OT: TV shows you miss | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: TV shows you miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Kolchak: The Night Stalker. So campy it hurt. Darren McGavin was a stitch as a newsman tracking down goullies, ghosteys and other things that went bump in the night. Just 1 season. On Netflicks now.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I was going through M*A*S*H on Netflix last fall. Got midway through season 2. Went to watch more and found that it left Netflix. Sad day.

Currently re-watching The O.C. and Skins (not the terrible US remake, obv).

They had this huge purge of their "library" for reasons I'll never understand. :confused: Just checked out Skins. I'll be watching. Thanks

Peaky Blinders is something worth checking out too.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
In the day, I watched a lot of the series mentioned, like Hawai'i Five-0, Star Trek, Munsters, Happy Days, Ironside, etc. They were great for their time, I'm not sure I object to shows having their run and ending.

Now - folks mentioned Iron Chef. The US version with the incomparable Alton Brown was actually a favorite of mine. But better in the middle than late episodes. As to shows from the Food Network /HGTV stable, I really, really enjoy Mike Holmes' shows. I see he has something coming back on dealing with home inspections. Even though he never actually did so much of the hands on work as portrayed on prior series - my engineer brother-in-law from New Orleans was involved with the Katrina episodes Holmes did, and Mike doing hands-on work were "posed", if you will. That said, the man has done wonders in charity and in teaching basics to many, many folks, particularly in his home country, Canada.

Reaction Score
In no special order:

Morse
The Sopranos
Foyle's War
Dead Like Me
Deadwood
Six Feet Under
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Boardwalk Empire
Fargo (also, great movie)

You always remember your first: Howdy Doody (thought "doody" was funny)

Reaction Score
In no special order:

Morse
The Sopranos
Foyle's War
Dead Like Me
Deadwood
Six Feet Under
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Boardwalk Empire
Fargo (also, great movie)

You always remember your first: Howdy Doody (thought "doody" was funny)

It is OK to buy Morse now. I will wait a year or two for Foyle's War price to come down.
Both from Amazon UK. US prices are ridiculously high.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
-Murder She Wrote
-Three's Company
-Gilligan's Island
-Bewitched
-Happy Days
-I Dream of Jeannie
great list... never saw Murder She Wrote tho

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Science Fiction Theater 3000. Soap. Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. Grace Under Fire. The Smothers Brothers.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
MST3K is coming back! With new episodes on Netflix! Yeah, it won't be the same as when Joel was there (who I always liked a bit more than Mike) but, still, new episodes!

Reaction Score
The original Equalizer
Brimstone
The Rockford Files
Soul Train
the first two years of Mad About You

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Friday Night Lights.

Parks and Recreation.

Did I mention FNL?

Clear eyes; full hearts; can't lose.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
It is OK to buy Morse now. I will wait a year or two for Foyle's War price to come down.
Both from Amazon UK. US prices are ridiculously high.

Foyle's War, a depiction of detective work in England during WWII, streams on Netflix. A truly great series.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts...."Friday Night Lights"

Also,
- "Person of Interest"
- Early seasons of "ER"
- "Party of Five" and "Everwood" (kind of watched for same reason...)

But mostly miss Coach and Tami Taylor.....

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'd like to see a replay of the MST3K featuring Manos: the Hands of Fate. Back in the day, it was the #1 worst movie ever on IMDB's Bottom 100.

Reaction Score
Foyle's War, a depiction of detective work in England during WWII, streams on Netflix. A truly great series.

Some unsolicited tips on buying from Amazon UK:

British TV is usually a lot cheaper to buy from Amazon UK.
Off the top of my head I can think of only two shows whose DVDs are cheaper on Amazon US - The Irish RM and Mapp and Lucia.
Prime Suspect DVDs are cheaper in UK but the BDs are available only in the US.

US TV shows are almost always a lot cheaper on Amazon. MASH is a notable exception. This is one of the few US shows which has
its own Euro region DVDs. As a result it is a lot cheaper. The DVDs are usually identical. Some bonus material can be different. This
is occasionally not the case for movies. The transfer to BD (sometimes transfer to DVD) can result in changed color or sound. Subtitles can be missing etc.

You can get a lot of cheap British DVDs made in European countries on Amazon UK. There is a huge demand for British mysteries in Europe and complete DVD sets (sometimes complete BD sets)
are available from Spain, Scandinavia and the low countries at greatly reduced prices usually without English subtitles. Sometimes Dutch, Spanish or Danish subtitles cannot be turned
off in these ersatz productions. The shipping cost from Amazon UK is a lot lower than from Amazon Europe (Fr, It, Sp, Ger). DVDs are usually more expensive in Europe than in UK.
Disney titles from Amazon Germany are an exception but the shipping cost eats into the profit you are making.

Right now the British pound exchange rate is very low due to Brexit. Great time to buy British DVDs. Make sure Amazon Currency converter is turned on when you purchase.
I often pay less than the price quoted on Amazon UK website. I think this is because the prices include some local taxes that Amazon UK does not have to pay if they are exporting.
I got 10-17% reduction in 75-80% the DVDs I bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom