OT: Robin Roberts on Pat Summitt | The Boneyard

OT: Robin Roberts on Pat Summitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
LINK

The common ground for Pat and Geno is they are both teachers.

Reaction Score
I'm really seeing Pat from a different perspective through articles like this. I formed a negative opinion of her back in the 80's while living in N.C. and seeing her when UT played NCState. She was a tough teacher/coach; berating and yelling at her players in a harsh way that seemed personal. Geno berates and yells at his players but it doesn't/didn't seem as personal. Reading here how she reached out to help Robin Roberts in her battle with cancer shows me a side of Pat that I never saw and I appreciate your posting it, Ice.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm really seeing Pat from a different perspective through articles like this. I formed a negative opinion of her back in the 80's while living in N.C. and seeing her when UT played NCState. She was a tough teacher/coach; berating and yelling at her players in a harsh way that seemed personal. Geno berates and yells at his players but it doesn't/didn't seem as personal. Reading here how she reached out to help Robin Roberts in her battle with cancer shows me a side of Pat that I never saw and I appreciate your posting it, Ice.
thats how most fans see it... IMO they 're all the same, reaching for the most out of these players/people.

another view is when its a women yelling at a player compared to a man yelling at a player

Reaction Score
thats how most fans see it... IMO they 're all the same, reaching for the most out of these players/people.

another view is when its a women yelling at a player compared to a man yelling at a player

Yes . . . especially when the man is yelling at a female player. Some just see a girl, not an athlete.

Reaction Score
I don't know...it may be a gender thing, but that's not my opinion. When I saw Pat interact with her team, even while winning, I saw a dominating personality. I remember observing how when she turned to face the bench the girls would seem to lower their heads and look up. They appeared at that time to be little girls to me. Geno, on the other hand will rant and rave and straighten his hair but the feeling I have is that the team knows that he's talking to them not as little girls but as people he respects for their ability. And if he's on a rant it's because they're not performing to their ability. Both achieved excellent results at developing players but if my daughter played basketball I would definately prefer Geno to Pat as her coach. I made my comment to Ice's posting because I am seeing Pat in a welcome, new light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom