OT: Stephon Marbury Remade: Positive Story | The Boneyard

OT: Stephon Marbury Remade: Positive Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I believe it was posted on here before but hell its Christmas. This is a story about an athlete who went from heaven to hell and is now back in heaven (on earth). He is idolized in China and for his life it probably was saved as a result. His overseas success story can be an inspiration to the college players who may never play in the NBA. Sure the USA is the best country in the world but its not the only country, and for those with perseverance and courage they can not only make a living but if they are wise (think saving $) they can build a retirement nest egg for their family.

So even if our players declare early, go un-drafted and get cut, there is a basketball future outside of the USA (beyond D-League) if they choose to embrace it. Someone needs to tell them to create a 10 year plan and bank/invest as much salary as they can.

As far as SM is concerned, I never really followed him but knew he was a great player (high school, college and NBA) and after seeing this video I'm very happy for him and more importantly encouraged about all our Huskies playing international ball. He probably will be the poster child for aspiring ballers who don't make it in/to the NBA for whatever reason. So lets not forget about the Rashads, Hilton, Boatrights as they try and make a living playing basketball.

Lastly considering the turmoil and inner demons he faced here in this country, along with NBA rejection, he is certainly redeemed and has become an outstanding ambassador for the US (not just basketball).

Nice video here: Linky

From the streets of Coney Island to China and now he's got freakin statue! Good for him reppin and all. :cool:

tumblr_mkg128enWv1r8193to1_500.png

Reaction Score
Good story, but you have to include the pic of him eating vasoline if you are going to post about him!

Reaction Score
Good story, but you have to include the pic of him eating vasoline if you are going to post about him!

There are many Vaseline eating stories out there but this ain't one of them. No one is perfect and not everybody is capable of picking themselves up when their down (in his case depressed and suicidal). Some will remember him by his failures (i.e. vaseline) others will remember him by his accomplishments.

I am one who admires and applauds the ones who get back up and keeps fighting, perhaps because I've had my own battles and didn't give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom