OT - RU Commits Bailing? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - RU Commits Bailing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't get it. How would anybody choose Pitt over Arkansas and Iowa ??????????????

If there was no in$entive given (i know it's spelled with a C...shut up), then we have REALLY REALLY been missing good recruiters for the last 10 years.

Have you ever been to Fayetteville or Iowa City??? The kid grew up a half hour from Philly. ;)

Reaction Score
Have you ever been to Fayetteville or Iowa City??? The kid grew up a half hour from Philly. ;)

lol...If i was a Hawkeye fan right now, i could say "Have you ever been to Fayetteville or Pittsburgh?", and the argument would be the exact same.

Reaction Score
Something's up... Lost two 3* commits previously (CB Deion Hallmon and WR David Njoku) and now have lost two 4* commits in back to back days (WR Adonis Jennings and S Kiy Hester).

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...mitted_quarterback_addresses_iowa_rumors.html

Since it can't be the future conference concerns, I wonder if pushing kids for early commits (not just RU) is having an effect overall or if something else is amiss besides struggle this year?
Obviously, every kid is unique and has his own path to his ultimate college commitment. Many great kids back out of verbal commitments because they are young and perhaps get crushed by a combination of the pressure-filled situation of big-time recruiting and being a bit immature. It is a lot for a young kid to process.

Having said that, I can't help but think that a notable percentage of athletes attracted to a program that focuses so much on the "sizzle" would also correspondingly be more likely to flip-flop on their verbal commitment; RU spent $5 MILLION dollars on a snazzy recruit lounge, but yet have such a POS indoor practice facility that it has collapsed not once, but TWICE in the last 10 years.

RU has moved up the ladder of respectability in the last 10 years so the flashy helicopter/recruit lounge approach has obviously worked for them overall. I just think the superficiality of their approach tends to attract kids who may struggle a bit with the concept of commitment; if I like shiny things, I am more likely to be distracted by OTHER shiny things.

Reaction Score
No one wants to play for a train wreck Rutgirls program that will be in the basement of the conference.
Makes sense your profile isn't available for a PM! Whats hiding behind the curtain?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Makes sense your profile isn't available for a PM! Whats hiding behind the curtain?
Not 100% certain Nicky, but I believe Road Dog was shown the door a week or two ago for making some over the top offensive comments.

Reaction Score
Not 100% certain Nicky, but I believe Road Dog was shown the door a week or two ago for making some over the top offensive comments.
That may explain why i could'nt PM him? Thanks for the info SAMCRO.

Reaction Score
huskymdecompilet: 823103 said:
Indiana doing work... Flipped two now (Fuchs and Smith)

Waynedriko Smith, former cornerback commit, flips from Rutgers to Indiana
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...h_former_rutgers_commit_flips_to_indiana.html
Crazy....NINE decommits?! I'm not crazy enough to say RU is a "joke" or anything, but boy, they have provided a LOT of entertainment over the years & they still seem to be poised to continue that pattern. It's like there is no one more intent on continuing the old, tired stereotypes of Jersey than SUNJ itself.

Reaction Score
Always wary in the days of Photoshop but...

“@Mike_Vorkunov: Not a good sight for #Rutgers RT @SigningDayKyle: Saeed Blacknall spotted at Penn State with coach @coachjfranklin.

image.jpg

Reaction Score
Blacknall is as good as gone. He will end up at PSU, Rutgers has had 4 or 5 OC in as many years. They still have vacancies at the DC, OC and QB coach positions. They had an amazing class at the start, it's still solid, but it could have been top 25

Reaction Score
Dre Boggs CB from avon ct is now a soft verbal with his visit to wisconsin. How did we miss offering this kid? was he that far under the radar?

Reaction Score
Dre Boggs CB from avon ct is now a soft verbal with his visit to wisconsin. How did we miss offering this kid? was he that far under the radar?

They need to do a better job w/ kids that come from OOS to do a PG year @ the Avons/Salisburys/Choates/Cheshire Acad., etc... It seems like if you don't have the relationship before they get here - you are @ a distinct disadvantage.

Reaction Score
They need to do a better job w/ kids that come from OOS to do a PG year @ the Avons/Salisburys/Choates/Cheshire Acad., etc... It seems like if you don't have the relationship before they get here - you are @ a distinct disadvantage.

Strange hearing about Cheshire Academy football as I am pretty sure they did not even have a team in the 1980’s. Though, I do distinctly remember watching their basketball team, which was loaded with D1 preps, put on a clinic as they ripped my high school team every year. It was something to watch.

Reaction Score
Rutgers' commit Pete Mokwuah has scheduled an official vist to Notre Dame on 1/31/14.

Reaction Score
another one bites the dust, more to come without an OC or DC on staff yet. Kelly with his trophy

mokwuah.jpg

Reaction Score
Decommit #11. Recruiting class officially gutted...

The Official Twitter page of Saeed R. Blacknall PENN STATE WR #WeARE...
RaaShad_TTG9:37pm via Twitter for iPhone
I have officially committed to THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY #WeARE...

Gutted may be a bit strong but hey... It's Rutgers being Rutgers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Decommit #11. Recruiting class officially gutted...

The Official Twitter page of Saeed R. Blacknall PENN STATE WR #WeARE...
RaaShad_TTG9:37pm via Twitter for iPhone
I have officially committed to THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY #WeARE...

Gutted may be a bit strong but hey... It's Rutgers being Rutgers.

just visited their premium board, the blacknell thread is 7 pages deep already. no more 4 star guys left. strangley enough, most of their decoms were local guys. Wonder who's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom