OT: "Robert from Connecticut".....where are you? | The Boneyard

OT: "Robert from Connecticut".....where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A " Robert from Connecticut" called into the Mike Lupica show today on ESPN with a contention Derek Jeter's "negatives out weigh his positives". Robert from Connecticut went on to outline Jeter's negatives included his request to continue to have Bob Sheppard announce him when coming to bat, and that he didn't volunteer to Steinbrenner to move to third base when A-Rod was acquired.

Lupica was stunned with the stupidity of this caller, "Robert from Connecticut". My first thought, and why I'm posting this, is that "Robert from Connecticut " must troll the boneyard with comparable idiotic comments devoted to UCONN men's.

So I'm curious, Robert from Connecticut! show your self. I know you must be out there. You IDIOT!!
You were successful in embarrassing an entire state of Connecticut, Robert from Connecticut. Jerk

Reaction Score
A " Robert from Connecticut" called into the Mike Lupica show today on ESPN with a contention Derek Jeter's "negatives out weigh his positives". Robert from Connecticut went on to outline Jeter's negatives included his request to continue to have Bob Sheppard announce him when coming to bat, and that he didn't volunteer to Steinbrenner to move to third base when A-Rod was acquired.

Lupica was stunned with the stupidity of this caller, "Robert from Connecticut". My first thought, and why I'm posting this, is that "Robert from Connecticut " must troll the boneyard with comparable idiotic comments devoted to UCONN men's.

So I'm curious, Robert from Connecticut! show your self. I know you must be out there. You IDIOT!!
You were successful in embarrassing an entire state of Connecticut, Robert from Connecticut. Jerk
Sounds like the things Robert said were true,

Reaction Score
Someone called into Mike Francesa today and asked about Geno's legacy, then went on to say that Calhoun has done a better job than Coach K in the past 20 yrs. A Boneyarder?

Reaction Score
@ Robertelamin: I KNEW IT, I knew you would be a Boneyard contributor. How did I know that.

To you. and Palentine . Let's say the "negatives" you pointed out are true. Do these really come even close to "outweighing Jeter's positives". Really???? In a 20 year stellar, HOF career, these are the negatives you come up with to make your point.? You just sounded simple minded. Lupica was just so exasperated ( his words) with your call, he couldn't deal with you. It's OK to say you don't like jeter! or you are a Red Sox fan, whatever, but please come to the table with a well thought out argument. You just came off as a hater, with no knowledge about baseball. Take a breath and try and understand your motivation for your thought process...I was embarrassed for you...but hey, yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion....

Reaction Score
@ Robertelamin: I KNEW IT, I knew you would be a Boneyard contributor. How did I know that.

To you. and Palentine . Let's say the "negatives" you pointed out are true. Do these really come even close to "outweighing Jeter's positives". Really???? In a 20 year stellar, HOF career, these are the negatives you come up with to make your point.? You just sounded simple minded. Lupica was just so exasperated ( his words) with your call, he couldn't deal with you. It's OK to say you don't like jeter! or you are a Red Sox fan, whatever, but please come to the table with a well thought out argument. You just came off as a hater, with no knowledge about baseball. Take a breath and try and understand your motivation for your thought process...I was embarrassed for you...but hey, yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion....

Thank you Mrs. Jeter.

Why in the world are you so worked up about this?

Reaction Score
One caller who said he was overrated said Craig Biggio had a much better career and was a better player……there are some very stupid people out there!

Reaction Score
@BigErnMcCracken Good question.....I enjoy sports talk radio, I like to listen to both sides to a topic that presented with solid thinking and makes you think.

. I guess I've een reading so many idiotic posts on this boneyard, hearing a comparable type comment on radio just drove me nuts, just knowing it came from. Husky fan..it would have been OK if it was Robert from Massachusetts, die hard Red Sox fan. Just bad reflection on UCONN ???yep, thought about your question! that's it....

Reaction Score
derek-jeter-dating-diamond.jpeg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Gotta say that the best thing A-Rod did was deflect my Yankee dislike from Jeter. He's had a great career and I'm sorry to see him go...mostly because it will free up payroll for the Yanks.

Reaction Score
This is a bizarre thread on so many levels. Not only did the OP work up an abnormal amount of energy over one out of a thousand of idiots that call into sports talk radio daily, but he also immediately linked the state of Connecticut to this board, even though this board probably represents under 0.01% of the state population. Then, so determined to track down the offender, he creates a thread on this board in hopes of finding him, and insults him multiple times on the 0.01% chance that the same guy who called into the station also is reading the boneyard regularly. Oh, and the best part: Robert from Connecticut calling in to voice an opinion on Jeter is a bad reflection on the University. Just awesome. I can't imagine the thought process that went into this.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'm a Mets fan and will be delighted come 2015 when Jeter is no longer in the league. That being said, the negatives outweighing the positives argument is a bit irrational, even from my Yankees-hating point of view.

Reaction Score
Yeah champs99... I wouldn't expect you to read carefully my rationale and grasp it....it's really simple
1) simply based on curiosity on a hypothesis that I had that the comment of the caller was so stupid that it would possibly come from a UCONN boneyard contributor. Why do think the veteran boneyard posters don't post immediately after a game?
2) you would have to agree there have been tooo many off the wall comments submitted by some of the boneyard posters a regarding huskies BB team.
3) I was able to simply prove my point. I got satisfaction in proving my point with a simple post...

Again if the caller was Vinnie from Queens or Bruce from Bayside, I would have it alone. Confident it was a Boneyarder, I was hoping to put a mirror up to illustrate the ridiculous comments put forth on this board. Not dissent.ing comments, but comments totally without merit. Just hoping to raise the level of discourse on this board

Btw champs99 and 04, you do know we won in 2011 right?

Reaction Score
@ joober jones.....thanks, that was the impetus to my post...a ridiculous argument

Reaction Score

Wow what a devistating attack on your bromance, and this to happen on Valentines Day! My heart goes out to you...

Reaction Score
I wonder if he can make a trade....
I wonder if he could trade Mariah Carey for Kate Upton and future considerations? Now that would be a 1-9 all star lineup.

It was Mariah Carey circa 1996, not 2013.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm a Mets fan and will be delighted come 2015 when Jeter is no longer in the league. That being said, the negatives outweighing the positives argument is a bit irrational, even from my Yankees-hating point of view.

The real reason to be excited for 2015 is that Matt Harvey will be back.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Red Sox fans can hate all they want but that is a deflection of Big Papi steroid use which was ignored by BSPN because the Red Sox's are the golden boys over in Bristol.

Jeter is a winner, leader, and dated some of the most beautiful women in the world. He has a great career on and off the diamond

Reaction Score
Jeter is a winner , had a great career and is headed to the HOF so to say his negatives outweighed his positives is dumb. The only negative thing I've seen is when Arod was catching a lot of heat from the media for not hitting in the clutch Jeter never stepped up to support him. The part about refusing to move to 3B (if true) is legitimate. Arod was the better SS . As a leader Jeter's rep is that he doesn't talk much to anyone so his leadership is more by example. Those are pretty minor things when you consider his accomplishments and the way he has conducted himself. There isn't a team in either league that wouldn't take Jeter in his prime.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
@BigErnMcCracken Good question.....I enjoy sports talk radio, I like to listen to both sides to a topic that presented with solid thinking and makes you think.

. I guess I've een reading so many idiotic posts on this boneyard, hearing a comparable type comment on radio just drove me nuts, just knowing it came from. Husky fan..it would have been OK if it was Robert from Massachusetts, die hard Red Sox fan. Just bad reflection on UCONN ???yep, thought about your question! that's it....
As crazy as it may sound the Boneyard does not have a monopoly on idiotic thinking, not by a long shot. And there are a few people residing in Ct. that went to Cuse and BC. Most likely this is your pool of idiots that you need to cull the response from.

Reaction Score
Red Sox fans can hate all they want but that is a deflection of Big Papi steroid use which was ignored by BSPN because the Red Sox's are the golden boys over in Bristol.

Jeter is a winner, leader, and dated some of the most beautiful women in the world. He has a great career on and off the diamond
Jeter is a total winner. Don't forget, he won the 2004 World Series for the Sox. When he dived into the stands down the 3rd base line in Fenway in July, Theo realized he had to dump the cancer that was Nomar. Thank you Mr. Jeter!

Reaction Score
Best part of this thread was Robertelamin trolling this guy.

Indeed, you could tell it wasn't going to take much to get him to blow. He reminds me of the character played by Patton Oswalt in the movie about a pathetic sports radio listener.

Lighten up Francis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg