Our Dear Friends at UTenn Go Down Again -- to Ole Miss | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Our Dear Friends at UTenn Go Down Again -- to Ole Miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
The winning team has miss in their name,the LOSING team has miss in their game.

They only missed 43 shots. I wonder when the last time was that UConn missed 43 shots.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I just don't understand this!?!? Tenneseee has talent! Why do they play this way?? Coach? Players?

I keep hearing "wait till next year" and "we have the #1 recruiting class coming next season"

However they have the #1, #3 &#42 players from 2013 and I don't see any results of that on the court!
Wait till next year? For what??! ;)

Seriously, they have DD and Russell - similar to Stewie and Mo in their class - they were #'s 1 and 2. Not sure what makes them think that next year will be any different. Unless DD and Russell come back, but what a god-awful coaching staff. Not sure why they would want to... And side note - Russell and DD have effectively been in college for 4 years and DD has been at Tenn for 3. If the coaches have not been able to get real production out of them, how are they going to be able to develop any of the freshmen?

Reaction Score
I just don't understand this!?!? Tenneseee has talent! Why do they play this way?? Coach? Players?

I keep hearing "wait till next year" and "we have the #1 recruiting class coming next season"

However they have the #1, #3 &#42 players from 2013 and I don't see any results of that on the court!

Even more amazing, they have four high school recruits who have been chosen as Naismith player of the year semi-finalists. Connecticut only has three. Again, what were those kids thinking when they signed their LOI's?!

Reaction Score
So now the question yet again is: Will Tennessee slip back into the NCAA Tournament? Or get passed over? They're past the halfway point in the season, and are 10-6.

They're still about an 8 or 7 seed. Other than the top 2 teams, the rest of the conference is bunched up and Vols could still finish 3rd.

Reaction Score

Seriously, they have DD and Russell - similar to Stewie and Mo in their class - they were #'s 1 and 2. Not sure what makes them think that next year will be any different. Unless DD and Russell come back, but what a god-awful coaching staff. Not sure why they would want to... And side note - Russell and DD have effectively been in college for 4 years and DD has been at Tenn for 3. If the coaches have not been able to get real production out of them, how are they going to be able to develop any of the freshmen?

Why in the world would those two want to come back for another year? Why would DD want to come back with the likelihood of crapping out for yet another year? Her WNBA/Europe prospects have probably been seriously damaged by her performance this year. Why would she want to come back to college for a fifth year, when she hasn't played well for the past two in a row? No, time for her and Russell to bail.

Perhaps the more apt question is whether the Tennessee coaching staff wants DeShields to come back? I'm guessing the answer is "no." They'll have four highly ranked recruits coming in from high school, and the coaching staff will probably want to start fresh without DD's "attitude", and without the odor of years of underperformance.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow.
With the win over Stanford and taking Miss St down to the wire, I really thought Vols were a top 25 team. But losing to Ole miss is not good.

I'm surprised; I thought they'd moved on from the type of horrible performances that resulted in losses to Penn State and Virginia Tech. They improved markedly against Texas, then beat Stanford and Kentucky. And now this, a big fat egg against Ole Miss. Oh well.

Is there any cellar-dweller team left in the SEC that hasn't beaten Tennessee in the last couple years?

Reaction Score

Yes what would they come back for.... both of them do not respect the coaching staff at all, especially DD..... she just does what she likes.... and there is no penalty for the high # of turnovers.... the stop and pop..... not assisting ..... not getting teammates involved.... turn nose up at coaching staff and it is no problem no price to pay....

Tonight's game... wow.... another bad showing.... have you ever seen a #1 overall national recruit miss so many shots from 3 feet away? Where is the talent she brought to Knoxville? First year bad feet, OK.... what is the excuse now?

If i were either of these two I would not stay around another year.... but then again, how high is their stock going to be?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Rumblings from loyal Lady Vol fans are felt even as far East as Greenwich Village

Under discussion:
It will take the former greats: Holdsclaw, Catchings, Kara and Candace, speaking up about the dismal standard that the program has attained before the admin does something
(they're between AD's as we speak).

Until then, nothing will happen
Rightly calling for Warlicks head.
This is a very, very badly coached and woefully inconsistent team.

But watch out, they could beat mediocre ND....could happen.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Oh how badly I want them to be an 8 seed in UConn's bracket...except they'd probably lose in the first round.
It's not out of the question. An 8 seed would mean they are likely "ranked" somewhere in the 30-35 range. That's about where they will be after the Ole Miss loss.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yes what would they come back for.... both of them do not respect the coaching staff at all, especially DD..... she just does what she likes.... and there is no penalty for the high # of turnovers.... the stop and pop..... not assisting ..... not getting teammates involved.... turn nose up at coaching staff and it is no problem no price to pay....

Tonight's game... wow.... another bad showing.... have you ever seen a #1 overall national recruit miss so many shots from 3 feet away? Where is the talent she brought to Knoxville? First year bad feet, OK.... what is the excuse now?

If i were either of these two I would not stay around another year.... but then again, how high is their stock going to be?
Russell has actually been playing quite well this year and I think would easily be a first round draft choice. DD, who knows - there is probably a GM stupid enough to draft on reputation for talent in the first round, but more likely a second or even a third round flier. I thought she was way overhyped as a freshman while her teammates were doing the heavy lifting, and it has been down hill since - she is what Gabby might have been with bad coaching - uber athletic with little actual skill at putting the ball in the basket efficiently.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
OT: our Orange buddies had a massive 4th quarter and beat ranked NC state
after being behind most of the game.

Reaction Score
Is there any cellar-dweller team left in the SEC that hasn't beaten Tennessee in the last couple years?

Last win:
Auburn - 2009
Georgia - 2010
Mizzou - 2013
Vandy - 2014
All other teams are 2016 or 17

There has never been a time when every SEC team had a graduating senior who had beaten TN during her 4 years. Auburn, Georgia, Missouri,and Vanderbilt have 2.5 years to make that happen.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
OT: our Orange buddies had a massive 4th quarter and beat ranked NC state
after being behind most of the game.

Alexis Peterson with 45 points, including 17 of 19 (!!) from the foul line.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
So you think UConn's going to be a 9 seed?:confused:

Oh, sorry, I got my numbers mixed up...I thought there were only 8 teams in each group
mea culpa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger