Our bigs are the answer to our offensive woes | The Boneyard

Our bigs are the answer to our offensive woes

Reaction Score
We have one of the best defenses in the country, and as the young guys continue to grow it will only get better.

If we had a somewhat decent shooting team we would be ranked right now (yes I just went there). The past two games we shot 47% (UCF game) and 53% (Temple game), and we comfortably beat two good teams.

Our big men particularly Kentan (59%) and Amida (63%) have been shooting very well all season; statistically they are the two best shooters on our team. Our guards not named Jalen our shooting very poorly, Purvis (34%) and Vital (33%); statistically they are the two worst shooters on the team.

The problem is that Vital has taken the 3rd most field goal attempts on the team, and Purvis, who has the most field goal attempts (205; tied with Jalen), has taken more field goal attempts then Kentan and Amida combined (155)!

We need Vital and Purvis to continue to be more selective with their shooting, prioritize passing and setting up our bigs, who have shown they are much more efficient in in shooting.

Improved shooting will help us continue to win no matter the opponent. The best way to improve our shooting is to have the offense go through our bigs more often.

Reaction Score
No question. KO is going down low based on those stats. Now Temple was small inside and we'll see what happens against bigger players but there's clearly no sense basing our offense on 30%. But we still need the well selected 3 and I would like Jalen, Vance and Purvis when open. Vital I don't know at this point. Still think Purvis can get hot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom