OT; The only thing that makes sense, Brady did it. | The Boneyard

OT; The only thing that makes sense, Brady did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yep, he didn't think it was any big deal because he has been doing it for years. So have a bunch of other QBs. Brady wasn't the only one.

The Ravens knew because Flacco probably does it. They told the Colts. The Colts spilled the beans.

This isn't a conspiracy theory because there isn't any conspiracy. It's a guess. It's speculation. But it is logical. A QB's grip on a football is like a wine tasters taste buds, well trained and sensitive. Brady had to know. Had to.

Reaction Score
Did u listen to the press conference??? Unless something huge comes out in the investigation, then this was a pure witch hunt. We will see what the video tapes show.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Plausible deniability. Sure Brady knew what was going on, but he didn't need to tell the equipment guy explicitly to take the air out. It was a wink and a nod kind of thing, without the wink. Normally in this situation you'd say it's the coverup, not the crime, that gets you in trouble. But now I'm thinking there may not be enough evidence for anybody to even bother covering up. The league might decide to hand down punishment to the team based on the fact that 11 out of 12 balls were underinflated, but I wouldn't bet that any individuals will get punished by the league at this point. If the Patriots were going to sacrifice a scapegoat from the equipment staff, they would've done it by now and they haven't.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Plausible deniability. Sure Brady knew what was going on, but he didn't need to tell the equipment guy explicitly to take the air out. It was a wink and a nod kind of thing, without the wink. Normally in this situation you'd say it's the coverup, not the crime, that gets you in trouble. But now I'm thinking there may not be enough evidence for anybody to even bother covering up. The league might decide to hand down punishment to the team based on the fact that 11 out of 12 balls were underinflated, but I wouldn't bet that any individuals will get punished by the league at this point. If the Patriots were going to sacrifice a scapegoat from the equipment staff, they would've done it by now and they haven't.
More than likely they filled the balls to 12.5 psi at room temperature. The thing is there isn't a time when the balls are out of site. Once the NFL reviews the footage it their will be proof of no tampering. I'll bet the whiners will come up with something like, "well what do you expect Belichick controlled the cameras. Think he'd give them footage of the ball tampering?"

Reaction Score
Brady is definitely being thrown under the bus for this one so let's see how much of a team player he is. If he bites the bullet and takes the league's slap on the wrist it'll be blown over by draft day.

Reaction Score
Bill B took all the pressure off Brady with yesterday's news Conf. And put it on his back. He basically said we did everything right and this is how the balls deflated based on his theory/simulation. You guys are all speculating. Prove me wrong or find a smoking gun. If not F Off!! Case closed we are moving on to the SB.
He was defiant, he showed his players he had their backs and they and the fans will now rally behind him. This was BB at his best.

Reaction Score
Did u listen to the press conference??? Unless something huge comes out in the investigation, then this was a pure witch hunt. We will see what the video tapes show.
The illegal video tapes that the PATRIOTS TOOK?

Reaction Score
Bill B took all the pressure off Brady with yesterday's news Conf. And put it on his back. He basically said we did everything right and this is how the balls deflated based on his theory/simulation. You guys are all speculating. Prove me wrong or find a smoking gun. If not F Off!! Case closed we are moving on to the SB.
He was defiant, he showed his players he had their backs and they and the fans will now rally behind him. This was BB at his best.

AND NO ONE BOUGHT IT.

Reaction Score
AllBill needed was the players and Pat fans to buy it and from what I read and hear they have. He knows 90% of the fan hate the Pats. He's only talking to the other 10% and to the media. And he doesn't care if you believe him or the media. He stated his theory with data to back it up. So he stating prove me wrong or find a smoking gun. If not shut up! We are moving on.

Reaction Score
An article in the Courant today agrees with Palatine's assessment.

Reaction Score
I'm proud of Brady, Belichick and the Pats. They push the envelope---within the outer boundaries of the rules---and win. It happens in business all the time. The losers whine to the media and drone on about about the integrity of the game but it's really all about jealousy. They wish they had the smarts to have thought of it first.

Reaction Score
I'm proud of Brady, Belichick and the Pats. They push the envelope---within the outer boundaries of the rules---and win. It happens in business all the time. The losers whine to the media and drone on about about the integrity of the game but it's really all about jealousy. They wish they had the smarts to have thought of it first.

I would agree with that if it were true. They clearly went beyond the rules. They are in cheaters territory. The only question is who is the guilty party?

Reaction Score
I would agree with that if it were true. They clearly went beyond the rules. They are in cheaters territory. The only question is who is the guilty party?
Do you have any other hobbies other than sports and politics?

Reaction Score
Do you have any other hobbies other than sports and politics?
Many. Cigar smoking. Writing. Astronomy. Science Fiction. Cats (though that's probably more of a life style choice). Travel. I also enjoy beer and wine.

Reaction Score
Stairmaster said:
Or the basketball board, there are people there who wouldn't hesitate to pin this to Phil Nolan.

The guys behind me at the game yesterday all but accused him of kidnapping Emilia Earhart.

Reaction Score

If they taped the Rams walk through prior to that Superbowl that is outright cheating. If communication links for visitors at Pats home games are tampered with that is cheating.

Technically deflating the balls is cheating. Everything that team has done is now tainted. The Pats are the Barry Bonds home run record of football. If you are consistent you should be proud of Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire and AROD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger