OT: T'eo a fraud? | Page 12 | The Boneyard

OT: T'eo a fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BAym95OCUAAUHSj.jpg:large
SEC players are also legendary for being man-whores.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame President speaks out.

00000022-8880.jpg

If you go on line with the Washington Post, they have already determined that ND was pushing this story after they knew the dead woman never existed. I continue to stand by my initial statement, which is ND and some employees have committed acts which could be prosecuted as unfair trade practices and/or commercial fraud, and I pray to God that someone will have the guts to pursue it.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
SI: What did she study?​
TE’O: She graduated in 2011 or 2010. 2011.​
SI: What was her major?​
TE’O: Her major was in English and something. I’ll double check.​
SI: I can call Stanford and check. They have to have some record or note that she passed.​
How'd that call go, Pete? Later, fraud.​

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
SI: What did she study?​
TE’O: She graduated in 2011 or 2010. 2011.​
SI: What was her major?​
TE’O: Her major was in English and something. I’ll double check.​
SI: I can call Stanford and check. They have to have some record or note that she passed.​
How'd that call go, Pete? Later, fraud.​

According to him, je actually did call Stanford and they could not confirm that she graduated from Stanford. So he just took the part about her being a student at Stanford out of the article since he couldn't confirm it.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Now I understand how all the reporters missed this story!

There were too busy on this:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/2...ally-inches/FKhmJe2Brhxt6dUpgL73eL/story.html

I have thought from the beginning that this Manit was in on the hoax. But after reading that transcrit of the interview, I am starting to doubt it. While it seems unbelievable to me...he might just be the naive and gullible!

I just don't get what was in it for the hoaxer. I could see doing it for a couple of weeks and thinking it was funny. But to do it for over a year and to be spending all night on a phone, getting multiple people involved, and so on...it just seems crazy.

Reaction Score
I just don't get what was in it for the hoaxer. I could see doing it for a couple of weeks and thinking it was funny. But to do it for over a year and to be spending all night on a phone, getting multiple people involved, and so on...it just seems crazy.

*IF* true,
Just further evidence that there are really some sad folks with nothing better to do with their lives.

Or,
they were hoping to cash in after Te'o signed his NFL contract.

Reaction Score
According to him, je actually did call Stanford and they could not confirm that she graduated from Stanford. So he just took the part about her being a student at Stanford out of the article since he couldn't confirm it.
In fairness, a school, especially a private one, frequently will not confirm via telephone or email that a student is currently enrolled to a random inquiry. By law, a student is allowed to block their status as a student from being searched publicly through the university.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Or,
they were hoping to cash in after Te'o signed his NFL contract.

Then why kill off the girlfriend? This would make sense if they strung it along until he was in the NFL. But to kill her off, that would end your money train.

Reaction Score
Then why kill off the girlfriend? This would make sense if they strung it along until he was in the NFL. But to kill her off, that would end your money train.

Oh I suppose the family could come back and say they're struggling and need his help, or they want to create some (fake) fund? I dunno, trying to make sense of a senseless situation.

Whatever happened, someone is a very sick puppy.

Reaction Score
So what I take from that article is that at the very least he lies about the relationship when he responded about them meeting at a game. I still don't see how he could be that stupid as to not see the hoax if he really wasn't involved.

Reaction Score
Mormons and ND fans are the most likely to believe he was a victim.

So much hate for Te'o and ND. :(

Reaction Score
I think there's a pretty simple way to really start to sort out what the hell is going here. This is a star linebacker, at Notre Dame, heisman trophy candidate, face all over TV. College age kids like that, usually don't have trouble attracting members of the opposite sex.

Some investigative reporter out there, needs to start finding the chicks out there in Indiana that have tried to light this guy's wick, and see where they ended up with that endeavor. Occam's razor tells me that you'll find more than a few females that have done everything they can to get up on this guy, and didn't make any headway.

This guy really needed a made up girlfriend online through social media? No, I don't think so. I knew a guy that had a girlfriend in Canada a long time ago too, whenever a female approached.

Eventually turned out to be something different.

Could be wrong, but that would certainly explain the most variables the simplest way.

Reaction Score
If you go on line with the Washington Post, they have already determined that ND was pushing this story after they knew the dead woman never existed. I continue to stand by my initial statement, which is ND and some employees have committed acts which could be prosecuted as unfair trade practices and/or commercial fraud, and I pray to God that someone will have the guts to pursue it.

I agree BL. There are a couple of simple ways to explain this whole thing. I think it's likely that he's got some issues with his sexuality, and this online relationship was an easy way to avoid confronting something like that. It sure would be interesting to interview any girls that have had relationships, real relationships with Mr. Te'o. The alternatives are two fold - #1, he's a complete moron, which certainly isn't a crime, and #2. He was explicitly involved in creating some kind of social media online game with this relationship.

That Notre Dame as an institution, perpetuated fraud, I agree with you. Yup, it happened. I wonder if anyone has the cajones to bring the charges in Indiana. Manti Te'O's involvement in that fraud, might have happened, but is not necessarily part of it, although it's hard to swallow (no pun intended) that he's dumb enough, to have not knowingly perpetuated the situation.

Reaction Score
I agree BL. There are a couple of simple ways to explain this whole thing. I think it's likely that he's got some issues with his sexuality, and this online relationship was an easy way to avoid confronting something like that. It sure would be interesting to interview any girls that have had relationships, real relationships with Mr. Te'o. The alternatives are two fold - #1, he's a complete moron, which certainly isn't a crime, and #2. He was explicitly involved in creating some kind of social media online game with this relationship.

That Notre Dame as an institution, perpetuated fraud, I agree with you. Yup, it happened. I wonder if anyone has the cajones to bring the charges in Indiana. Manti Te'O's involvement in that fraud, might have happened, but is not necessarily part of it, although it's hard to swallow (no pun intended) that he's dumb enough, to have not knowingly perpetuated the situation.

The legal theory for prosecuting requires commercial gain. If TeO clearly plotted a hoax, I'm still not sure you can have a conviction because what he would gain from it is very tenous. What ND gains from it is much more clearly commercial -- sell more tickets and sweatshirts and better compete for students.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom