OT - Winter X Games | The Boneyard

OT - Winter X Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I've been watching for several days and these guys are just sick. What they can do on a snowboard in the half pipe is ridiculous but kind of low key compared to other events. I watched a guy on skis take off a 30 foot jump going backwards - yes he approached the monster jump going backwards on skis.

Where does one practice this stuff learning how to do these tricks. And who says I want to be upside down 4 times on this trick? Seriously approaching insanity.

But than surpassing insanity are the guys on the friggin snow mobiles flipping over backwards on a 400+ pound (guessing) machine. Who ever decided that was a good idea? I watched one guy the other night dig the skis of the sled in on the landing tossing him foward and the machine ran over him. No, he wasn't concerned about being run over; he ran over to the machine to figure out if they could repair it for his second run.

A few minutes ago, I just watched a guy do a flip in the air while turning his body and landing backwards on the snow mobile. It's never been done before and he gets to name the trick. It's now officially the "Gator Hater".

And to top it off, while typing this, they interviewed the guy who won the snow mobile best trick and he says 'I broke my neck last year and didn't know if I could ever ride again.' I have to imagine breaking your neck is one of those signs that maybe that isn't something you should be doing.

Unbelievable, but fun to watch.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was watching it last night with my neighbor and we both laughed at how we grew up watching "The Agony of Defeat" clip on Wide World of Sports every weekend.

90M ski jump? Boring nowadays. That couldn't even make it as a filler event on the Winter X games.

No debate. They are world class athletes who do stuff regularly that any of us Yarders couldn't dream up on an acid trip.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If the Winter X Games were around when I was 10 I would have hit the slopes with a 4 foot long 4" x 6" and jumped rocks all day. I love watching them when I get a chance to watch. I am amazed at the ski mobilers. Crazy . I love the downhill snowboard races with 6 or 7 racers going at once and they hit the home stretch by going off that high jump.

Anyway, awesome theatre.

Reaction Score
And that guy (I used to know his name) had more than feet to agony over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom