Our Conference Brothers Houston..... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Our Conference Brothers Houston.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think he is a very good coach, but all evidence says ND would not dominate our conference.

I guess we'll see what happens next year. I don't think anyone ever used the word dominate anyway - but we have a very different definition of evidence in this case, as you seem to think what Charlie Weis did as coach matters in 2012 and going forward.

Are you really going to argue that USF was better than Notre Dame last year? ND outgained USF 508-254, they turned it over 5 times including a 99 yard fumble return for a TD and a couple of redzone interceptions and still only lost to USF by 3. Do you think the better team wins every game? When you get a chance explain ISU over Ok State and Arizona State over USC.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Unless Notre Dame or anyone else gets an Urban Meyer or Les Miles or Nick Saban they aren't going to dominate anywhere. Nobody dominates because of who they are, they dominate because of who is running the program. Unless you were wondering why Boise State is better than 95% of the BCS teams right now. Remember Utah - weird what happens with coaching changes.

Reaction Score
Unless Notre Dame or anyone else gets an Urban Meyer or Les Miles or Nick Saban they aren't going to dominate anywhere. Nobody dominates because of who they are, they dominate because of who is running the program. Unless you were wondering why Boise State is better than 95% of the BCS teams right now. Remember Utah - weird what happens with coaching changes.

Just look Alabama! How well were they dominating before Nick Saban came aboard? Not since the years of "The Bear", have they been this dominant.

Reaction Score
I guess we'll see what happens next year. I don't think anyone ever used the word dominate anyway - but we have a very different definition of evidence in this case, as you seem to think what Charlie Weis did as coach matters in 2012 and going forward.

Are you really going to argue that USF was better than Notre Dame last year? ND outgained USF 508-254, they turned it over 5 times including a 99 yard fumble return for a TD and a couple of redzone interceptions and still only lost to USF by 3. Do you think the better team wins every game? When you get a chance explain ISU over Ok State and Arizona State over USC.

Yes, I believe USF was a better team than ND at that point of the season. You have the stats...the only evidence I have is the final score and the replay of the game. If it was one fluke loss, then you could chalk it up to something else, but who did ND beat that makes you believe they were a good team? Maybe USF caused those 5 turnovers. You sound like Pitt and WVU fans who complained they were clearly better than us a season ago. "We only lost because we turned the ball over so much." When did good teams start turning the ball over multiple times and losing the turnover battles?

ND is nothing special. If they have a good season next year, great....explain the last 20+. ND has become the graveyard of coaches. I think BK will turn it around if they give him enough time, but they are nothing special.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, I believe USF was a better team than ND at that point of the season. You have the stats...the only evidence I have is the final score and the replay of the game. If it was one fluke loss, then you could chalk it up to something else, but who did ND beat that makes you believe they were a good team? Maybe USF caused those 5 turnovers. You sound like Pitt and WVU fans who complained they were clearly better than us a season ago. "We only lost because we turned the ball over so much." When did good teams start turning the ball over multiple times and losing the turnover battles?

ND is nothing special. If they have a good season next year, great....explain the last 20+. ND has become the graveyard of coaches. I think BK will turn it around if they give him enough time, but they are nothing special.

Nobody said ND was anything special. I made quite clear they are only as good as their coach, and i think they finally have a good coach. If you'd like to deny they have a number of build in advantages over the rest of the teams in the Big East, well then it's not even worth discussing.

If you think USF was better than ND at that point in the season based on the final score that is your choice. ND dominated every phase of the game but turned it over in a couple of key situations. USF got outgained 500-250 in a game they won and then went 1-6 in the Big East. If USF had the ability to generate turnovers, they should have done some of it in the Big East while they were on the train to last place.

Are you trying to argue that whomever wins a single game is the better team? If so, please explain ISU over Ok State and ASU over USC. Might it just make more sense to accept that sometimes the better team loses a game?

Reaction Score
It's a good thing that Notre Dame has that excuse. They certainly underperform on the field and, thus, this gives them plausible "nobody has it as tough as we do" deniability.

Hey TDH, greeting from the Rio Grande.

Reaction Score
Hey TDH, greeting from the Rio Grande.

Nice, RV. Geez, no wonder it being said that . . . "Women want to be with you and men want to be you". Lol lol. Tell Mrs RV, I'm only kidding. Don't want to get you - or me - sacked. Have fun, stay safe & keep in touch. And. . . don't drink the water. Oh and watch out for the South Padre Spring Breakers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom