OT - Revisiting Old Albums | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT - Revisiting Old Albums

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I love Heart. I think Ann Wilson is top 5 greatest all time Rock vocalists (and not just women, I mean ALL)

Nancy Wilson irks me. I dont like the posing, the kicks and what not especially as she aged. It seems so contrived.

I actually appreciate Ann more now than ever in the face of all the Beyonce/Mariah wannabees/reality "talent" show queens. If Daltrey could still sing, I might've been convinced to go see the Who when they passed through last month. Ann can still sing.

And since I mentioned The Who, Townsend's windmill is as contrived as anything, so to each their own. I personally think Nancy is still having fun doing this as opposed to just cashing in a paycheck as with most other 70s bands on tour.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I actually appreciate Ann more now than ever in the face of all the Beyonce/Mariah wannabees/reality "talent" show queens. If Daltrey could still sing, I might've been convinced to go see the Who when they passed through last month. Ann can still sing.

And since I mentioned The Who, Townsend's windmill is as contrived as anything, so to each their own. I personally think Nancy is still having fun doing this as opposed to just cashing in a paycheck as with most other 70s bands on tour.

Contrived = doing that silly leg kick in the same exact moment of the same exact song every frickin night.

Reaction Score
now we are talking my friend.
For my money this may be the most well written song (combination of music and lyrics and the mood of the arrangement all together in one incredible alchemy) ever composed. And that isnt easy for me to say because Bob Dylan is my higher power.

This from the rock and roll anniversary at MSG a few years ago is just an incredible spot on performance of it too.

Thanks for the link. Jackson Browne is up there with Steve Winwood for me as one of the all-time underrated musical geniuses. Maybe the Daryl Hannah controversy had something to do with it but I never felt like he got his due for all the amazing stuff he performed on his own and wrote for others. Also Crosby, Stills and Nash are the greatest harmonizes ever. Always thought Stephen Stills was underrated as a solo guy as well.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

if we are going to have chicks doing zep (Ann Wilson excluded) I reach by default for lesbians. (because, well, why wouldnt you?)

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
if we are going to have chicks doing zep (Ann Wilson excluded) I reach by default for lesbians. (because, well, why wouldnt you?)

Just demonstrates the versatility of the music from LZ.
But Gretchen Menn is pretty good.
Met the Wilson sisters out and about in Seattle, they are nice people, or at lweast nice to people.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom