OT: Red Sox Swept | The Boneyard

OT: Red Sox Swept

Reaction Score
As a Yankee fan it's the only enjoyment I can get out of these playoffs but I'd like to see Cleveland add to what LeBron started.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
As a Yankee fan it's the only enjoyment I can get out of these playoffs but I'd like to see Cleveland add to what LeBron started.
The Tribe is much beloved by city, more than the Cav's, least until the championship. My friends say getting beat by Maddox, Glavine, Smoltz, well that happens; but that load of mercenaries from Miami, that hurt. Cubs and Tribe WS, somebody has to win, but someone will find a way to lose.

Reaction Score
Growing up an Indians fan in CT doesn't provide many chances to rub it in to the Yankee and red Sox hordes...

Tonight is a good night

Reaction Score
Happy for Francona and happy Big Phony had his career end like that. I had the Red Sox in the World Series, no way they should have been swept by a depleted Indians team.

Reaction Score
I dont follow baseball closely, but why on earth would you sign David Price? Everyone knew how it was going to end this year, and for 6 more years? Insane.

Reaction Score
Growing up an Indians fan in CT doesn't provide many chances to rub it in to the Yankee and red Sox hordes...

Tonight is a good night
Still waiting for your litany of reasons why he is a phony. Since you haven't produced them, I guess that makes you the phony.

And Johnny Selvie WAY better player than Cliff Robinson? Your idiocy knows no depths. Glad we have you for comic relief on this board. You're like the Donald Trump of the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
I dont follow baseball closely, but why on earth would you sign David Price? Everyone knew how it was going to end this year, and for 6 more years? Insane.
Truer words never spoken. Exhibit A: CC Sabathia

Reaction Score
Still waiting for your litany of reasons why he is a phony. Since you haven't produced them, I guess that makes you the phony.

And Johnny Selvie WAY better player than Cliff Robinson? Your idiocy knows no depths. Glad we have you for comic relief on this board. You're like the Donald Trump of the Boneyard.
You're responding to the wrong poster and you clearly don't know Selvie's value to the boneyard and to UConn basketball. He's one of the 10 best to ever don a jersey at UConn. Don't comment on things you don't know, it only makes you look foolish.

Reaction Score
You're responding to the wrong poster and you clearly don't know Selvie's value to the boneyard and to UConn basketball. He's one of the 10 best to ever don a jersey at UConn. Don't comment on things you don't know, it only makes you look foolish.
I guess I missed your obvious sarcasm. Anyone with even a pea for a brain knows that Cliff was in the first group to have his number added to the ring of honor (and Selvie's ceremony happened when?), not to mention his 18 year NBA career. YOU were the one who said he was WAY better than Cliff in the other thread. I guess your memory is as poor as your IQ. If I could figure out how to cut and paste I would do it, but you know you said it. You really are quite the phony.

Reaction Score
Cliffy was never first team All-Big East but Selvie was a far better player and maybe our most versatile player ever.

Here it is SuperCon. Are you gonna deny writing this now? This is the idiotic post I responded to.

Reaction Score
I guess I missed your obvious sarcasm. Anyone with even a pea for a brain knows that Cliff was in the first group to have his number added to the ring of honor (and Selvie's ceremony happened when?), not to mention his 18 year NBA career. YOU were the one who said he was WAY better than Cliff in the other thread. I guess your memory is as poor as your IQ. If I could figure out how to cut and paste I would do it, but you know you said it. You really are quite the phony.
Of course I said it, Selvie is one of the best ever at UConn and clearly our best power forward ever. He was a rebounding machine, had great court awareness and was an excellent passer. Some day you'll figure out how to cut and paste and learn about the game Naismith created, a failure to recognize Johnny Time's greatness is your loss.

Reaction Score
Here it is SuperCon. Are you gonna deny writing this now? This is the idiotic post I responded to.
You've become a boneyard legend in my book tonight. You learned how to cut and paste, next step you will admit you're wrong in not recognizing that Selvie is better than Uncle Cliffy and Donyell. Strong perfomance on your part so far.

Reaction Score
Truer words never spoken. Exhibit A: CC Sabathia

Wow can't have a more idiotic comeback than this. LOL At least try.

I must admit though I am getting freaked out about the Selvie vs Cliff thingy because I just laughed it off as pure sarcasm at it's finest and now others may be agreeing?:eek:

Reaction Score

superjohn just hates Boston teams and players in general( even though he's gonna try to deny it). That's really all there is to it.

Reaction Score
I don't follow baseball closely, but why on earth would you sign David Price? Everyone knew how it was going to end this year, and for 6 more years? Insane.

I would like to make fun of the Sox for that; but, being a Yankees fan and still having ARoid on contract, can't do it. The good news is that after 2017, I believe the only dog contract the Yankees will have left is Ellsbury. Now, if they can just avoid the temptation to trade away some of the kids for some delusion of grandeur short-term albatross this off-season, I'll be happy.

Reaction Score
I would like to make fun of the Sox for that; but, being a Yankees fan and still having ARoid on contract, can't do it. The good news is that after 2017, I believe the only dog contract the Yankees will have left is Ellsbury. Now, if they can just avoid the temptation to trade away some of the kids for some delusion of grandeur short-term albatross this off-season, I'll be happy.

They do have a real chubby 3rd baseman and a mighty mouse 2nd baseman they spent some cash on too which won't add up all that well. ARod doesn't count anyway, they wanted him too and would've had the same situation. Yanks have had plenty of crappy contracts besides him anyway, now they have some. We have always heard about them, tough when the shoes on the other foot.

Reaction Score
Hitting .214 in the playoffs. You are not going to win many games. They ended the season losing 8 of their last 9 games after winning 11 in a row.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sox stunk up the joint. No other way to look at it. Go Cubs! It's their time. Anyone but Toronto...I hate that team.

Reaction Score
Uh, no. CC was great for the Yankees and earned every penny (the extension is another matter).
Hardly. His original contract ran through 2015. He was below league average for 2013, 2014, and 2015. He was actually pretty good this year. Considering the other problems with the Yankees pitching staff this year, it would have been even worse without Sabathia. All things considered, the original contract was more than a bit optimistic, but in reality, the extension has been a net positive so far. We'll see if he can maintain his new found success in his final year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You say some utterly ridiculous things but this is one of your top 10
I KNOW my UConn basketball as well as any person and to say that........................................ Wow
Foolish is what foolish knows

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom