OT: World Series | The Boneyard

OT: World Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cards bullpen is lights out huh? Really didn't watch them all that much but the flamethrowers they have is really fun to watch..........

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Last night was the Red Sox's turn to play like they were in Williamsport.

Wacka was dealing last night but his pitch count was getting more out of control with every passing inning. He was averaging about 17 pitches per inning and was lucky to get out of the 6th with only the homerun as damage. The kids in the Cards' bullpen were lights out.

Reaction Score
Question or thoughts from baseball fans.......unwritten "rules/ethics" of the game:

Shane Victorino trying to throw out Freese at 1st on a base hit the other night with 2 outs in the 9th? Just curious..............I know many here despise the unwritten rule designations but want to see what others think.........

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Question or thoughts from baseball fans.......unwritten "rules/ethics" of the game:

Shane Victorino trying to throw out Freese at 1st on a base hit the other night with 2 outs in the 9th? Just curious..............I know many here despise the unwritten rule designations but want to see what others think.........
Its not not like running across and over the pitcher's mound...it's not even bunting for a basehit to break up a no hitter. Bottom line, I don't have a problem with trying to throw out a runner at first from right field. Now if you kick the ball to first, that's a different matter altogether...

Reaction Score
Its not not like running across and over the pitcher's mound...it's not even bunting for a basehit to break up a no hitter. Bottom line, I don't have a problem with trying to throw out a runner at first from right field. Now if you kick the ball to first, that's a different matter altogether...

Bunting for a base hit to break up a no hitter is dependent on the score too.......if it's 1 or 2 zip I have no issue whatsoever you need to get on to score and try to win the game right? Now 8-1 in the 9th would be absolute bush.......

Reaction Score
Tough way to end a World Series game. Obstruction? Yikes.

Reaction Score
Red Sox just need to let trail runners take 3rd for the rest of the series, that was too risky a throw for Salty to make in that situation. Let him have 3rd, you have Uehara on the mound, you should be confident in him getting out of there and on to the 10th.

Reaction Score
Seems to me such a rule can cause mayhem. From now on, the smart play is to collide with the 3rd baseman and be awarded home.

Reaction Score
As the rule is written, it may be the correct call, but in the spirit of the game, especially in a world series, that needs to be a play on.

Reaction Score
Awful call. Middlebrooks is out of the basepath, Craig gets up and turns the wrong way and is awarded obstruction by the same homeplate umpire who had a horribly inconsistent (both ways) strikezone all night and gave Beltran first when a seam of the ball knicked his armguard that hangs 3 inches of his person and he made zero effort to get out of the way.

Sorry but very frustrating day!

Reaction Score
It was the right call Middlebrooks certainly didnt make an effort to get out of the way he layed on the ground like an 80 year old just fell from a walker, it takes .05 seconds to get up, Salty was an idiot in the first place to throw that ball to 3rd like a previous poster stated.

Reaction Score

How many times has a third/second baseman thrown Papi out from right field on the shift? Part of the game.

Reaction Score
It was the right call Middlebrooks certainly didnt make an effort to get out of the way he layed on the ground like an 80 year old just fell from a walker, it takes .05 seconds to get up, Salty was an idiot in the first place to throw that ball to 3rd like a previous poster stated.
I would agree with the call if Craig was even close to the basepath.

If steroids are such an asterisk for baseball, rules (and calls) like this are an even bigger one. It's a play that will deservedly drive people away from baseball.

Reaction Score

He's trying to get up as Craig climbs over him and pushes him down!

Reaction Score
I would agree with the call if Craig was even close to the basepath.

If steroids are such an asterisk for baseball, rules (and calls) like this are an even bigger one. It's a play that will deservedly drive people away from baseball.

I have to see the replay again in real time it did look like it was obstruction, steroids are another issue, sterioids drove people to watch the game lets not kid ourselves people wanna see home runs, chicks dig the longball.

Reaction Score
He's trying to get up as Craig climbs over him and pushes him down!

im looking at it again and stand by my opinion his feet are clearly on the basepath and his foot is even on the bag.

Reaction Score
im looking at it again and stand by my opinion his feet are clearly on the basepath and his foot is even on the bag.
Uh...

Craig was about 6 inches from the chalk. Why?

Reaction Score

Even looking at the freeze image of the video the play takes place at least a foot away from the bag....

Reaction Score
BXj4M4_IYAANAeg.jpg
Either way it was a total freak play in the most crucial of moments. If they don't call obstruction it would be Cards fans with a huge beef. Salty just needs to be thankful Pedroia makes the play of a lifetime and hold onto that ball for dear life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom