OT: Your Best Where Is That Binking Camera moment | The Boneyard

OT: Your Best Where Is That Binking Camera moment

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This could be an entertaining diversion. Let's see.

Mine: In a drift boat fishing trout on the Lower Madison in MT with my son in law in early summer a few years ago. About a mile upstream from where Cherry Creek enters for those who might know. It's pretty wide and shallow there. Couple of hundred yards ahead of us a big hawk swooped down and caught one of our fish! Big hawk and a really nice fish. The hawk had a real struggle to gain altitude but eventually pulled it off and disappeared behind a bluff on the west side of the river.

We admired what we'd just witnessed. Less than a minute later the hawk was back, scrambling east like mad. A few seconds behind comes this Bald Eagle, rapidly closing the distance. The hawk, sensing the need for self-preservation more than dinner, let the fish out of its talons. The eagle had that fish in a second in mid-air and went on its way.

What I wouldn't give to have that on video.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Mine: In a drift boat fishing trout on the Lower Madison in MT with my son in law in early summer a few years ago. About a mile upstream from where Cherry Creek enters for those who might know. It's pretty wide and shallow there. Couple of hundred yards ahead of us a big hawk swooped down and caught one of our fish! Big hawk and a really nice fish. The hawk had a real struggle to gain altitude but eventually pulled it off and disappeared behind a bluff on the west side of the river.

We admired what we'd just witnessed. Less than a minute later the hawk was back, scrambling east like mad. A few seconds behind comes this Bald Eagle, rapidly closing the distance. The hawk, sensing the need for self-preservation more than dinner, let the fish out of its talons. The eagle had that fish in a second in mid-air and went on its way.

Ok, I'll bite this is a metaphor about Muffet, Mulkey or Dawnand Geno right? They are the Hawk, the fish is this years NC and Geno's, you know, the Eagle. Am I correct?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ok, I'll bite this is a metaphor about Muffet, Mulkey or Dawnand Geno right? They are the Hawk, the fish is this years NC and Geno's, you know, the Eagle. Am I correct?

A good laugh. VG.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
In Alaska -Anchorage area - walking a ski lift area birding with my mom and guide Aaron. It's Memorial day, absolutely beautiful, and we've been talking wildlife encounters, the reality and rarity of them, etc. etc. Aaron and mom are walking ahead, and he's just scooped up some blondish, longish hairs and is explaining how they're moose hairs and how, since it was the season when mama moose were wandering with their baby mooses, we needed to be alert and wary 'cause mama's could be as protective as hell.

So yes, we're walking, and I'm scanning as their talking and walking 15-20 yards in front of me. I look to my left... and there's a mama moose and her two calves. Calmly staring at me. Also about 15-20 yards away.

I quietly and urgently mutter under my breath to the two ahead, "Moose left! Moose left! Moose left" They mostly ignore me thinking I'm goofing... and then Aaron throws a glance over his shoulder. There's a hitch in his stride as he says, "Keep walking."

"That's what I'm doing," say I. "And.... moose left!!!!!"

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Gee so many. I was walking down a typical NY street one day while in my twenties. I walked past 3 youths all under 15. One pulls out a .357, puts it in my face and says "Ever see one of these before?" I looked at him and said, "No, can't say as I have", and kept walking. Certain I'd be shot in the back. Well I'm here today.

Or the first day on my job. I worked 25 years with the mentally and physically disabled. The floor I first walked on had a mix of borderline to profoundly dumb, sexually active and inactive, male and female, verbal and non-verbal, passive and criminally violent, 18 to 60 years old. A mess. It was the loudest place I'd ever been and on display was every disgusting, frightening, and self abusive behavior you can imagine. I walked into the day room and a young female resident grabbed my gentiles. I nearly quit right there.

Maybe another time I'll tell you of my lost weekend at Woodstock. The Woodstock.

Reaction Score

Rocky, you should like this and some others as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom