OT: the Tao of Married life | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: the Tao of Married life

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I guess that I'm just lucky. Been married for 55 years to a woman I've known nearly all of my life. We grew up in the same small-town neighborhood and went to school together but never dated until after high school when she expressed an interest in cruisin' in my '52 Ford Victoria after we closed the pool where we both worked as lifeguards. (And she still looks great!) She even bought beer for me when the state law said she could do so at 18 but I had to be 21. She liked cars, cruisin', and beer - wow, the gold standard. She's sweet, never pushy, completely loyal, a great mother, and my best friend.and she still enjoys cruisin' old two-lane highways, although we no longer drink. My sympathy goes out to those who didn't find one like her.

Oh sure, she'll express an opinion when she doesn't like something; like, "Are you going to wear that shirt?" Okay, she thinks I should wear another shirt and I can live with that. She's a notorious giver-awayer of stuff to charities and I've learned to just surrender something to the donation, whether or not I'm finished using/wearing it. She prefers that I not keep "stuff" like tires, wheels, my old Schwinn bicycle, etc. even though I continue to do so. Very small prices to pay in return for the wife that I have. Everyone should be so fortunate.

Man, all you other boneyarders stink.

Nobody called out what may be the definitive Post/Handle of all time.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
All you guys telling August to buy himself a gift and pretend she sent it are nuts. If he does it, she'll blame him for humiliating her. She'll say, "You created and executed this whole plan to mock and embarrass me when you are supposed to love me? Wow, that is messed up. What you've done is just mean and twisted. I just forgot your birthday and..I didn't really forget it but the night I was going to surprise you with your favorite dinner and sex on the kitchen counter you ditched me for a last minute gig and came home at 4 am. Still, I didn't say that you messed up my whole plan because I didn't want you to feel bad, but I also had the decency not to mock you like some psycho. Sleep on the couch."

Very quickly you will realize the entire thing was your fault and you'll wonder how you could have ever thought otherwise.

angry-woman.jpg

"and you ...put..it... on... the... INTERNET?!!!!"

August_West

Reaction Score
All you guys telling August to buy himself a gift and pretend she sent it are nuts. If he does it, she'll blame him for humiliating her. She'll say, "You created and executed this whole plan to mock and embarrass me when you are supposed to love me? Wow, that is messed up. What you've done is just mean and twisted. I just forgot your birthday and..I didn't really forget it but the night I was going to surprise you with your favorite dinner and sex on the kitchen counter you ditched me for a last minute gig and came home at 4 am. Still, I didn't say that you messed up my whole plan because I didn't want you to feel bad, but I also had the decency not to mock you like some psycho. Sleep on the couch."

Very quickly you will realize the entire thing was your fault and you'll wonder how you could have ever thought otherwise.

Lets clarify (as my effects pedal should be here wednesday so we should have a good story then).
My wife did not forget my birthday. She "wished" me happy bday when I woke up that morning. She accompanied me to my birthday gig celebration in New Haven that night (which I selflessly :) co-billed as HER bday celebration too, even though hers was 2 days prior and it was the day of my bday).

So she was fully aware it was my birthday.

the issue is she chose not to honor it with either gift or card. Like I said earlier, dont particularly care on the whole. Just get a kick of the hypocrisy of it if the roles were reversed.

Reaction Score
You guys keep bringing up women recalling mistakes. That's because you guys made way too many compared to the women!

Reaction Score
Lets say you left you computer on with this thread open and your wife happened to stumble upon it and started reading through. How would that affect your life? :eek:

Reaction Score
Lets clarify (as my effects pedal should be here wednesday so we should have a good story then).
My wife did not forget my birthday. She "wished" me happy bday when I woke up that morning. She accompanied me to my birthday gig celebration in New Haven that night (which I selflessly :) co-billed as HER bday celebration too, even though hers was 2 days prior and it was the day of my bday).

the issue is she chose not to honor it with either gift or card. Like I said earlier, dont particularly care on the whole. Just get a kick of the hypocrisy of it if the roles were reversed.

So, basically you are a whiner and your wife is fine.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

So...do you think she's having an affair? Just asking...

Reaction Score
Lets clarify (as my effects pedal should be here wednesday so we should have a good story then)
What's the pedal? Just curious, I've been playing guitar for 47 years and I'm finally getting good at it.;) Have a dozen or so pedals in my rig.

August_West

Reaction Score
What's the pedal? Just curious, I've been playing guitar for 47 years and I'm finally getting good at it.;) Have a dozen or so pedals in my rig.
Strymon brigadier delay

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The lady that I have lived with for 51+ years now, who has -- when major health crises put me down for extended periods -- taken care of me and my needs better than any combination of nurse, cook, personal assistant, accountant and sex goddess could ever be expected to, has taken ill. Went into the hospital for a minor procedure -- having a kidney stone that is way to big to pass and which has been causing an unending series of UTIs pulverized. 45 minute procedure, and was supposed to be on her way home by noon. 11:30m, she suddenly got nausea and uncontrollable shivering, with no fever. Her urologist was still in the building, as he had 2 other procedures to do after hers. So he comes to check on her, orders a bunch of blood work and tests, and has her admitted. So now it's my turn to try to do for her as she's done for me all these decades.

I don't mind a bit. Just wish I had a clue to how to do some of this stuff.

Reaction Score
The lady that I have lived with for 51+ years now, who has -- when major health crises put me down for extended periods -- taken care of me and my needs better than any combination of nurse, cook, personal assistant, accountant and sex goddess could ever be expected to, has taken ill. Went into the hospital for a minor procedure -- having a kidney stone that is way to big to pass and which has been causing an unending series of UTIs pulverized. 45 minute procedure, and was supposed to be on her way home by noon. 11:30m, she suddenly got nausea and uncontrollable shivering, with no fever. Her urologist was still in the building, as he had 2 other procedures to do after hers. So he comes to check on her, orders a bunch of blood work and tests, and has her admitted. So now it's my turn to try to do for her as she's done for me all these decades.

It is amazing what we can do when we have to. My dad has spent the last few years taking care of my mother. He didn't know how to do anything but his job and he'd fix things around the house here and there. He's picked up all kinds of skills. He cooks well, cleans, pays bills, makes appointments etc. It isn't that hard, just new to him. You'll be fine. Just ask her what you can do for her, she'll tell you. Also, tell her not to feel like a burden, this was part of the promise you made her.

As far as things you may really be clueless about, ask for help. If you don't know where to get help, ask here. There is a lot of brain power on The Boneyard. Also, a lot of nice people who'd probably help you themselves. I hope your wife is healthy soon.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Yikes ... that is a scary development, hopefully she'll get better soon. I'm sure you will be there for her and when in doubt, ask someone. Brilliant, huh? Best wishes!

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Hang in there Rich. You have the right sensibility. If you don't know, ask. Especially when it comes to doctors and nurses. Ask questions until you get answers.

I hope this is a minor bump and she's out of there soon.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Blessings to you and yours Rich... We may joke about their puzzling ways but they are still our better halves...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Best of luck to and her Rich.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score

You'll do okay and I hope that she does too.

Reaction Score

RichZ a caring man like yourself who has seen what others can do for you will find this easy I am sure. Your best will be all she needs and the best of wishes to you and your better half sincerely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom