Status
Not open for further replies.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
Lexington~ Massachusetts Bay Colony
April 18, 1775

Dear Abel,

As I write this letter to you, I had just returned from drilling with the town militia. There is word that the regulars with come from Boston to take our powder and ball. This we cannot let stand! We plan to show ourselves if that is indeed the case, but tempers here run high, and I fear that blood with be splilt. It is my hope that all the rumors are false or that the King comes to his senses and does not draw blood, but if he does it will be on his hands~not ours! For far too long we have put with his most cruelty and being treated like ill favored step children. Please pray for us as we stand our ground against this most unlented misery that the King has bestowed upon us.

Please give my love to my sister and let her know that Martha send her love as well. Until we meet again, dear friend, I remain.......

Yr. Most Affectionate,
Jonah

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
ah but I am.....My father was Able and my Mother was Thankfull Cook Bachelor. I am the eldest surviving son of 5 living children. My 2 older brothers Able and Lemmuel both died as babies. My Grandfather was Reuben Bachelor of New Haven. I have 2 older sisters Rose and Bailey and 2 younger siblings, Thankfull and Lemmuel. So you see, I AM a BACHELOR

Reaction Score
Must be talking about the Yankees beating the Sox last night...

Reaction Score
Must be talking about the Yankees beating the Sox last night...
Yeah that game sucked. The team is pretty much hurting on all fronts: pitching, hitting, and fielding. I never thought losing Ellsbury would hurt this much considering they've lost stars from their lineup before and the offense more or less kept on producing. It's still early and this division promises to be tight with a bunch of teams that will beat up on each other all year, so we'll see.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
April 22, 1775
New Haven, Conn. Colony

My Dearest Friend,

It was my deepest hope that you are well and were not killed. A post rider, Israel Bissell, brought the most grave news from Lexington just this morning. As you know, I was always against the use of force against the King but once again he uses a hammer to kill a flea. I no longer wish to withhold my support. A town meeting was called and Captain Arnold is organizing the militia to march to Boston, I plan on joining them and your sister is quite upset. She cries often at the idea, but my country cries loudest.

I hope to find you when I reach Boston and I pray to God that you are well. Until then, I forever remain.....

Yr. Deepest Friend,

ABachelor

Reaction Score
Yeah that game sucked. The team is pretty much hurting on all fronts: pitching, hitting, and fielding. I never thought losing Ellsbury would hurt this much considering they've lost stars from their lineup before and the offense more or less kept on producing. It's still early and this division promises to be tight with a bunch of teams that will beat up on each other all year, so we'll see.
Thanks for giving us your best player!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Brewing trouble comes naturally to Boston: easy as brewin' tea ....

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Brewing trouble comes naturally to Boston: easy as brewin' tea ....
I was going to say that most of the brewing is done in the harbor.

Reaction Score
Thanks for giving us your best player!
First off he was not their best player. Secondly the Yankees way overpaid for him like they do with just about every FA. Thirdly if you think the Yankees are going to make it through the dog days of Summer with oft hurt and old aged relics like Jeter, Soriano, Beltran, Sabathia, Texiera, Roberts, Johnson, Suzuki, Thornton, Kuroda and not break down, you have another thing coming. Finally if you look at the farm systems, young impact major league players, and future money remaining on contracts the Red Sox are rated the franchise in the best shape to win for the next 10 years.

Reaction Score
First off he was not their best player. Secondly the Yankees way overpaid for him like they do with just about every FA. Thirdly if you think the Yankees are going to make it through the dog days of Summer with oft hurt and old aged relics like Jeter, Soriano, Beltran, Sabathia, Texiera, Roberts, Johnson, Suzuki, Thornton, Kuroda and not break down, you have another thing coming. Finally if you look at the farm systems, young impact major league players, and future money remaining on contracts the Red Sox are rated the franchise in the best shape to win for the next 10 years.
But doesn't the Yankees farm system INCLUDE the Red Sox??

Reaction Score

Yawn!

Reaction Score
In the interest of abiding by Geno's comments about cross sport support, I came here. I have season tix for football and the men. I try to attend a few women's games here and there. I do enjoy watching, just not as rabidly as the others. So I'm trying. I come over here and this is what I find? Wtf is going on with you people!!! Lol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom