OT - Wolverines' Red Berenson planned to retire, but now isn't sure | The Boneyard

OT - Wolverines' Red Berenson planned to retire, but now isn't sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Warde may have his first coach search @ UM coming:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...michigan-hockey-red-berenson-retire/82387520/

>>Berenson said he doesn’t have a calendar on when he might make the decision, but he doesn’t want it to drag out, either. He plans to meet with new U-M athletic director Warde Manuel soon.

“Hopefully, something’s done within the month, but I can’t promise you that,” Berenson said. “I’d like to know, too.”

Told he’s probably in the driver’s seat on knowing his own future, Berenson said: “Well, I’m in the driver’s seat, but I’d like to know for sure if I’m coming back, why I’m coming back and what kind of a team we have and so on.

“And if I’m not, we’ll talk about that with Warde. I want to do what’s best for the program, too. It’s not just about me.”<<

Reaction Score
Warde may have his first coach search @ UM coming:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...michigan-hockey-red-berenson-retire/82387520/

>>Berenson said he doesn’t have a calendar on when he might make the decision, but he doesn’t want it to drag out, either. He plans to meet with new U-M athletic director Warde Manuel soon.

“Hopefully, something’s done within the month, but I can’t promise you that,” Berenson said. “I’d like to know, too.”

Told he’s probably in the driver’s seat on knowing his own future, Berenson said: “Well, I’m in the driver’s seat, but I’d like to know for sure if I’m coming back, why I’m coming back and what kind of a team we have and so on.

“And if I’m not, we’ll talk about that with Warde. I want to do what’s best for the program, too. It’s not just about me.”<<
How would Red know about what kind of team he is gonna have coming back? He's the head coach! He has some really good classes coming in the next few years..

Reaction Score
Red Berenson will return as Michigan hockey coach

>>Long-time Michigan hockey coach Red Berenson announced Sunday at the team banquet he will return for his 33rd season as the Wolverines’ head coach.

“I’m here today to say I had a meeting with Warde Manuel and this will not be my last hockey banquet,” Berenson, 76, told the crowd.

New Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel told reporters Friday he had met with Berenson and said he hoped Berenson, who had been considering retirement, would stay.

“I want him to stay if he wants to stay,” Manuel said last Friday. “I was proud of the team and what they had done this year. We’ve had discussions and I’ve shared my thoughts and he shared his thoughts. Hopefully here in the future, I’m not going to put a time limit on it, a decision will be announced about what he wants to do.”

Manuel was a hockey administrator when he previously worked in Michigan’s athletic department.

“I learned a lot from Red,” he said.<<

Reaction Score
How would Red know about what kind of team he is gonna have coming back? He's the head coach! He has some really good classes coming in the next few years..

Is he involved with recruiting at all? Or has he become a figure head? I can't tell if he's talking about the team or tomorrow's lunch menu ....

Reaction Score
Is he involved with recruiting at all? Or has he become a figure head? I can't tell if he's talking about the team or tomorrow's lunch menu ....
My neighbor's nephew just committed to play there not too long ago and she said Red was pretty involved in his recruitment....or as involved as Jerry York was (along with Cav) with her other nephew who is finishing up his senior season at BC this week.

Reaction Score
My neighbor's nephew just committed to play there not too long ago and she said Red was pretty involved in his recruitment....or as involved as Jerry York was (along with Cav) with her other nephew who is finishing up his senior season at BC this week.
What's your neighbor's nephew's name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69