OT - RU Commits Bailing? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT - RU Commits Bailing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
just visited their premium board, the blacknell thread is 7 pages deep already. no more 4 star guys left. strangley enough, most of their decoms were local guys. Wonder who's next?

Good question... Boggs went all in tonight but there is still a week+

Reaction Score
just visited their premium board, the blacknell thread is 7 pages deep already. no more 4 star guys left. strangley enough, most of their decoms were local guys. Wonder who's next?

Are there good quotables at least?

Reaction Score
Are there good quotables at least?

there are, the PSU premium board put the best posts in one thread,  will repost it in the morning, too tired. a couple of guys said they were not going to renew their season tickets and most blame coach Flood for not having an OC or DC in place.

Reaction Score
What I find strange is that their entire board wants Flood fired. Post about it everyday, post how he is gone after this year, but wonder why all the decommits. If you were a recruit with options and had no idea who your coach was going to be, would you sign there?

Reaction Score
What I find strange is that their entire board wants Flood fired. Post about it everyday, post how he is gone after this year, but wonder why all the decommits. If you were a recruit with options and had no idea who your coach was going to be, would you sign there?
Yes I can't believe that even now with all the decommits their still ranked in the middle of all B1G recruiting? No OC,no DC? uughh..whose next?

Reaction Score
Yes I can't believe that even now with all the decommits their still ranked in the middle of all B1G recruiting? No OC,no DC? uughh..whose next?
If Flood is a lame duck, you just have to accept the decommits and temporary hit. The irony is Flood was kept on to SAVE the recruiting class with Caroo and Hamilton, etc.

Reaction Score
Well we had a somewhat similar situation last year with PP...yet we had a good class come in. The odd thing with Rutgers is, they're entering the B1G next season, so wouldn't you think that the higher rated recruits would want to be a part of that? My guess is that they must really feel there is a lack of leadership there now...and that it won't be resolved anytime soon. The significant delay in naming new coordinators is just reinforcing that impression.

Reaction Score
We a somewhat similar situation last year with PP...yet we had a good class come in. The odd thing with Rutgers is, they're entering the B1G next season, so wouldn't you think that the higher rated recruits would want to be a part of that? My guess is that they must really feel there is a lack of leadership there now...and that it won't be resolved anytime soon. The significant delay in naming new coordinators is just reinforcing that impression.
Depends on your metric, i guess. RUs Current class, even with the decomitts, would probably still rank higher than Ps class, if you are using the recruiting sites as your barometer. Most of those kids are flipping to perceived, "bigger time" programs.

We all know the star system is flawed. If it wasnt no way we beat them two of the last three years. Still, they have traditionally done better than us at reeling in kids with more high profile offers.

Reaction Score
Depends on your metric, i guess. RUs Current class, even with the decomitts, would probably still rank higher than Ps class, if you are using the recruiting sites as your barometer. Most of those kids are flipping to perceived, "bigger time" programs.

We all know the star system is flawed. If it wasnt no way we beat them two of the last three years. Still, they have traditionally done better than us at reeling in kids with more high profile offers.
Yes..I wasn't comparing the star ratings as much as I was referring to the number of decommits. We didn't seem to have anywhere near the number that they are experiencing. That's why there must be something else at work here besides just having a coach who's on borrowed time.

Reaction Score
Wow. Rutgers is really heading into the B1G with a full head of steam. They should have parted ways with Flood. What scares me is when they do, they will probably look at Diaco.

Reaction Score
The guy's been here a month, he's ecstatic about being here, he's become the face of UConn athletics, signed on for 5, and we already have a post worried about him leaving. Being a UConn fan can be draining.

Reaction Score
Wow. Rutgers is really heading into the B1G with a full head of steam. They should have parted ways with Flood. What scares me is when they do, they will probably look at Diaco.

Turn in your membership and exit through the door on your left. Thanks and have a great day.

Reaction Score
Looks like RU just hired their coach-in-waiting.
At 66? I hope that JH's not that stupid to make RF her "signature signing" or "homerun" !! I think he turned down several higher profile opportunities but wants payback to Md whose diploma he burned ha ha. Did'nt PSU's new coach Franklin work under him too?I heard he lost 60lbs too?

Reaction Score
The guy's been here a month, he's ecstatic about being here, he's become the face of UConn athletics, signed on for 5, and we already have a post worried about him leaving. Being a UConn fan can be draining.

We've had like a million of those.

Reaction Score
If they go get Diaco, that's fine with me because it means he's done some great stuff here. We'll just turn around and throw money at another top coaching candidate. WM did a good job with this one. I have faith.

What's more important 2-3 years from now, who our coach is or how or football team is? and both is not an answer. It's the latter.

Reaction Score
If they go get Diaco, that's fine with me because it means he's done some great stuff here. We'll just turn around and throw money at another top coaching candidate. WM did a good job with this one. I have faith.

What's more important 2-3 years from now, who our coach is or how or football team is? and both is not an answer. It's the latter.
Thats a good way to look at it the way coach's bounce around today. As long as he leaves the roster stocked with good/great talent and get's to the point where he's a hot commodity for his job here it'll be a great tradeoff but until then he's here building the UConn brand/image in CFB. Conference affiliation and CR is the B1G concern for now.

Reaction Score
They need to do a better job w/ kids that come from OOS to do a PG year @ the Avons/Salisburys/Choates/Cheshire Acad., etc... It seems like if you don't have the relationship before they get here - you are @ a distinct disadvantage.

The private schools in CT have some talent. Amazes me that the CT can't see its way to including these kids in all-state and other types of awards. For the record, we did offer a 15 Choate athlete, so maybe Diaco will look near and far for D1 talent. Heck, he could take in a K-O game in West Hartford and see some legit talent being recruited to play elsewhere - and they are CT kids.

Reaction Score
At 66? I hope that JH's not that stupid to make RF her "signature signing" or "homerun" !! I think he turned down several higher profile opportunities but wants payback to Md whose diploma he burned ha ha. Did'nt PSU's new coach Franklin work under him too?I heard he lost 60lbs too?

Fair. I was thinking she now had a mid-year replacement, if necessary, not long-term.

Reaction Score
another one, Herron just flipped to wake forest, wow

he was a 3 star OG, we had offered as well before he committed to RU

Reaction Score
another one, Herron just flipped to wake forest, wow

he was a 3 star OG, we had offered as well before he committed to RU

>>"They fired coach Robo. He was a huge coach there for me and he was the guy that recruited me. Coach (Ron) Prince left also, so the two coaches that recruited me to come up there are gone. I didn't really feel the same connections with the other coaches that were up there so that was a big reason."<<

Can they go for the Baker's Dozen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34