OT: The Wire (spoilers) | The Boneyard

OT: The Wire (spoilers)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Just finished the series in the past few days. It's definitely between Breaking Bad and this as my all-time favorite show. Fell in love with the characters, and that's unfortunate, because the show broke my heart a few times. Loved the way it ended, even though the nature of the show meant that many of my favorite characters had awful endings.

One thing was a bit unclear for me: the scene in the finale when Maury Levy (the lawyer for Marlo) is talking to Herc after striking up the deal to put Marlo back on the streets, he heaps praise on Herc and tells him that he's family now, because of the job he's done. I'm confused...what exactly did Herc do? I understand he got little pieces of information through the police he's friends with, but I don't see exactly what he did here. I also know he's the one who fed Marlo's cell number to Carver, which lead to the department's illegal wire tap and subsequently what sprung Marlo, but he doesn't know Herc did that...unless it was a plan from the beginning. But that doesn't make sense, because they made sure to show Herc sneaking into Levy's office and pulling the number from his rolodex himself. Anyone remember the show well enough to clear this up?

Reaction Score
Season 5 is the only one I haven't gone back to to watch a second time around so I'm a little hazy on the details, but as I remember didn't Herc tell Levy that it was probably a wire that helped them get to stanfield's cew, which Levy then knew had to be illegal, which gave him some leverage with Pearlman to keep Marlo on the street?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I think he knew that Herc was gonna get them to set up an illegal wire tap, but then again, Marlo was really careful with everything he did and only talked about business using pictures of clocks.

Reaction Score
Just finished the series in the past few days. It's definitely between Breaking Bad and this as my all-time favorite show. Fell in love with the characters, and that's unfortunate, because the show broke my heart a few times. Loved the way it ended, even though the nature of the show meant that many of my favorite characters had awful endings.

One thing was a bit unclear for me: the scene in the finale when Maury Levy (the lawyer for Marlo) is talking to Herc after striking up the deal to put Marlo back on the streets, he heaps praise on Herc and tells him that he's family now, because of the job he's done. I'm confused...what exactly did Herc do? I understand he got little pieces of information through the police he's friends with, but I don't see exactly what he did here. I also know he's the one who fed Marlo's cell number to Carver, which lead to the department's illegal wire tap and subsequently what sprung Marlo, but he doesn't know Herc did that...unless it was a plan from the beginning. But that doesn't make sense, because they made sure to show Herc sneaking into Levy's office and pulling the number from his rolodex himself. Anyone remember the show well enough to clear this up?

I don't recall the details, but just wanted to say that it's hard to describe to people who haven't watched The Wire why every other television program pales in comparison.

Reaction Score
I think he knew that Herc was gonna get them to set up an illegal wire tap, but then again, Marlo was really careful with everything he did and only talked about business using pictures of clocks.

I didn't get the sense that Levy knew that Herc had gotten Marlo's #, but all that stuff is left sort of vague.

My two favorite scenes with Levy are the Bird trial and when he has to get pimpin' ass orlando to sign over the deed to the club. "You wanted to be in the game? Well, now you're in the game."

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Season 5 is the only one I haven't gone back to to watch a second time around so I'm a little hazy on the details, but as I remember didn't Herc tell Levy that it was probably a wire that helped them get to stanfield's cew, which Levy then knew had to be illegal, which gave him some leverage with Pearlman to keep Marlo on the street?

That may be correct. I know Levy was trying to figure out how they knew; if I missed that Herc nudged him in the right direction...that's a pretty huge detail to not remember despite having seen it a few days ago. My head must have been on some other subplot during the scene.

Reaction Score
If you like The Wire try The Corner. It's a mini series by the same guy (David Simon). A lot of the same actors.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I didn't get the sense that Levy knew that Herc had gotten Marlo's #, but all that stuff is left sort of vague.

My two favorite scenes with Levy are the Bird trial and when he has to get pimpin' ass orlando to sign over the deed to the club. "You wanted to be in the game? Well, now you're in the game."
The bird trial was one of the best scenes in the show imo

Reaction Score
If you like The Wire try The Corner. It's a mini series by the same guy (David Simon). A lot of the same actors.

The Corner is good, but it's flat-out depressing.

Reaction Score
The Corner is good, but it's flat-out depressing.

Yea, I've gone through The Wire a bunch of times. The Corner was great, but that was a one time view for me.

As for the end, Herc had gone to Carver and asked how they got Marlo. I don't think he actually said, but he implied it was an illegal wiretap. So that gave Levy leverage. I don't think Levy knew that Herc gave Carver the number, Herc did that to get back at Marlo for the camera stuff from season 4.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom