OT ...Yale Bowl is 100 | The Boneyard

OT ...Yale Bowl is 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Listening to the pre-game for The Dogs and The Bulls I am reading some history on The Yale Bowl
http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-yale-bowl-100th-anniv-0919-20140918-story.html#
As I go back into memory lane I realize I had two of the best days in my life at The Bowl and now realize it. Neither involved UCONN although I followed the team in those days I did not attend many games.
The first was attending a Giants vs Cowboys game in "73" with a wheel chair bound rabid Cowboy fan. I the power behind the chair of my best friend being a Giants fan, we managed to get along because I actually had a lot of respect for a couple of boys players at the time.

Long story short we get to The Bowl and realize there is no signage or information for handicapped areas and every thing is stairs everywhere we look. In a panic as game time was getting close I got a ticket manager to help and did he ever. He says to calm down and follow me, we go a ways in the entry level and come to a big steel door and he unlocks it and we proceed with no idea of where we are. Concrete tunnel a turn or two and another big steel door, he unlocks it and opens an entrance to the field! I stood and my friend sat next to and just behind the Dallas bench. Not the best view for a football game but you could never have told us that. There was a foux fence separating those of us and the team and we were allowed to move around. Several players went out of their way to reach over and give my friend a pat or hand shake as he held his Cowboys banner.

My other would be 1980, The Eagles, Heart and The Little River Band. Did not expect the sound to be so good for an outdoor venue. A great date that day was frosting on the cake.

Reaction Score
Five minutes before kickoff and you post this garbage?
My post was before the game, this reply is at the half. Your remark comes while the game is being played. What is your point? Why would one go out of the way to comment on garbage at such a crucial point in life?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Woof 101 said:
My post was before the game, this reply is at the half. Your remark comes while the game is being played. What is your point?

My point is who gives a about your trip down memory lane. Bring that crap to the Yale board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom