OT Westfield Air Show | The Boneyard

OT Westfield Air Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
If you have never been to one, the military air shows are really a lot of fun. With 200K + of my new best friends on Sunday we saw a great exhibition of not only the Blue Angels but the F22 Raptor.

I just started editing my shots but here is one I call, "The old & new"

20150517-_Z6U4717.jpg

Reaction Score
If you have never been to one, the military air shows are really a lot of fun. With 200K + of my new best friends on Sunday we saw a great exhibition of not only the Blue Angels but the F22 Raptor.

View attachment 9566
Was at one at the Will Rogers OKC International AP---They had a huge Russian cargo plane , claimed it required 4 pilots, Flew it around the Air port like a fighter. The P/F-51 Those that fly it say you wear it like a suit, it feels like a part of you. They had a Stealth Fighter/bomber there but obviously I couldn't see it---it's stealth!! Lots of nice old and new ---don't miss the Westfield (old Army Air Corp WW2 base) Mass
show. This is not Westover AFB--it's in Westfield. I always mixed them up. Yes the Stealth was actually there.

Reaction Score

View attachment 9566
Good post, air shows are not only a great wow factor but with Memorial Day approaching a great reminder or learning lesson for the young. Not wanting to rant on The World wars or our enemies at the time but the air superiority displayed at these shows are a large part of the equation of why our country speaks English. (OK for the most part.) ;)

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Here are a couple of the Blue Angels - an amazing team

20150517-_z6u4901.jpg

20150517-_z6u4916.jpg

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
and the original post in better size

20150517-_z6u4717.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

View attachment 9566
Just on edit, it wasn't the Westfield air show. Although they've had them there before. It was at Westover. Which is in Chicopee. Other side of the river.

150K on Sat, 225K on Sunday. Didn't go this year, have been in the past, but did see many of the planes flying overhead all weekend.

Reaction Score
Just on edit, it wasn't the Westfield air show. Although they've had them there before. It was at Westover. Which is in Chicopee. Other side of the river.

150K on Sat, 225K on Sunday. Didn't go this year, have been in the past, but did see many of the planes flying overhead all weekend.
I guess I wasn't the only one mixing up Westfield (the old Army Air Corp Westfield Field) Just north of there is a Park in NorthHampton named for a relative in WWII. Just North of EastHampton is a great Civil War Yankee Cemetery , most killed the Near Richmond "Wilderness". Virginians aren't the only ones who have memories

Reaction Score
For information, the Quonset Rhode Island National Guard Air show is coming up May 30, 31st, at Quonset Rhode Island at a naval air station on the coast. The show will feature the Blue Angels, as well as many other aerial performances and static displays of many military aircraft. The gates open at 9 AM, flying starts at 10 AM, and the flying ends at 4:30 PM each day. Admission is free, but there is a $ 10 donation requested to help a local childrens hospital.

There is plenty of parking available for this well attended event, however there is little shade, and no public seating. You might want to bring a hat, and a lawn chair.
You should be able to google Quonset Air Show for more info.

Reaction Score
For information, the Quonset Rhode Island National Guard Air show is coming up May 30, 31st, at Quonset Rhode Island at a naval air station on the coast. The show will feature the Blue Angels, as well as many other aerial performances and static displays of many military aircraft. The gates open at 9 AM, flying starts at 10 AM, and the flying ends at 4:30 PM each day. Admission is free, but there is a $ 10 donation requested to help a local childrens hospital.

There is plenty of parking available for this well attended event, however there is little shade, and no public seating. You might want to bring a hat, and a lawn chair.
You should be able to google Quonset Air Show for more info.
Quonset Point (formerly NAS) is a good spot for a Blue Angels Air show. Also not too far from the Old Davisville Sea Bee Base (Bees of the 7 Seas)
Too bad the old Charlie town (really Charlestown NAF R.I) is now a development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom