OT WTF - ad.doubleclick.net | The Boneyard

OT WTF - ad.doubleclick.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SpamAd.JPG

OK, it's been going on month's now, at random times, and during random posts, I click the back button, and nothing happens. I then click the drop down menu to go back and I get 100's of these!?!??! Happens at work and at home.

Is this some attempt to fake more traffic through this site or something?

I end up having to click on the forum link just to get back to perusing posts.

Anyone getting this? It's a bit irritating.

/rant

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i have been getting popups like this the past couple days now. not sure if it me or the site...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
View attachment 1076

OK, it's been going on month's now, at random times, and during random posts, I click the back button, and nothing happens. I then click the drop down menu to go back and I get 100's of these!?!??! Happens at work and at home.

/rant

I've had troubles with the the "back" arrow not working since I joined but do not see those messages in my drop down menu afterwards.

Reaction Score
I've had troubles with the the "back" arrow not working since I joined but do not see those messages in my drop down menu afterwards.

Agreed ... backbutton works sporadically lately so I now use the sub-menus at the bottom of each page ...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm no expert, but something might be wrong if we can't use the back button on here but the site automatically changes the word cock to rooster. Just sayin.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm no expert, but something might be wrong if we can't use the back button on here but the site automatically changes the word rooster to rooster. Just sayin.

Exhibit A: My original post had a different word for the 1st rooster yet I had to hit the Home button to get back to this thread.

Reaction Score
I've never gotten a single pop-up ad here. If I am correct, you need to find a way to keep "cookies" clear.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
i have been getting popups like this the past couple days now. not sure if it me or the site...

There are absolutely no pop-ups run on this site. What os and browser are you using?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
What os and browser are you using?

View attachment 1076

/rant

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
vista and IE 9. been getting intermittent back button history clog for a while. Usually just hit forum as a work around.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
There are absolutely no pop-ups run on this site. What os and browser are you using?

its just me then. i have a old lp with ie on it and just don't care much about it. i chat post from my phone a lot so between that and my lack of a couple keys on the lp its my usual slang grammar...seems like i have a pop up issue tho. it happens randomly which is weird. it happened when i clicked on things for this site and a few others but not on some other sites...hmm

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I've had several ad redirects when I've tried to navigate a page. I'm using Chrome, but it has nothing to do with the browser - there are a ton of agents on the pages and occasionally, one of them is bound to do something it probably shouldn't.

I'm also getting a huge number of Mitt Romney ads which make me laugh given the Cesspool bent.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
its just me then. i have a old lp with ie on it and just don't care much about it. i chat post from my phone a lot so between that and my lack of a couple keys on the lp its my usual slang grammar...seems like i have a pop up issue tho. it happens randomly which is weird. it happened when i clicked on things for this site and a few others but not on some other sites...hmm

One quirk in this script is it tends to jump as its loading. If you click a post or forum link before the full page loads, sometimes the ad gets clicked by mistake.

Reaction Score
At work, Windows XP IE 7, at home Win 7 64bit IE 8. I don't get any pop ups, it's just that the back button has 100's of these in it's history. It's really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom