OT - Rank Your Top 5 QBs Alltime | The Boneyard

OT - Rank Your Top 5 QBs Alltime

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
There are too many ways to evaluate QBs based on stats, wins, yards, playoffs, championships, etc.

I'm going to take most of that out of the equation and go with this:

You are the GM of a new organization and you have your favorite coach (a different debate all it's own and maybe we can do that next) on the sidelines already signed for two decades. Your goal is to build a dynasty and the first thing you can do is magically take any QB as they were coming out of college. Assume you have no other players yet and will have to build and offense and defense but you have to start by taking a QB - a magical rookie QB who you know how they will play in the league for the next NN years. Again, your goal is to build a dynasty - rank your top 5. If you want to justify, go ahead but list the top 5 first at the top of the post.

Just so you have a little material to work with, I'll put up a short list - you can obviously add (thanks to David 76 for making a list in the Peyton thread I can steal from and add to).

Marino, Montana, Young, Peyton, Eli, Brady, Brees, Farve, Staubach, Graham, Bradshaw, Starr, Aikman, Jurgenson, Moon, Warner, Rogers, Romo, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Tarkenton, Unitas, Elway, Wilson, Luck, Kelly, Fouts, Namath, Flacco, Palmer, Griese, Simms, Stabler.

Obviously some of these will get no love and many a lot of us never saw - but there's a large talent pool to pick from.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
1) Rogers (if you could build a Pro QB, this is what you would build)
2) Montana (intangibles)
3) Brady (2nd prototypical build)
4) Marino (perfect passer)
5) Bradshaw (winner)

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Because it says you're talking about top 5 QBs of all time and you bring up Flacco, Romo, Eli, and Phil Simms.
Good lord - I was just building a group to choose from - did you read the disclaimer? You can choose anyone you want from the list or off the list. Way to screw up a fun thread.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, who moved this? We have a 123 replies, 2771 view post about peyton on the board that directly relates to this. We have a couple days before we play again. Why would you move this?

Reaction Score
1. Peyton
2. Montana
3. Brady
4. Elway
5. Marino

Most overrated ever is Joe Namath. And there isn't a close second. He was John Hadl with cool hair and a SB ring.

Reaction Score
1) Brady
2) Marino
3) Moon
4) Farve
5) Montana (but Peyton or Rogers could take this spot)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Eli
Phil Simms
Fran Tarkenton
Jeff Hostetler
Danny Kannell

Sammy Baugh
Joe Theismann
Mark Rypien
Billy Kilmer
Sonny Jurgenson

Honorable mention:
Heath Shuler
Jeff Rutledge
Rich Gannon
Jay Schroeder
Doug Williams

Reaction Score
Danny Kanell over Kerry Collins lol.

OK I was having fun although I admit I forgot the Kerry Collins "era" for a minute. Kid wasn't bad, talented arm just more Jeff George.

Reaction Score
Sammy Baugh
Joe Theismann
Mark Rypien
Billy Kilmer
Sonny Jurgenson

Honorable mention:
Heath Shuler
Jeff Rutledge
Rich Gannon
Jay Schroeder
Doug Williams

RG III over Shuler.

At least he had one good year....

Reaction Score
1. Rogers
2. Marino
3. Favre
4. Montana
5. Tie: Namath, Brady, Peyton

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It is obviously a tough question because of rules changes leading to more prolific numbers in the modern era. However, in light of Super Bowl XLIX, I think it's time this got revisited.

1. Brady (6-3 in Championship Games; 4-2 in Super Bowls)
2. Montana (4-3 in Championship games; 4-0 is Super bowls, brought a KC team with no business to be there to the AFC title game.)
3. Marino (May have been the best pure QB of his time).
4. Manning (Only Marino and Brady are in the argument for best regular season QB, behind Marino due to playoff record. Too many 1&dones)
5. A case can be made for Favre, Unitas (best of his era), Elway, Rodgers, Dan Fouts and (ready for this one?) Warren Moon, among others.

Reaction Score
It is obviously a tough question because of rules changes leading to more prolific numbers in the modern era. However, in light of Super Bowl XLIX, I think it's time this got revisited.

1. Brady (6-3 in Championship Games; 4-2 in Super Bowls)
2. Montana (4-3 in Championship games; 4-0 is Super bowls, brought a KC team with no business to be there to the AFC title game.)
3. Marino (May have been the best pure QB of his time).
4. Manning (Only Marino and Brady are in the argument for best regular season QB, behind Marino due to playoff record. Too many 1&dones)
5. A case can be made for Favre, Unitas (best of his era), Elway, Rodgers, Dan Fouts and (ready for this one?) Warren Moon, among others.

Couldn't have guessed that 25? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox