Other CFB games this weekend (9/1) thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Other CFB games this weekend (9/1) thread

Reaction Score
I don't know how the PAC stays together after realignment. It's the biggest conference of haves and have nots, and they regularly pump out terrible seasons

I’m not a CR expert but I’ve always felt they’re clearly the most secure outside of the Big Ten and SEC. It makes no sense in any way to think there won’t always be a power football conference based in California.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Sweet merciful crap, if I had remembered that Willie Taggart was coaching FSU I never would have put my fake pennies on the Noles at -7.

And don’t even get my started on these awful FSU unis...
If you’re FSU you shouldn’t dress like SDSU.

Reaction Score
Watching FSU play tonight makes me feel a lot better about UConn's display the other night. I realize that's really not saying much.

Reaction Score
I don't know how the PAC stays together after realignment. It's the biggest conference of haves and have nots, and they regularly pump out terrible seasons

They have one heck of a geographic advantage (or disadvantage) and several big-names in their ranks (USC, UCLA, Stanford plus Cal and Washington), they are not going anywhere, except to grab what they can from the XII should it fall apart.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
So weird that Taggart coaches FSU. He was a few games away from being fired at USF, then had a good run down the stretch behind Quentin Flowers and Marlon Mack. Has one mediocre (if that) year at Oregon and gets hired at FSU??? Strange.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
FSU’s cheerleaders literally throw STICKS OF FIRE. No wonder we can’t crack the top 25...

Reaction Score
So weird that Taggart coaches FSU. He was a few games away from being fired at USF, then had a good run down the stretch behind Quentin Flowers and Marlon Mack. Has one mediocre (if that) year at Oregon and gets hired at FSU??? Strange.

He looks like an absolute deer in headlights on the sideline that entire first half.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He looks like an absolute deer in headlights on the sideline that entire first half.

They’ve made pretty much every mistake possible. Francois had a couple decent throws, but they’ve looked awful otherwise.

Reaction Score
They’ve made pretty much every mistake possible. Francois had a couple decent throws, but they’ve looked awful otherwise.

Still amusing to see a massive fanbase like FSU get a small dose of what UConn fans go through almost traditionally. The frustration throughout that stadium is both relatable and palpable.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Am I missing something? Why did VT go for it there? Hit the FG and go up by three scores. Also, why run it out of the gun from the 1???

Reaction Score
Am I missing something? Why did VT go for it there? Hit the FG and go up by three scores. Also, why run it out of the gun from the 1???

Only reason to go for it is because FSU hasn't been scaring anybody offensively the whole game. Otherwise, it would be safer to just kick the field goal. I kinda understand why they went for it.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Only reason to go for it is because FSU hasn't been scaring anybody offensively the whole game. Otherwise, it would be safer to just kick the field goal. I kinda understand why they went for it.

Right I get that FSU isn’t scoring, but if you get 3 on the board it’s game over. Coming away with nothing, if FSU can score a TD you’ve got a 7 point game

Reaction Score
This is just an ugly game, period. Weather doesn't help. Outside of Clemson, ACC looks to be wide open.

Reaction Score
Who wants to bet FSU remains in the Top 25 despite this ghastly, nationally televised display of lethargic ineptitude?

Reaction Score
Still amusing to see a massive fanbase like FSU get a small dose of what UConn fans go through almost traditionally. The frustration throughout that stadium is both relatable and palpable.
Traditionally? How would you let PP and Diaco set tradition? UConn couldn't beat Yale for a while, big whoop. Once that changed, that series ended.

Reaction Score
Florida State kicker was a suspect in the death of a turtle being killed at a frat house by ripping it's shell off...

God bless the Seminoles.

Reaction Score
Other than the inconvenient UConn reference, it's challenging to find anything unlikable about Free Shoes' fans potentially suffering through several years or even better a few decades of frustration.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
UCLA lost their starting QB and is impossibly young. If the backup QB was 10% more accurate, UCLA would have won going away.

It was a perfect storm for Cincy and they seized the moment. Our turn will come over the next few years if we stay the course, IMHO.
I hope so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom