Our Conference Brothers Houston..... | The Boneyard

Our Conference Brothers Houston.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just pilfered a 4-star WR from Notre Dame's commit list. They have a nice looking class.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Looking at the other offers their recruits had on Scout, their class looks awesome...if Houston were a brand name, they would be ranked in the top 25.

Houston and Rutgers could become powerhouses really soon.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Heard they got him cause he wouldnt have qualified at Notre shame

Reaction Score
Heard they got him cause he wouldnt have qualified at Notre shame

It's a good thing that Notre Dame has that excuse. They certainly underperform on the field and, thus, this gives them plausible "nobody has it as tough as we do" deniability.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
he visited uh last week and followed the ast coach there from nd. its more fun though becuase its just a chance for ppl to rip nd, which i aprove of.

Reaction Score
Just pilfered a 4-star WR from Notre Dame's commit list. They have a nice looking class.[/quote

Boise State & Houston must be creaming now (thinking they have an EZ Pass) that they have the BCS guarantee for a big time bowl. Too bad Notre Dame never figure that out

Reaction Score

As a matter of logic, it's not possible to take the positions that Notre Dame sucks and wouldn't be very good in the Big East and that it ought to join the Big East because it's an easy path to the BCS.

Well, I guess it is possible, but ....

Reaction Score
As a matter of logic, it's not possible to take the positions that Notre Dame sucks and wouldn't be very good in the Big East and that it ought to join the Big East because it's an easy path to the BCS.

How they doing on the outside? That program needs something because "yesteryear and Frank Lehey" ain't walking through that door anytime soon.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
As is, ND needs to finish in the BCS top eight to be 100% guaranteed a bid to the BCS, and based on the at-large criteria, all they really have to do is finish in the top 14. It really should be a cakewalk for them, and the fact that they haven't met the nine-win/top 14 threshold since 2006 is really an epic fail.

Reaction Score

That's not illogical at all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How they doing on the outside? That program needs something because "yesteryear and Frank Lehey" ain't walking through that door anytime soon.

You do remember when their coach Brian Kelly owned the Big East right? I know it was a long time ago.... but if he could rip through the Big East at Cincinnati - he couldn't win in the Big East with Notre Dame? Does that even stand up to your special brand of 'logic'.

Reaction Score
Didn't ND lose to Pitt, UConn and SU over a short period of time. Navy as well. Kelly or no Kelly they still had highly rated classes.

Until they prove otherwise the Big East would be no picnic for ND.

Yes I know SU and Pitt are leaving. Add Houston and Boise for an equal or upgraded addition.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Didn't ND lose to Pitt, UConn and SU over a short period of time. Navy as well. Kelly or no Kelly they still had highly rated classes.

Until they prove otherwise the Big East would be no picnic for ND.

Yes I know SU and Pitt are leave. Add Houston and Boise for en equal or upgraded addition.

Yeah, Kelly or no Kelly. Weis loses to UConn and that somehow reflects on Kelly. Ok.

They had highly rated classes and a terrible coach. They might not be winning any BCS titles, but the idea that Kelly wouldn't do well in the Big East with Notre Dame goes against... well every single bit of evidence that he provided at Cincinnati when he tore the league a new a**.

Reaction Score
As long as they don't have a QB that throws for a 1000 yards, 7 TDs, and scores 70 on us, I will be happy :)

Reaction Score
What is ND's record against The Big East over the last 5 seasons? Why does anyone think they would dominate our conference?

Reaction Score
What is ND's record against The Big East over the last 5 seasons? Why does anyone think they would dominate our conference?

Just looked it up quick. They are 2-5 over the last 5 years with wins over Pitt twice.

If you include the BE's new additions, their record over the last 5 years their record is 5-8

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Because Charlie Weis is a *#$&-awful coach and his record against the Big East has nothing to do with what would happen going forward? You guys do notice that it matters who coaches the teams right? That Louisville was different with Petrino and Kragthorpe? That West Virginia was different with Stewart and Holgorsen?

Hmm... Brian Kelly kicked the crap out of the Big East at Cincinnati. Might he be able to do well if he was in the same league and had 15 times the resources he had there? What a wild stretch to think he would do well. Certainly the fact that Charlie Weis lost to Navy and UConn matters in that situation.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just looked it up quick. They are 2-5 over the last 5 years with wins over Pitt twice.

If you include the BE's new additions, their record over the last 5 years their record is 5-8

Here is Brian Kelly's record in the Big East.

1-0 (Bowl Win)
10-3 (4-3)
11-3 (6-1)
12-0 (7-0)

34-6 (17-4)

You position is that a coach who was 17-4 in the Big East coaching players mostly recruited by the prior staff that couldn't get them over the hump, moving to a situation where he has a national platform to recruit, a fan base 25 times as large and an almost neverending supply of resources wouldn't do well returning to the Big East.

Somehow the fact that Brian Kelly dominated the Big East for two seasons is outweighed by the fact that Charlie Weis lost to UConn, Syracuse and Navy....

Reaction Score
Notre Dame? Didn't they use to be good in football back before there was television? They're like Yale, only they didn't join the Ivy League. Maybe they'll figure things out eventually . . . here'd be a good start . . . join a conference!!!

Reaction Score
It's a good thing that Notre Dame has that excuse. They certainly underperform on the field and, thus, this gives them plausible "nobody has it as tough as we do" deniability.

It must kill their fanbase to lose to Stanford - a school with 10x their standards.

Reaction Score
Because Charlie Weis is a *#$&-awful coach and his record against the Big East has nothing to do with what would happen going forward? You guys do notice that it matters who coaches the teams right? That Louisville was different with Petrino and Kragthorpe? That West Virginia was different with Stewart and Holgorsen?

Hmm... Brian Kelly kicked the crap out of the Big East at Cincinnati. Might he be able to do well if he was in the same league and had 15 times the resources he had there? What a wild stretch to think he would do well. Certainly the fact that Charlie Weis lost to Navy and UConn matters in that situation.[/quote
ok...i'll bite. What his ND's record, under Kelley, against the Big East? How well did that game work out for him? How did the season work out for USF in conference play? Stop making excuses for ND. 5 years, 2 coaches, and an entire recruiting cycle and they have a losingvery record against the Big East. WVU has been as good...hell better than ND over that period and they haven't really dominated the conference. ND is just a mediocre program with great brand recognition.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

After 2 years his record isn't great - but he was cleaning up a mess and finally getting his own players. They lost a game to USF this year even though they were a much better team, they turned it over too many times for big plays before the storm hit.

Since we are talking about a hypothetical future, let's see how it goes from here. I can't see how a guy could be excellent at Cincinnati against a group of teams and then be worse when at Notre Dame.... unless you think ND is cursed and it doesn't matter who coaches them.

Reaction Score
Is Kelly implementing the spread with ND? If not, can he win, without it? Also I don't remember his teams being great defensively.

So if ND doesn't have a high powered offense......?

Can you say Rich Rodriguez?

Reaction Score
After 2 years his record isn't great - but he was cleaning up a mess and finally getting his own players. They lost a game to USF this year even though they were a much better team, they turned it over too many times for big plays before the storm hit.

Since we are talking about a hypothetical future, let's see how it goes from here. I can't see how a guy could be excellent at Cincinnati against a group of teams and then be worse when at Notre Dame.... unless you think ND is cursed and it doesn't matter who coaches them.

If he loses next year what will be the reason? I don't think ND is cursed, but I do believe their program and players tend to be over-hyped which leads to bloated expectations. And what mess? Fat-Boy Slim left him 3 straight top 15 recruiting classes...sign us up for a mess like that right now!

As for the USF game....better teams don't turn the ball over that much. Credit the defense for setting a tone than caused those turnovers. Not to mention, before the storm that day it looked like USF was going to blow them out.

I think he is a very good coach, but all evidence says ND would not dominate our conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom