OT: Sports Illustrated | The Boneyard

OT: Sports Illustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So after suffering from the bug last week I recently was able to take a crap and actually read while doing so, rather than the hit and "runs" which were occurring for a while (that was for intczslster)…….so I read the SI article "The Z factor" which focused primarily on JB and the success he has had over the years with his 2-3 zone…….

Without going into detail, I was getting sick again thinking he actually believes it works and he's the best ever and then it finished as I had hoped. The last paragraph has a very ironic quote in it after the sentence:
…..But until other coaches fully commit to the zone, Syracuse will retain it's edge. Then JB's last quote which made me chuckle:

"The fundamental rule of coaching is, You're going to be best at the thing you do most" Man did he have a crystal ball or what ………..little did JB know he would go down to Dayton the become the BEST at losing to #11 seeds or lower by playing zone that whole game!

Love it……..SI wasn't very smart playing this article into the Dance this year after watching them spiral into oblivion at the end of the season but I am glad I read it, needed a good laugh!!

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
So after suffering from the bug last week I recently was able to take a crap and actually read while doing so, rather than the hit and "runs" which were occurring for a while (that was for intczslster)…….so I read the SI article "The Z factor" which focused primarily on JB and the success he has had over the years with his 2-3 zone…….

Without going into detail, I was getting sick again thinking he actually believes it works and he's the best ever and then it finished as I had hoped. The last paragraph has a very ironic quote in it after the sentence:
…..But until other coaches fully commit to the zone, Syracuse will retain it's edge. Then JB's last quote which made me chuckle:

"The fundamental rule of coaching is, You're going to be best at the thing you do most" Man did he have a crystal ball or what ………..little did JB know he would go down to Dayton the become the BEST at losing to #11 seeds or lower by playing zone that whole game!

Love it……..SI wasn't very smart playing this article into the Dance this year after watching them spiral into oblivion at the end of the season but I am glad I read it, needed a good laugh!!
After that article I read last week about him giving kids bad advice (on going pro) my respect level went to an all time low for him!

JB is a JOKE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01