OT: What a welcome to college! | The Boneyard

OT: What a welcome to college!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would have loved to have seen someone like this when I dropped my son off at Georgia Tech four years ago. I don't remember the speakers from his welcome convocation, but I would have remembered this guy!

Love the first years' in their RATS caps. So young, so fresh....

I kind of missed the trip to the ATL this year....

Reaction Score
I haven't listened to the speech myself but Gawker.com is reporting that it "was lifted almost wholesale from a speech given by Arizona State University debate team champ Andy Stonein 2008" and that Stone was at one point a speech, theater and debate company coach at the high school where the Georgia Tech speaker was a member of the company. (No idea why they call it a company.) Per Gawker, a Georgia Tech spokesperson says the speaker had Stone's permission, although there seem to be some doubts.

Reaction Score
Great speech ! even if it's not original

The response was pathetic, I would have been yelling, and sprinting to class.

Reaction Score
Great speech ! even if it's not original

The response was pathetic, I would have been yelling, and sprinting to class.

I heard that the video does not do the crowd reaction justice. This was on Sunday evening after a full day of orientation activities. Kids were tired. And they were wearing those silly RATS caps that is a Tech freshman requirement. And they may have been thinking...."holy crap...what have I gotten myself into?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom