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I could well be wrong but I believe the overly vanilla defenses we ran when Orlando was here was more due to it being Edsall's preference than being Orlando's preference.

One thing it does demonstrate is that there are many ways of succeeding on defense (offense as well).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc