OT: Traveling to Pennsylvania - I 84W Storm damage | The Boneyard

OT: Traveling to Pennsylvania - I 84W Storm damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I need to go to Pennsylvania tomorrow. If anyone lives along this route, and knows whether or not there are any obstacles due to the storm - I'd very much appreciate the heads up.

91-S to 84-W to 81-S to 80-W to exit 210 B.

Reaction Score
From what I understand, you should be good all the way to Binghamton. The route to Scranton should be OK too. As you head west from there it gets worse but, really, you have to go pretty far west in PA before it gets really bad.

I travel this route frequently and I can tell you that you are better off going RT91S to RT90W to Albany and then taking RT88W to Binghamton where you can connect to RT81S. Don't take exit B1 off of the highway in Albany. Staying on the NYS thruway instead will take you south of Albany and away from any traffic.

You can also connect to RT17/RT86W instead of RT81S off of RT88W in Binghamton and then take RT15S in Corning to get down to PA. I think RT15 and RT80 meet right at the exit you are taking. That will keep you north longer and is a nicer drive. My technician lives down in PA off of RT15, not quite as far south as you are going, and said he had no issues in his area.

I am taking my car to get a leaky tire fixed right off RT15 tommorow. I can meet you there so you can shake my hand or take a swing at me for being a in the past.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There are no traffic issues on the major highways. You can get a real-time look by just looking at Google maps.

Reaction Score
For where you are going, RT90 to RT88 it is a little longer but the drive is better. You don't have to deal with Hartford or Danbury. Albany is easier than either of them. Once you get to Binghamton, you have a choice. RT17 to Rt15 or RT81 to RT80 or even RT17 to RT 220 to RT180 . RT81 to RT80 is faster but you have to deal with Scranton. It depends on how time constrained you are and how much you like driving through places like Danbury and Hartford. Your route is the fastest but the biggest PITA too. How big depends on traffic and accidents.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Thanks. I am trying to get a flight from Bradley to Williamsport, but the flights are six to ten hours. Driving would be quicker - but I hate driving.

For where you are going, RT90 to RT88 it is a little longer but the drive is better. You don't have to deal with Hartford or Danbury. Albany is easier than either of them. Once you get to Binghamton, you have a choice. RT17 to Rt15 or RT81 to RT80 or even RT17 to RT 220 to RT180 . RT81 to RT80 is faster but you have to deal with Scranton. It depends on how time constrained you are and how much you like driving through places like Danbury and Hartford. Your route is the fastest but the biggest PITA too. How big depends on traffic and accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom