OT: Ryder Cup picks at 10:15 this morning | The Boneyard

OT: Ryder Cup picks at 10:15 this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
http://www.golfchannel.com/topics/events/ryder-cup.htm

The link is to a page on The Golf Channel site where I am sure the picks by Davis Love
will be up as sonn as they are made at 10:15.

8 automatics based on their play....4 Captain's picks this morning....Ryder Cup Sept. 28-30
at Medinah in Chicago.

Guessing that the four will be Stricker, Dustin Johnson, Snedecker and Furyk.

Nice to see that New England's own Keegan Bradley [Woodstock Vermont] made it in the auto fashion.

Reaction Score
Cannot go wrong with those choices.

It would be interesting if they decided to shake things up with these Ryder Cups by selecting a top amateur, and/or a top female golfer.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Well...you are certainly thinking outside the box.

I assume amateurs are eligible but it would have to be a one in a million type player who had distinguished himself playing in PGA events in the 2 years leading up to the selection day. Nobody near that category this time round.

A woman? Double yikes! The last woman who went public with making the Ryder Cup and playing in the Masters and whose parents made a huge effort to get her into men's tournaments was Michelle Wie. IMO...it stunted her development...gave her a wildly inappropriate sense of entitlement...and has [so far] led to a career of underachieving to a significant degree. There was some progress in 2009 and 2010 [when she played in no men's events] but 2011 was one step back and this year has been pretty awful so far.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Not a horse whisperer but I now claim to be a golf-whisperer. Davis was listening to me....got all 4 right.

Reaction Score
Well...you are certainly thinking outside the box.

I assume amateurs are eligible but it would have to be a one in a million type player who had distinguished himself playing in PGA events in the 2 years leading up to the selection day. Nobody near that category this time round.

A woman? Double yikes! The last woman who went public with making the Ryder Cup and playing in the Masters and whose parents made a huge effort to get her into men's tournaments was Michelle Wie. IMO...it stunted her development...gave her a wildly inappropriate sense of entitlement...and has [so far] led to a career of underachieving to a significant degree. There was some progress in 2009 and 2010 [when she played in no men's events] but 2011 was one step back and this year has been pretty awful so far.

Then have the women compete against women on the other side; Likewise with the amatuers.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
They already do.
Solheim Cup....women pros.
Curtis Cup...women amateurs
Walker Cup....men amateurs

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not a horse whisperer but I now claim to be a golf-whisperer. Davis was listening to me....got all 4 right.
Well done! Now what's your prediction on our class of 2013? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32